Any decent strategy games you'd recomment?

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By _Nuno_

Hey. I'm kinda tired of Company of Heroes, and I don't really like the Dawn of War franchise. Also I've burned out on the total war games, and for some reason cannot run Age of Empires Online on my computer (might be related to the GFWL ports but I don't like opening up ports). I don't really care for turn based strategy so Hearts of Iron and Civ are out of the question. If you have a strategy game you really like that isn't one of these, please let me know would you? Preferably one that's available on Steam. I know it's a tall order with all of these conditions but feel free to recommend away.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By amomjc

Well since you didn't state you play it or to not include it, try out Starcraft II. You can play the Starter Pack for free from Battle.net and really try it out before shelling out the money. I will say that I am an extremely addicted SC2 PVP player, but the depth of the mods and custom games that you can play with others is astounding.

The only other RTS I really think is worth mentioning is C&C RA2, I loved that game even though not everyone in the world did.

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Nuno_

@csoup: Yeah, I loved RA2 aswell, and SC2 just slipped my mind actually but I'll go and check it out. Thanks =)

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jelekeloy
@csoup said:

Well since you didn't state you play it or to not include it, try out Starcraft II. You can play the Starter Pack for free from Battle.net and really try it out before shelling out the money. I will say that I am an extremely addicted SC2 PVP player, but the depth of the mods and custom games that you can play with others is astounding.

The only other RTS I really think is worth mentioning is C&C RA2, I loved that game even though not everyone in the world did.

Starcraft 2.
amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By amomjc

@_Nuno_ said:

@csoup: Yeah, I loved RA2 aswell, and SC2 just slipped my mind actually but I'll go and check it out. Thanks =)

Let me know if you enjoy it as I get on at least once a day if I can and we can get some games together. I am always looking for people to play with, especially from the GB community. Add me (csoup) on Battle.net :)

bakumatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By bakumatsu

Well you have both Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends. They're not on steam and I know they look kinda dated but I think they're still fun to play. Also Starcraft II if you're into it.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By big_jon

CnC 3

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JoeyRavn

Anno 1404 (aka Dawn of Discovery)? It's more geared towards economic development, but it's a great game.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dingofighter

Other than the obvious SC2, World in Conflict maybe?

I remember that being kinda fun, actually, I think I might install it again now.

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Nuno_

@csoup: I can't seem to find where the Strater Pack stuff is. I've created an account and It asked me if I wanted a free WOW trial, but no SC2 trial... I'll try to add you though.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By amomjc

@_Nuno_ said:

@csoup: I can't seem to find where the Strater Pack stuff is. I've created an account and It asked me if I wanted a free WOW trial, but no SC2 trial... I'll try to add you though.

Odd, I have a box in my queue that says "Starcraft II: Starter Edition," wonder why you don't have it? O.o

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By _Nuno_

@csoup: Found it! Downloading now.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Battlezone.

beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By beckley205

LotR BFME 2 on the Xbox if you have one Empire Earth if you want a Real Time civ building game

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

Spellforce 2. Join the 10s of people who've played this game.

Avatar image for callofspartansofwar1337
CallofSpartansofWar1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

halo wars is pretty good and probablky cheap if u look for it in store! i like it alot buut i also rrly like halo lol

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Nuno_

@L1GHTN1N: My beef with the dawn of war franchise is because of the weird things the demos did to my computer. It overheated constantly!

I tried Sins of a SE and liked it for awhile, but it made for really long games and I was looking for something that's snappier. Stronghold I've played in the past. I'll look up Frozen Sinapse.

@beckley205: Played both but was constantly annoyed at the slow movement of the units in BFME and as for EE, it's an ok game but i like rise of nations more.

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Nuno_

@csoup: Hey, I'm trying to add you but it's asking me for a character code or bnet mail adress.

TheWyotee93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By TheWyotee93

Have you played Civ 5? I never liked turn based strategy until Civ IV and V. Maybe give it a try? 

I think there's a demo on steam so you can see if you like it.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShockD

StarCraft 2 is the correct answer.