And I thought Patrick hate died down

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#101  Edited By Slag

Youtube comments are dumb, what else is new

but you know Patrick probably ought stop acknowledging such stupidity. He's said his piece several times by now, by continuing to acknowledge the haters, He's only encouraging it.

heck this thread might not even exist if he hadn't acknowledged it on twitter.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By JasonR86

The problem I see with these complaints about Patrick, or anyone else on the staff if there were complaints lobbed at them, is that the complaints given are so meaningless and are so unreasonable that any real complaint will simply be chalked up as "Oh it's another everyone hates (insert staff name here) thread!".

The thing is everyone professional can improve in some area of their work. Patrick, Brad, Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, and everyone else involved in the GB operation can likely improve somewhere. Now I'm sure the dudes use each other as guides on how to improve behind the scenes. But the viewership is who their created content is for and if there is an actual, real, fixable problem with one of the staff that the staff would need to consider addressing and that that issue is brought up by the viewership then the staff need to pay attention. But I imagine that is hard to do when there are also a shit ton of complaints like ''yo Patrick's list sux lol" which just clogs up this whole system. The guys won't pay attention to real issues they should consider when there are so many issues brought up that are bullshit.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if the staff simply ignores complaints from fans then they will continue to make the same mistakes over and over and eventually loss viewers. But as people who care about the site the fans need to limit these complaints to meaningful issues that are reasonable and can actually be addressed. They need to be professional-based complaints not 'your opinions sucks'-based or whatever bullshit basis someone uses when they lob a complaint at the staff.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By clumsyninja1

Haters are gonna hate...

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104  Edited By laserbolts

because this thread isn't utterly pointless...fuck off people

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By JasonR86

@laserbolts said:

because this thread isn't utterly pointless...fuck off people

Yeah!

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By Christoffer

@MikeJFlick said:

I don't see the problem, call me heartless if you want, but people have their own opinions, just like patrick has a opinion on goty, people have opinions on who they like, I personally hate Christian Bale and down vote any video on youtube hes in.

So in your example, if you made a long argument about how bad Christian Bale is, it's ok for me to anonymously hate the way you behave, look and sound? You wouldn't mind?

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By MikeJFlick

@Christoffer: Nope, because that would be your opinion, not everyone has the same opinion, which is why some things are popular and some things are not.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#108  Edited By evanbower

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I get why some people might dislike Patrick, cause after the whole you know what thing (lets not bring it up), I'm not his biggest fan. But hate? And disliking a video just because it's Patrick? Yeah that's just fucking stupid and immature. From the comments, It's actually the sarcastic dudes that pissed me off the most. You know who you are, on the internet it's acceptable, in real life you'd get weird looks. Stop being an asshole.

I... wish I knew what. But I don't. I feel like I should?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By Milkman

@evanbower said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I get why some people might dislike Patrick, cause after the whole you know what thing (lets not bring it up), I'm not his biggest fan. But hate? And disliking a video just because it's Patrick? Yeah that's just fucking stupid and immature. From the comments, It's actually the sarcastic dudes that pissed me off the most. You know who you are, on the internet it's acceptable, in real life you'd get weird looks. Stop being an asshole.

I assume he's talking about the #1reasonwhy article, in which case, if that article made you dislike Patrick then that should probably tell you more about yourself than Patrick.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By EVO

@Mrsignerman44 said:

With that said, putting Slender in your top 10 list is a bad decision.

Why? There's been few games this year more engaging than Slender.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Christoffer

@MikeJFlick said:

@Christoffer: Nope, because that would be your opinion, not everyone has the same opinion, which is why some things are popular and some things are not.

But my opinions about you personally wouldn't have anything to do about the topic at hand. In fact, I would probably just say those things to push you down and make your opinions less valid. Or at least make you feel bad so that you give up the discussion.

That's the problem here. People think every opinion fits in every discussion which is childish, at best.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#112  Edited By evanbower

@Milkman said:

@evanbower said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I assume he's talking about the #1reasonwhy article, in which case, if that article made you dislike Patrick then that should probably tell you more about yourself than Patrick.

Ohhhhhh, pffffft. Yeah, exactly. I don't see at all how that article could result in dislike.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MikeJFlick

@Christoffer: The fact that you're trying to argue about opinions is the problem.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#114  Edited By ghost_cat

@familyphotoshoot said:

Patrick is an adult and doesn't need you to defend him on the Internet.

Stop posting about this shit.

I agree with this. Everyone knows that Patrick has an unpopular corner, but that doesn't mean he can't handle it himself. The community getting defensive was nice at first, but Patrick and everyone else can take the petty Internet bullshit on their own now.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Ares42

You know how everyone says "if you don't like it, stop watching it" ? Guess what, they did. So you started seeing less of the complaints on Patrick content. However, something like a GOTY list is something people will check out anyways. People didn't stop disliking Patrick, they just stopped paying attention to him.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116  Edited By JazGalaxy

@MikeJFlick said:

And some opinions are valid and others are not, which is why things like debate exist.

Some game reviewers base their entire scores on playing a game for 30 minutes.

Are their "opinions" just as valid as someone who played though the entire game? I would think not.

I once had to write a rebuttal forum thread to Jeff's Double Dragon Neon quicklook because he made a ton of statements that I felt were inaccurate and was basing his dislike of the game on the impression that the developers didn't stick to the original material enough when in reality they almost lifted the entire game pixel by pixel from the earlier Double Dragon games.

If Jeff allowed to have an opinion that says the developers of a game didn't do what, in reality, they went out of their way to do?

Patrick frequently makes statements that those in the listening audience find to be inaccurate or untrue. The lack of a direct ability to debate with him causes them to have to simply swallow their rebuttals which makes for a general dislike of Patrick himself. It's not fair, but that's the internet.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Christoffer

@MikeJFlick said:

@Christoffer: The fact that you're trying to argue about opinions is the problem.

What argument isn't about opinions? Do you often argue over absolute truths?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118  Edited By DystopiaX

@Ghost_Cat said:

@familyphotoshoot said:

Patrick is an adult and doesn't need you to defend him on the Internet.

Stop posting about this shit.

I agree with this. Everyone knows that Patrick has an unpopular corner, but that doesn't mean he can't handle it himself. The community getting defensive was nice at first, but Patrick and everyone else can take the petty Internet bullshit on their own now.

yeah. Honestly at this point I think the community cares more about Patrick hate than Patrick.

kornnugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By kornnugget

Patrick has unique views and is always digging up some off the wall game to talk about. It’s refreshing and adds a little off the wall balance to the GB crew. I don't get how people can get mad at his list of Top 10 games. It’s what he had fun playing this year. So what if he really enjoyed Slender, to him it was a fun game. I am sure if I posted my Top 10 games of the year on YouTube I would have nothing but hate messages below the video. I think the real hate comes from jealousy that Patrick works at GB and the haters don't.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#120  Edited By JoeyRavn

I use YouTube Options for Chrome. It hides the comments on every video by default. Much, much better.

I don't care if you're a GB user or one of the so-called "YouTubers": if you're commenting on YouTube, I will always assume you're a dipshit.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By jerseyscum

Patrick's a good duder. Some people on the site might disagree with his articles or views, but I never got the sense that Patrick was a phony. That alone earns my respect.

I also love the little guy's articles and Patrick does have a nose for games I might have overlooked. He sure as hell sold me on Hotline Miami.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

My list is way different but he had different tastes of games than me. Weird right?

HellknightLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#123  Edited By HellknightLeon

I like the guy.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By abendlaender

Youtube is basically the Mos Eisley of the "safe" part of the internet. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By joshthebear

Of course, the second Patrick says anything, the Patrick hatetrain comes rolling in. It's fucking childish and completely dumb that such a minority can be so goddamn loud.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

stay classy Giant Bomb

kornnugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By kornnugget

@Bourbon_Warrior: @Bourbon_Warrior said:

My list is way different but he had different tastes of games than me. Weird right?

WHAT YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT LIST! RAGE!!!!

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By PolygonSlayer

@thabigred said:

I recommend people use this. It makes being on youtube a much better experience.

This really is the best thing since sliced bread! Thank you! :D

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Canteu

I don't mind so much spoilers in GOTY casts. It was the cast where they talked about ME3 for an hour. I skipped past it, then randomly while talking about another topic entirely, Patrick spoiled the ME3 ending again. On a different topic, when they had already discussed it.

I'd skipped this section so i wouldn't hear it. Thanks Pat.

edit: I like Patrick, and his top 10 list was fine.

kornnugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By kornnugget

@Canteu said:

I don't mind so much spoilers in GOTY casts. It was the cast where they talked about ME3 for an hour. I skipped past it, then randomly while talking about another topic entirely, Patrick spoiled the ME3 ending again. On a different topic, when they had already discussed it.

I'd skipped this section so i wouldn't hear it. Thanks Pat.

edit: I like Patrick, and his top 10 list was fine.

That sucks man. Same thing happened to me.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#131  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I'm locking this for two reasons:

Firstly - youtube comments? Seriously? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Secondly - people creating threads about "Patrick Hate" (or any other member of staff for that matter), regardless of whether they are for or against it, merely acknowledge that there is a discussion to be had there and, in doing so, prolong it. There is no discussion; Patrick is part of the Giant Bomb family and he's not going anywhere. If you have a problem with that then you just need to learn to deal with it.