Any advice on how to finish Outer Wilds? (SPOILERS)

BaeWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BaeWest

Possible minor spoilers below:

I know what to do. I can get the warp core and get to the final planet (purposely left vague) no problem (aside from the occasional, inevitable, frustrating physics mishap). I know where to go on this planet, but either I inevitably go too quickly and get eaten or too slowly and die a fiery heat death before I get to my end destination. I have been attempting to finish this game 3 or 4 times each night for the past several weeks.

Everyone talks about the ending as being transcendent and I want to play it rather than watch it. I am getting extremely frustrated trying to see this ending for myself. I play and beat notoriously hard games without too much fuss. I am only half-joking when I say this may be the hardest game I have ever played.

Any killer suggestions for helping me through this section?

heartofalion28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By heartofalion28

Honestly if you have a rough idea of what to do I would use a walkthrough to help you along. I did myself for the very end while trying to avoid spoilers (which wasnt hard at the time) and still really enjoyed the ending. So maybe try and find some written walkthrough of where you are getting stuck and see if they have any suggestions.

There are some shortcuts for getting to places to help give you more time. Unfortunately I finished this back in july i think so I can't exactly remember what to do. But yea, don't feel bad leaning on a walkthrough, its worth it to get to the end of the game.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just completed the game around new years. the roughest patch for me was dealing with the fish. but my basic order of operations was (SPOILERS, obvi):

-head to the sandy place, park the ship just off the equatorial axis near the twin towers and wait for the first warp

-get the thing, then auto pilot the ship to the fish

-once inside the fish planet get to the mothership via the same technique used to get there initially (beacon in the seed near the escape pod). the key for me was totally going silent/just drifting in the area with multiple fish...inertia will pretty much carry you all the way to the eggs, at which point you can book it to the ship

once at the ship ot should be straight forward... maybe take a picture of the warp coordinates to have those handy.

paleowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just completed the game around new years. the roughest patch for me was dealing with the fish. but my basic order of operations was (SPOILERS, obvi):

-head to the sandy place, park the ship just off the equatorial axis near the twin towers and wait for the first warp

-get the thing, then auto pilot the ship to the fish

-once inside the fish planet get to the mothership via the same technique used to get there initially (beacon in the seed near the escape pod). the key for me was totally going silent/just drifting in the area with multiple fish...inertia will pretty much carry you all the way to the eggs, at which point you can book it to the ship

once at the ship ot should be straight forward... maybe take a picture of the warp coordinates to have those handy.

The coords will be on the bottom left for you to see as long as you have learned about them in your play through

DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have been to the vessel already as well you can mark it with the computer on your ship and it will mark each seed the signal is coming from.

llyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you go through the red dot you don't need to touch the controller. Just drift for a bit. Once you have a bit of space just tilt the controller veeeeerryy slightly and watch the dashboard of your ship, you will see it move and you will get some thrust, you can do this without even 1 light showing up on your velocity meter thingy. It's safe to do this and you will build up speed fast.

Also I assume you are getting the core early enough, think it's about 8 minutes into the cycle you can get in.