Any ETA on the latest Power Bombcast about Survivor Series and with Drew?

Avatar image for deactivated-5914a274b1bcf
deactivated-5914a274b1bcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Survivor Series happened this past Sunday and the guys mentioned they would do a new Power Bombcast with Drew (since Dan did an Alt F1 podcast while Drew was gone). I was really looking forward to listening to this, but there's been nothing so far. Is the delay due to the holidays? If so, is it reasonable to expect the episode this coming week?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did enough things happen at Survivor Series to warrant a podcast?

Avatar image for deactivated-5914a274b1bcf
deactivated-5914a274b1bcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: Ha, to be honest the biggest reason I want this to happen is solely to hear Drew review/talk about a wrestling PPV.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@rawfanboy101 said:

@hunkulese: Ha, to be honest the biggest reason I want this to happen is solely to hear Drew review/talk about a wrestling PPV.

Yeah, after Dan's foray into F1, I absolutely need to hear Drew's analysis of wrestling.

Fish out of water podcasts = best podcasts.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rawfanboy101: The soonest you can expect the next Bombcast I think is when Alex, Austin and Dan are in California for the GotY discussions. That's just the easiest way of getting people together. Scheduling though will probably still be tough, considering they're doing their GotY stuff then...

Anyway, I would be perfectly happy if Drew just scanned the notes he took during Survivor Series and put them online.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By turboman

Hopefully never because WWE is incredibly stale right now. The beginning of the year would be the best to get back into because that's when Royal Rumble is, that's when NJPW's WrestleKingdom is, and that's when Lucha Underground Season 2 begins (which is a show that I honestly think Drew would get into if he watched it)

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Drew has to watch a full WWE PPV, they shouldn't waste it with recent stuff and just watch an old classic one.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

The GBeast guys are coming over in the next fortnight so I imagine they're waiting until they can all be in the same room to record it.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sheamus is champ, Reigns' push continues, Rollins/Cesaro/Orton/others are injured (with a lot of popular wrestlers scheduled to miss WM32), Diva's division survive the NXT call-ups to continue to be horrible, WWE makes Flair's son's death a storyline... the list goes on. The Powerbomb crew has more than enough content to complain about in a single podcast. I would love to hear them crap on all of it while Drew constantly asks why they repeatedly subject themselves to it.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By peacebrother

Man, of all the times for someone to drop in on the WWE...

It's exceptionally terrible right now, and someone new to it wouldn't really appreciate that the matches are still ok anything about it.

So it should be a pretty great podcast.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Looks like another 4 to 5 month break for them. I don't care if the product sucks, I just want to her them talk/bitch about the product. If they don't want to do it monthly, fine, but stick to a consistent schedule please.

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't watch wrestling anymore, and haven't for years, but I do love hearing them talk about it. I hope there is a new episode soon, seems like it's been awhile. I'm not gonna hold my breath though, I know end of the year stuff starts on Monday. Maybe we'll get a early 2016 episode.

randombullseye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By randombullseye

I subscribed to listen to Powerbombcast. I wish there was more than the handful we got this year, I am dissatisfied with how many Powerbombcast's there have been, but I liked when they actually recorded them. They should have some kind of schedule.

Maybe with their new podcast room they'll commit to producing more wrestling content.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I know giancarlo doesn't work at Gamespot...but couldn't he still be on the podcast?

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@sammo21: If he wanted to (and wasn't contractually obligated not to go on some podcast from a megacorp like CBS), he absolutely could. Dan was on before he worked at GB, and Jared has worked numerous gigs that aren't CBS.