Any sort of games that you've played during Halloween 2021?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Happy Halloween to all gamers in Giant Bomb forums!

The game I've played during Halloween is Distance by Refract Studios, where I set the menu screen to Halloween which gives me some frightening vibes and I've played through official or user-made Halloween themed tracks and stunt arenas.

So this indie game is originally appeared to be inspired by Midway's San Francisco Rush 2049 and Disney's Tron, due to the gameplay, driving model and setting similarities.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Started Fatal Frame: Maiden of the Black Water, first Fatal Frame game i've played since I missed out on the series back in it's heyday.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By AV_Gamer

Played both the Destiny 2 and Black Ops Cold War Zombies Halloween events. And I'm replaying Luigi's Manson 3, arguably the best first party game released on the Switch.

PIZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started Undernauts tonight. It's a dungeon crawler that just came out on the PS4 and Switch. The beginning of the game starts with the main character paralyzed as he watches his companions being eaten by a little girl.

Avatar image for catchingsignals
CatchingSignals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inscryption! It's spooky and cool!

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inscryption! It's spooky and cool!

I just finished that game. So good. I've never really thought of myself as a big fan of card battle games (never got into Hearthstone or any other multiplayer focused ones), but did really like both this and Thronebreaker (the Gwent single player game), so maybe I like the genre more than I realize.

Avatar image for catchingsignals
CatchingSignals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: I'm not done yet. But the early parts of this game made me ask myself the same thing. I really like the combo of 1. modifiers you can apply through out a run and 2. a pretty simple and elegant card system that I could get a grasp on pretty quickly. Everything outside of the card stuff was really why I got interested in this but maybe I'll go and checkout Thronebreaker and see if it scratches the same itch.

bodger0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bodger0ne

With a 5yr old wandering about, I couldn't play anything too scary, so got through a few levels of Luigi's Mansion 3, after seeing the newly announce Luigi sets for Lego Super Mario that my kids obsessed with

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided

There is a "safe mode" option that allows you play it even if you are squeamish...

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By BladeOfCreation

I committed to only playing spooky games (other than my weekly co-op) games for the month. I didn't get through as much as I would've liked, but I did get through the first Dead Space. It really holds up. Great game. I also played Phasmophobia for the first time, which was a lot of fun.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s not really related but it just sort of happened around Halloween and is vaguely thematic but I’ve been playing Days Gone on PS5.

And honestly? I feel kind of bad for shitting on how tired it seemed at the time because it’s pretty fuckin’ solid.