#1 Edited by mrplaid (33 posts) -

I would have sworn that I saw a clip on YouTube of some show that Jeff and Ryan were filming segments for. Might have been an early version of GameSpot TV before it became X-Play? Anyone else remember that?

#2 Edited by ikabubu (342 posts) -

I was listening to the old podcasts, and something was mentioned on the very podcast when the crew got together after Ryan Davis's death (July 09, 2013 episode).

Jeff reminisced of the one time Ryan and himself spent an all-nighter in a hotel room furiously writing and rewriting the script. I think it was for Attack Of the Show? The story mentions Jeff, Ryan, Carrie, and Bethany (I think?) writing and filming segments, to which it sounded like they were given carte blanche on whatever they wanted.

I could be completely wrong on this.

I'm curious: what brought this up? Nagging memory?

#3 Posted by crithon (3979 posts) -

actually, yes, and they also did a whole series of skits with the Gamespot crew like 2004/2005. Just reminded Ryan doing a parody of a dating ad at a club...... god I faintly remember it. It was cool because it wasn't suppose to replace XPlay, like another generic video game review show, instead it was before Midnight Brown became the theme song of Gamespot.

#4 Posted by mrplaid (33 posts) -

Thanks for the replies! Glad to know I'm not completely crazy. I think I started thinking about this because I was looking at old X-Play videos on YouTube.

#5 Edited by KaneRobot (2776 posts) -

@ikabubu said:

I was listening to the old podcasts, and something was mentioned on the very podcast when the crew got together after Ryan Davis's death (July 09, 2013 episode).

Jeff reminisced of the one time Ryan and himself spent an all-nighter in a hotel room furiously writing and rewriting the script. I think it was for Attack Of the Show? The story mentions Jeff, Ryan, Carrie, and Bethany (I think?) writing and filming segments, to which it sounded like they were given carte blanche on whatever they wanted.

I could be completely wrong on this

I think that was actually for Cinematech on G4, around the time when G4 was all low-budget shows with ads for nothing but Pringles since it was their only sponsor (I kind of loved G4 back then). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#6 Posted by csl316 (14968 posts) -

Time Trotters came to mind, though I'm guessing you mean something else.

But still, it's always a good time to think about Time Trotters.

#7 Posted by donatoqueen (54 posts) -

Does anyone know where I could find this? If I remember they wrote and were in a couple of episodes/skits?