Am I the only one who thinks the CT endurance run is a bad idea?

• 149 results
DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By DeF

@emergency said:

@Cincaid said:

YES YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE

I FRIGGING KNEW HE WAS THE ONLY ONE. DAMNIT.

The chosen one, She who shall stand against the forces of darkness. She is the slayer.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By RedRoach

I like how everyone has completely forgotten the original idea of the ER. Raging that it's not true to the original concept.

People, the original idea for the Endurance Run was this: Vinny and Jeff both wanted to play P4, but neither of them had the time, so they decided to play it in 15 minute chunks and post it up. They weren't even sure if they were going to make it all the way.

No, the ER doesn't have to be japanese, it doesn't have to be obscure or crazy, it just has to be a game that they want to play but don't have time for.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#53  Edited By Hailinel

@Jason_Bourne said:

I like how everyone has completely forgotten the original idea of the ER. Raging that it's not true to the original concept.

People, the original idea for the Endurance Run was this: Vinny and Jeff both wanted to play P4, but neither of them had the time, so they decided to play it in 15 minute chunks and post it up. They weren't even sure if they were going to make it all the way.

No, the ER doesn't have to be japanese, it doesn't have to be obscure or crazy, it just has to be a game that they want to play but don't have time for.

All of this. The Endurance Run was originally about playing a game that they wanted to play, not games that people were pleading for them to play. And despite their popularity, there are people that hated the P4 and Deadly Premonition ERs. No one is going to be entirely satisfied by any game choice they make. If they want to play Chrono Trigger, then they'll play Chrono Trigger, and they won't give a shit about the whining on the boards.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By laserbolts

I don't mind the game choice I just can't handle Patrick so I won't be watching.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Kazona

Really? Another one of these?

First people bitch and moan when they think there's not going to be another endurance run. Then when there is another endurance run, people bitch and moan that it's not the exact game they were hoping for.

Self-entitlement much?

If you don't like it, don't fucking watch it. It's that simple. Or better yet, go do your own ER and take all the whiners with you. Ten to one that the people complaining about your version of an ER will drive you to the point of giving up on it entirely.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Afroman269
Am i the only one...

Fuck you and your worthless thread.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#57  Edited By Yummylee

@McGhee said:

If you would have been paying attention to any thread at all concerning this ER or even done the briefest search you would know that you definitely aren't the only one complaining about it. I'm kind of sick of it at this point.

Come, now. This is jay, remember? He made this thread specifically because everyone is already talking about in multiple threads.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ravenlight

Yo they should play Dwarf Fortress.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By FightMeNerd

@Jay444111:

"What I am getting at, is that EVERYONE can/have played this game, even their own damn mothers as well. This game is WILDLY able to be bought on nearly every damn place you can find it! Gamestop even has copies of this game these days, it is insanely common."

I played to about a half way point where I got stuck in an area that didn't have random enemies to level up on and there was no way to leave the area and the boss was one shoting me because I ran through some areas before. Otherwise my friends don't even know this game existed, they were busy playing link to the past and final fantasy.

"Isn't the Endurance run about giving cult classic games the chance to be well known to newer generations of people? If so, then I can think of MUCH better video games to do Endurance runs on."

It's not about what you think would be better and that isn't what an endurance run is about. It's about them playing game they always wanted to try but never got around to or don't have the time to play. Persona is a huge game that came out around the holidays, no way they could have played that on their own time. Or at least stuck with it as much as they wanted to, same with deadly premonition, they would have played it for a day, got tired and moved on but they knew they wanted to beat it to see what the deal was. Ryan has never played this game and no "newer generation" is gonna go out of their way to play anything other than call of duty and angry birds. JRPG's are pretty much dead.

I feel that last paragraph covers the rest of your post. Besides half the fun of watching someone play a game even if you have played it is seeing their reaction to something you reacted heavily to. When teddy pulled off his head in the P4 Endurance run I flipped my shit and so did they. Same as when mysterious fox was just sitting there with the group for the first time with absolutely no explanation.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Animasta

@Ravenlight said:

they would die like, less than 30 minutes in.

Regal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Regal

@Venatio said:

I loved both previous ER's, still the best feature on the site

When they were talking about a new ER I was excited, when I learned it was CT and neither Jeff or Vinny was playing, I lost all anticipation

WHAT? No Vinny and Jeff?

I sort of thought of Vinny as the heart of this ER enterprize.

Well I'm sure it would work with a Bradley or Dave. I'm a piece of shit for saying this but... they're not having Klepek do these right?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Regal: You probably should read up more on why people are having issues with this Endurance Run. Those playing are Patrick and Ryan, to answer your question.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By GreggD

Jesus H. Christ, all this complaining.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Getz
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Yes I think it is a bad idea, but no I don't care because I'm going to watch it anyway and gladly be proven wrong.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

I've never played or heard of Chrono Trigger.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

@Hailinel said:

@Jason_Bourne said:

All of this. The Endurance Run was originally about playing a game that they wanted to play, not games that people were pleading for them to play. And despite their popularity, there are people that hated the P4 and Deadly Premonition ERs. No one is going to be entirely satisfied by any game choice they make. If they want to play Chrono Trigger, then they'll play Chrono Trigger, and they won't give a shit about the whining on the boards.

Pretty much this. Also, I think people are overestimating the number of people who played Chrono Trigger, especially all the way through. I know I gave out and started playing something else before I even completely assembled the party because it got stale. With Ryan and Patrick playing through it, I might actually see/care about what happens this time! Either way it should be fun.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Jay444111 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@Jay444111 said:

There is a difference however between each game, if the game was something like Earthbound, everyone would rejoice.

I seriously doubt it, mainly because a huge percent of the Giant Bomb population has probably never heard about it.

Edit: Huzzah, 2000th post. Now I'm a man.

How many of the GB community even heard of Deadly Premonition then?

What does that have to do with anything? People will bitch about Earthbound because they don't know the game. Or because they know it too well and want something new. Or because they have just finished playing it and don't want to go through it again so soon. Or because whetever, the same way people bitched and moaned about Deadly Premonition. You'll never be able to please everyone. Period. You don't like the idea of a Chrono Trigger ER, fine. Just get over it and don't complain.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By geirr

They could be playing WoW or Second Life (lol) for all I care, as long as I get to see duders having fun with a video game I'm happy.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ravenlight

@Animasta said:

@Ravenlight said:

they would die like, less than 30 minutes in.

The point of an Endurance Run is to keep playing until they win.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#71  Edited By Dagbiker

your obviously not because there are like five threads about this.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By George_Hukas

Chrono Trigger isn't a bad idea, you're probably just getting old.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Masha2932
@Getz: I was just thinking of posting that. Nice. 
benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By benpicko

Y'know what? I'm pretty sure you ARE the only person to say this.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#75  Edited By FinalDasa

@Jay444111: If you don't like the choice of game then don't watch the ER. Not too difficult. I didn't like Deadly Premonition too much as a game but I watched most of those videos because I enjoy the ER more than the game.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Karl_Boss

People's dissatisfaction for this has been discussed to death and their are multiple threads where people express why they think its a bad idea.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BraveToaster

@FinalDasa said:

Beg for endurance run.

Hate new endurance run.

Derp.

My thoughts exactly.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your argument only carries weight under your own circumstances, you say everyone's played chrono trigger, thats massively untrue and you only think that because you are from a generation that might have, don't make such massive assumptions.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By benpicko

Minecraft would be pretty good. Play until the end credits.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#80  Edited By Brendan

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: People with thread titles including the words "Am I the only one...?" should be given a dunce cap.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Klaimore

There are so many variables and I'm just used to watching Vinny and Jeff. But I have hopes for Ryan and Patrick. Also I don't know much of this oh so beloved rpg so I'm interested what people talk about so much.

Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Juno500

@Brendan said:

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: People with thread titles including the words "Am I the only one...?" should be given a dunce cap.

I totally agree, it never ceases to annoy me.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#83  Edited By amomjc

I don't understand why the endurance run has to be a terrible game, why cannot it be a great critically acclaimed game I can sit back and enjoy? I would love for them to do Halo, Super Mario World, Thief 3, Batman Arkham City, and even more. Just because people know about it doesn't mean it wont be fun to watch. I couldn't get past the 2nd or 3rd video in each of the other endurance runs because of the game and I doubt I am the only one to do just that.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#84  Edited By MormonWarrior

I probably won't watch more than an episode. Still haven't gotten through the Persona 4 one and the Deadly Premonition ER was painful because it's such an awful game. Chrono Trigger is amazing but I'd rather just replay it myself. After I finally get around to Chrono Cross, that is.

ShinSolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ShinSolidus

Slightly off topic but... Is it bad that I still haven't played Chrono Trigger?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By DystopiaX

ER was never about giving cult classic games publicity. It was about the crew picking games they wouldn't play through otherwise and need to be endured- either for length or quality- and playing them. They play whatever they want to play, it has nothing to do with what "deserves" to be played.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Dagbiker
@ShinSolidus Depends on your age, and if you where one of those crazy sega guys who always thought sonic was so awesome, and teased me about toejam and earl.
Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll watch the first episode, but they're REALLY going to have to surprise me with the quality to make up for the lack of Vinny and Jeff.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89  Edited By Animasta

@Dagbiker said:

@ShinSolidus Depends on your age, and if you where one of those crazy sega guys who always thought sonic was so awesome, and teased me about toejam and earl.

sega does what nintendon't

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Deathshroud

I think they also in some way want to see if they can take a classic good game and make a entertaining experience out of it . And I have every hope it successful

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By GreggD

Hey, guys I came up with a better response.

This thread is a bad idea.

BOOM!

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By LiquidSwords
You idiots taking a Jay444111 thread seriously
You idiots taking a Jay444111 thread seriously
adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By adoggz

@Afroman269 said:

Am i the only one...

Fuck you and your worthless thread.

man, thats pretty harsh. but i guess i agree that this thread is almost as bad...

... as the new endurance run.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94  Edited By shivermetimbers

A "Custard's Revenge" ER would be better, but I'll settle for CT ER. Let them do what they want.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Afroman269

@adoggz: Boom.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Dagbiker

Am I the only one... that thinks Jays threads suck ass.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#97  Edited By Little_Socrates

Everyone else has made all my relevant points on the first page. I'm a little bummed out it's Chrono Trigger because I own that game and feel obligated to play it ahead of them, but have TONS of games to play right now. Basically, I'll be checking the time counters for each episode and playing that much each day to try to stay ahead of them.

The only point that hasn't been made is the point that they might want to finish this Endurance Run before the End of Star Wars: Galaxies. I've read multiple places that this is a game that can be completed in about 8-10 hours, which, if measured in Deadly Premonition Episode Length, is somewhere between 10-15 episodes. That's almost EXACTLY the amount of time before the End of Star Wars: Galaxies begins.

Think about it; the end of this year may be Skyrim Bonanza, Kinect-a-Palooza, exEcutable, Chrono Trigger Endurance Run, End of Star Wars: Galaxies, and last, GOTY. Tell me that's not a KILLER way to go out!

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By wafflez

@Klaimore said:

There are so many variables and I'm just used to watching Vinny and Jeff. But I have hopes for Ryan and Patrick. Also I don't know much of this oh so beloved rpg so I'm interested what people talk about so much.

This is pretty much how I feel.. except I have very vague memories of playing this game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By toowalrus

No, the people endlessly bitching about it in the other threads love this idea- you're the only one.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By super2j

@Kazona you're mistake is that you r treating the community like s spastic person. The people who whine about no endurance run may not be the same as the whiners about the game choice / players. Of course, there will be those who will fall into both categories. But saying those vocal few represent us all is no good. on the otherhand. The er is still content that is supposed to entertain the users of the site. As potentially paying viewers, stating requests and problems is a right and can be important to improving content. This is why we have focus groups. The only reason we have a problem here is bc we are oversaturated with suggestions we find stupid (A hates B's idea who hates C's idea).