Any remakes you would like to see in the future?

• 63 results
jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jamesyfx

I would appreciate a remake/remaster of Chrono Cross, purely because it never had a UK release.. and would like to experience it with updated graphics and some quality-of-life improvements someday.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamesyfx I'd love to see a Chrono Cross remake if they just would just up-res the backgrounds and models and maybe fix some translation issues. If they took the FFVII remake route and completely re-did the world design to be 3D I would lose all interest. I gotta have that gorgeous background artwork. And no voice work please.

I'd like to see an HD re-release of Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. I think SM64 holds up really well today, except for the awkward N64 analog stick and some bad camera issues. I'd play through it again in a heartbeat. Ocarina of Time holds up really well also, but the textures and models are an eyesore. The 3D version looks a bit better, but I'd like to see a true HD update. While we're updating N64 games, throw in Star Fox 64 too.

gornogorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can imagine a pretty cool Front Mission remake

Arcitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By Arcitee

Every JRPG of note from 1990-2000 re-released with slightly polished graphics and with features like double or triple speed and turn random battles on and off. Basically give every SNES and PS1 RPG the same treatment FF7HD and FF8HD got.

tfarcevol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link and Castlevania 2 Simon's quest.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@humanity said:

Enough time has passed that I wouldn't mind seeing another Alone in the Dark attempt.

Ooh this is good! That last attempt with the hybrid first-person/third-person camera and physically based inventory with real-time crafting was a very cool idea, especially in the skeleton of a horror game. It would be really awesome to see another crack a the series with a similarly galaxy-brained design philosophy, if not the exact mechanics.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire because why not? I have a lot of found memories of that game and I know for a fact there is no way that game holds up today, it would be ripe for a full on graphics and gameplay overhaul if Disney didn't want to pretend Star Wars didn't exist before they bought it.

What I REALLY want is just to have all the mainline Silent Hill games and MGS games collected together and on Steam, just give me decent controller support and that's all I need. Ditto for RE1-3 and CVX, I like the remakes a lot but I would really like to have the originals too.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I would love to see Chrono Trigger get the FF7 Remake treatment.

I mean, you watch that Ratchet & Clank footage and you can't help but dream...radically, even...

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanity said:

Diablo 2 is my unicorn remake, seems its engine makes that one a bitch though.

Careful what you wish for, just see what they did to Warcraft 3.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot said:

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire because why not? I have a lot of found memories of that game and I know for a fact there is no way that game holds up today, it would be ripe for a full on graphics and gameplay overhaul if Disney didn't want to pretend Star Wars didn't exist before they bought it.

They didn't only pretend it didn't exist they straight up said it was non canon.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By MoonlightMoth

Arx Fatalis, the Shadow Hearts series and I can't deny wanting a Bayonetta/DMC quality remake of Bloodrayne.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@arcitee said:

Every JRPG of note from 1990-2000 re-released with slightly polished graphics and with features like double or triple speed and turn random battles on and off. Basically give every SNES and PS1 RPG the same treatment FF7HD and FF8HD got.

I agree with this sentiment although these would be more in the 'remasters' category and not 'remakes'. When it comes to that era of JRPGs I think there's so much wonderful 2D sprite work that these games are better off being preserved in versions that include faster loading, cleaner art assets, and various debug options.

Tom_Scherschel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parasite Eve. The recent Resident Evil remakes are a great template in how to re-make and expand this style of game.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stubbs the Zombie! The recent Destroy All Humans remake is a testament to the merit to upgrading early 2000s b-games with modern visuals and controls.

While I also desire new IP, I have no issue with old games becoming readily available and easier to play (and in some cases, even improved by the remake treatment).