Amazon's "Prime Day" - What Are You Looking to Buy?

• 109 results
Avatar image for dannydrinkwater
DannyDrinkwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would seriously jump on any decent 3DS or PS4 deal to round out my console collection. These sales aren't looking too hot to start though.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

$49 for a regular Kindle is a pretty good deal for anyone who doesn't have a Kindle yet, although the Paperwhite screens are so much better. Of course, those aren't on sale.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

What is up with these sales? I don't see a fucking thing worth talking about.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Strife777

Well, I hope they're saving the good stuff for when people are up cause uh... yeah.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#55  Edited By alistercat

The deals are pretty terrible in the UK. 17% off Tomb Raider for Xbox One!? Quick, get that before it sells out!

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The deals on the Canadian site are laughable right now. We'll see how things progress, so far it's looking preeeeeeeeetty boring.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like i can't sign up for prime trial again, probably cause i had it a couple times already. B'oh.

TomRoberts94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brundage: Yeah I bought stuff today using my student membership

TomRoberts94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well im looking for a portable charger and I just bought a record player that converts to mp3

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just Dance 2015 down from £20 to £16! Take that, Black Friday!

Pentax K-3 DSLR is up at 7:10pm UK time, which could be alright if it has a chunk off.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BabyChooChoo

For my American homies: The sale has been going for about 3 hours now. The east coast is starting to wake up, but the vast majority of people in the U.S. are sleeping right now. They're not going to put any real good shit on sale right now just like they didn't on Black Friday. Later in the day is when all the real good shit starts showing up. I still wouldn't get your hopes too high (their Black Friday sale was good, but far from mind-blowing), but it'll be a lot better than what's available now.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By MezZa

Yeah I just woke up to see nothing spectacular. I'll pop back in later on to see if anything cool is available. I'm okay with not having an excuse to spend more money though, so its hard to be disappointed if nothing big shows up.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

Long Story Short: Does the Amazon Fire TV Stick have the PBS app, so we can watch all of their shows and other programs?

Long Story, Unabridged:

By chance, does anybody know of of hand, or know of a website where I can find a list of all of the TV channel apps that are available for Amazon Fire TV? Specifically the Fire TV Stick, though I'm sure everything is pretty much the same between the Fire TV box and the stick models. We have an expansive cable package, so we will have an account for almost all possible TV channel apps, and we are looking for the apps for cable TV - AMC, A&E, USA, etc.

The deal breaker is that she wants to watch PBS shows, so she only wants a streaming device that has the PBS app built in or available to download. I know the Apple TV and Roku have the PBS app (since we also own both of those), but the Amazon Fire TV Stick is only $24 today (thanks to "Prime Day"). I just need to know if the Fire TV Stick has the PBS app, along with other aforementioned TV channel apps.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer said:

Nothing because Prime still isn't worth it in Canada.

This. Only worth it if you're a student

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#65  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: Thanks. I researched and found that the Fire TV Stick does support the PBS app, only I would have to download it and activate my code on PBS's website (same as when I activated Amazon on my smart TV).

Since they were going fast - as of right now, they are sold out and the wait list is full - I went ahead and purchased one either way, figuring that, at worst and didn't have a PBS app, that I could always return it or someone I know would buy it from me.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Nothing, because I don't shop from Amazon enough to warrant ever getting a Prime subscription. I wish they had a separate monthly subscription for their streaming shows/movies. I know the yearly price for Netflix is pretty much the same as a Prime sub, but paying 100 bucks all at once isn't as easy as paying 9 a month.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By rollingzeppelin

I bought a portable charger and the Sennheisers that were 62% off. It's hard to say no to $400 headphones for $150. Ouch, my bank account :(.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By mikemcn

I'm finding amazon really hard to just browse, I guess I always just went direct to the item I wanted when I bought stuff there before.

Like why can't I just bring up a vertical list of all the prime day deals?? Clicking through 10 items at a time is silly.

Punched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rollingzeppelin: That's how they get you. You actually bought $200 headphones. They advertise a $400 regular price but you can always find them for $200 or less.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im tempted by the witcher 3 special edition. Thoughts?

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i got a samsung 500gb ssd for about $156 all-in. feeling pretty good about that!

on the whole though- pretty lacklustre in terms of real savings. much like black friday- there's a pittance of really outstanding deals that go super quick, and the rest are just designed to get you in the door to spend money you otherwise wouldn't.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i got a samsung 500gb ssd for about $156 all-in. feeling pretty good about that!

on the whole though- pretty lacklustre in terms of real savings. much like black friday- there's a pittance of really outstanding deals that go super quick, and the rest are just designed to get you in the door to spend money you otherwise wouldn't.

It's all about the lightning deals which keep people coming back to the site. Unfortunately even those are pretty lackluster

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a pressure washer I don't really need. I am officially old.

terach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Managed to grab Bloodborne for $30. They were pretty much all claimed after 5 minutes.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

What a weird "event". Almost nothing on sale, only a limited quantity is put for sale (everything is already sold out. which is weird. real stores can sell out. their supply should theoretically be unlimited. if x number of people want to buy so and so ps4 game, the publisher would gladly print more copies for them.) Sale prices are still higher than what you can regularly find stuff for (like 32GB memory cards for $25). And the things on sale are super obsolete, like iPhone 4 cases and clock radios.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By citizenkane

I seemed to have miss the PS4 bundle with Arkham Knight, Witcher III, and PS Plus for $400. I was constantly searching the lightning deals, and it never came up. :-\

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought my Dad a new drill that he wanted for his birthday that was 55% off. That was pretty cool. Other than that, not seen anything I want.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Anybody know how those Bose headphones are? I kinda wanted some really nice headphones for my ps4 and PC and they seem like they are on a pretty good deal, 79.99 from 149.99

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81  Edited By Evilsbane

What a disappointing sale, so much of it is just a mountain of junk and the few good things were gone before it even started.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, today has been super disappointing. It would have been a lot better if I was able to get that PS4 bundle.

Sadly, I don't think we will see any other bundles like that today.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grabbed the Cowboy Bebop Blu Ray set for $30, otherwise I'm not seeing jack shit on here.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Should probably note that Wal-Mart has been approximating a lot of the prices, and most of their games seem to b in stock. On the downside, it is Wal-Mart, but... eh.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I got FF 10 and 10-2 (Ps4) for $35 and The order 1886 for $20. A few other miscellaneous items too, but nothing of note. Prime day isn't turning balls out crazy like I hoped, but it hasn't been all that bad for me personally.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I also grabbed the FFX/X-2 deal. Also had Gone Girl on BluRay in my cart and saw it was like $15, so I grabbed that too. Thanks to Jeff's recent podcast rants; I might finally actually play FFX-2 to see it for myself.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By limond

I picked up a Blu-Ray copy of Dredd for 8 bucks and a 20 pack of Irish Spring Bar Soap. Will keep updated if I find anything else.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By chilibean_3

The deals were too tempting. I got the PS4 and Xbox One bundles and the 50% off Bloodborne. I am now on the current consoles. Looking forward to the layers of dust on these things by the end of the year.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like the US sales were still a lot better. We got 20% off the Smurfs game for 3DS. Not even a recent release.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chilibean_3: Yeah, my brother got the Xbox One bundle. I missed the PS4 bundle, even though I kept refreshing the deals all day.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sale is an absolute farce. Tried to get a 48" TV when it went on sale for $299. Hit add to cart the very second the sale started, instantly "sold out". That I can stomach, but it is still in stock for its normal price. They made it seem they would discount stuff until it is gone. But instead they allocate a small number of each product to give the illusion of a huge sale. Pretty disappointing.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hasn't been too great for video games really. Some of the prices were already matched in the last microsoft sale, borderlands thc 34.99.. that was its price digitally. I guess I just expected more.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping to get a new graphics card but they only seem to be selling bad DVDs and useless appliances.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I ended up getting the immersion circulator for sous vide.

Yeah, today has been super disappointing. It would have been a lot better if I was able to get that PS4 bundle.

Sadly, I don't think we will see any other bundles like that today.

Yea, I had it in my cart, then out, then in, trying to make up my mind if I should get it for my nephew. By the time I did make up my mind, it's deal was over. There is another bundle, but Final Fantasy Type 0 isn't a game he'd be interested in.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Damn, sounds like Amazon has really dropped the ball on this one. Every other commercial on TV was about this dumb thing too.

Apparently they have yet to do the crazy cheap TV's they kept boasting about because it seems everyone is harassing them on Twitter about it.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#96 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Well, just got an XONE (Master Chief edition which is whatever), headset, and 3 month XBox Live Gold subscription for $350. I'm happy with this sale.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Oof, well, looks like I was totally wrong and that was indeed a lot of hype for nothing. Their BF sale wasn't anything to write home about either, but it was infinitely better than this. Some people seem to be grabbing exactly what they wanted so I guess it isn't all bad, but maaaan.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the PS4 + Arkham Knight + Final Fantasy Tpe-0 HD + 1-year of PS Plus for $400. I also got both GTA V and The Last of Us for my PS4, together for $60.

Here's the link to the PS4 bundle.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I only bought Kingsman on blu ray for $10. This sale was awful. Complete joke.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@punched: BALLS!

lol I can't believe they advertised this on TV. Their marketing team must be terrible.