An article all real gamers should read

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kujel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kujel

First by real gamers I mean those of us who don't tend to play multiplayer. I was over at Kotaku and so this very good article about how single-player games are more refined then multiplayer and so too are those of us who prefer them.

Read the article for yourselves here: http://kotaku.com/5826946/look-single+player-people-are-just-better

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By canucks23

ugh... really?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Branthog

That's like saying that people who play Solitaire are more skilled than poker players.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says
@Kujel said:
First by real gamers I mean those of us who don't tend to play multiplayer.
wut?

Guess I'll go throw out my xbox and 50 games because I'm a fake...might as well kill myself now :(
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Example1013

Oh look, a "link" to a republished article. I'm shocked.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a real gamer b/c I like to have fun with my friends doing something we all like? Aaaaawwwww man..... 
Also spam

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Example1013

If you guys are snobs who don't want to go to Kotaku, the original is here. Methinks this has good material for a blog by somebody. Maybe a way for a certain new poster to get that quest out of the way without posting retarded shit?

Sorrowsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Sorrowsan

must be an only child who doesnt want to share his toys. only a handful of games are built with multiplayer being the main focus(mainly recent fps, cod, battlefield etc) there are still plenty of excellent single player games (mass effect, l.a noire.) fps games need a strong multiplayer to compete in todays market.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Example1013

@Kujel: And by that I mean, you should write a blog with some analysis of the article to spur discussion. Maybe a paragraph or two? As it stands, this thread is considered spam. For a thread to be worthwhile, you need to post some sort of analysis. At least a few sentences worth. This is just a general rule, as it helps keep the forums less cluttered and allows real threads with discussion value to be seen.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Muerthoz

The guy who wrote that article also wrote last week how Saints Row needs to get the sex out of the marketing of the game so he can feel better about enjoying it. He's OK with it being comically violent but boobies are a no-no?

I did not read this new article but after clicking the link and seeing who wrote it, I know that I really couldn't care less about what's in it. I mainly play singleplayer and I do not want this guy representing me in any way, shape or form.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JBird

Its a pointless article.  Whilst he is entitled to an opinion a game isnt made or undone by multiplayer. And just because this guy finds multiplayer to have no point doesnt make it worthless. What about fifa, or any sports game? These games are meant to be enjoyed with others. I'd say fifa is the last video game that is better in local multiplayer than in any other way of playing. and this thread is titled a bit silly, :P. I might make one called "an article all real food lovers should read" but then clarify that by real food lovers I mean those with a passion for fish. 

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By GunstarRed

Are  real gamers like the real Ghostbusters, Kinda like the real thing...but a bit shitter?
RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RaikohBlade

The thread title made me laugh inside. Unfortunately, it wasn't good enough for a real laugh.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Slaker117

I play singleplayer and mutliplayer games!

What now, bitches?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I feel like the article is a lot more tongue-in-cheek than the original post here.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tim_the_corsair

What a stupid post about an equally stupid "article".

High_Nunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By High_Nunez

I hated that article. I hate how he pleads "I don't want to sound snobbish", and then totally does. I hate that tinge of superciliousness that is not is unlike a giant turd in my cereal. I don't even really play multiplayer, and in fact, prefer single player games; yet his douchebaggery makes me feel dirty for sharing an interest of his. Fuck that guy, and his article.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By mike

What is this, system wars?