• 105 results
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Gabriel

I may be a minority here but I personally think TNT is boring as hell. I can never get more than about 15 minutes in before I turn it off, it just doesn't do it for me. I have a similar problem with the Screening room. I was watching the Rock and just got fed up and turned Alex and Matt off and had an extremely better experience that didn't include Matt Rorie pointing out that Micheal Bay was racist.  Anybody else feel this way?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

No, I liked both of those live streams. Both are real fun to watch.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Synthballs

I feel the same way about the Bombcast, Quicklooks and the Endurance run.

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Jimbo7676

Nope, I love just about any content that puts GB members on a screen and/or on a mic. The Reach TNT was made awesome because of Vinny's video skills. I haven't seen any of the screening room stuff so I can't comment on that. I'll admit that just watching Drew play regular Halo while no one is joking around or Brodyquest isn't on the screen can be boring.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mylifeforAiur

It gets kind of boring when they have no guests (Norm, Will). Also, I can't watch the Screening Room, it's too awkward, the camera just sits there, watching them................. O0

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ch13696

Yeah I find it boring as well. And in my opinion, biased. I am not speaking for anyone else here when I say that I've noticed that there's more 360 and some PC exclusive TNT's.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Insectecutor
@Gabriel:  Yeah I can see that. I guess you have to be into the game they're playing, or playing along. I did enjoy the quake one, though, just because of their massive enthusiasm and my own nostalgia.
Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jimbo7676
@Synthballs said:
" I feel the same way about the Bombcast, Quicklooks and the Endurance run. "
Why are you here then? That's the best content that GB provides really. You must really like the community or something because this website should suck to you otherwise.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By meteora

Sometimes, it depends on the game. Halo Reach's TNT was great thanks to Vinny's shenanigans. StarCraft II was also pretty good. 

Generally it becomes a better experience if you play on TNT and listen to it in the background while doing so.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gabriel
@Meteora said:
" Sometimes, it depends on the game. Halo Reach's TNT was great thanks to Vinny's shenanigans. StarCraft II was also pretty good.  Generally it becomes a better experience if you play on TNT and listen to it in the background while doing so. "
Did you change your alignment? 
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Meteora said:

" Sometimes, it depends on the game. Halo Reach's TNT was great thanks to Vinny's shenanigans. StarCraft II was also pretty good.  Generally it becomes a better experience if you play on TNT and listen to it in the background while doing so. "

Playing the final match was fucking crazy and dumb (nobody gave a shit about the bombs). I fucking pummeled blue team at the last match with the revenant.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By zeforgotten

I would love to be a part of the games they're playing at TNT but I am perfectly fine with watching it too.  
The Reach one was funny especially when I went to fullscreen after the "chat" reached 300+ people

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By MisterMouse

I generally am fine with the TNT, and I am fine when it is just the Giant Bomb Staff, what I do do though is if I have no interest in the game I just dont watch the TNT because it doesnt interest me.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ThePickle

Depends. Halo Reach was amazing, and Bad Company 2 was hilarious. 

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By meteora
@Gabriel said: 

@Meteora said: 

Did you change your alignment?  "
Yes. Blue is a cool colour. :3     

@Prolix: Then why are you still doing here?
FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By FinalDasa

Congrats. 
You have an opinion. 

BUCK3TM4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BUCK3TM4N

the last TNT sucked but it depends on what game or subject it is on

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ninjakiller

Seriously, they over-edit movies and the only other programming on that network are Law & Order episodes from 15 years ago.  

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dany
@ninjakiller said:
" Seriously, they over-edit movies and the only other programming on that network are Law & Order episodes from 15 years ago.   "
Yeah, the editing for tnt this week over overdone
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By zidd
@Meteora said:
" Generally it becomes a better experience if you play on TNT and listen to it in the background while doing so. "
This is fact. The Quake TNT was easily my favorite because I got to participate. and the player cap shenanigans at the end were good too.
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By scarace360

i like them. There great.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By one_2nd
@Synthballs said:
quicklooks are amazing.
Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cynical_M

Depends on the game for me.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ToxicFruit

nope loved them all

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By meteora
@Zidd: I never got to participate in TNT; but I had participated in Star Trek online before. Having a live stream of the game while playing alongside with Jeff at the end of the beta was epic.
dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#26  Edited By dudacles

I love TNT, but the Screening Room doesn't really do it for. Particularly because it requires you to put the movie on yourself and then synch it up with what they're saying. I think they ought to try and actually broadcast the movie itself (though legal issues likely get in the way there) to make it somewhat accessible for users.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zidd
@Meteora: Have you tried to play in other TNTs? I tried to play in the SSFIV one but they always start from the top of the list. When they said they were starting at the bottom of the list(Where my PSN ID was) they started with the guy above me...
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gabriel
@Zidd said:
" @Meteora: Have you tried to play in other TNTs? I tried to play in the SSFIV one but they always start from the top of the list. When they said they were starting at the bottom of the list(Where my PSN ID was) they started with the guy above me... "
That really irked me during the Mortal Kombat one, they went in Alphabetical order. No way they were getting to the back half of the list.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Branthog

Nobody is forcing you to watch it. If you don't care about the game, it'll probably bore the shit out of you. If you are a big fan of the game or at least interested in it, you'll probably want to watch it. Or if you just like to sit around watching a video of dudes sucking at games. They're doing things other outlets simply aren't and it's a great way to reach out to and interact with the Giant Bomb community. The only negative I see is that it could be more compelling if they gave a damn about playing and weren't just going through the motions -- but I'm not sure how you'd rectify that.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#30  Edited By LordAndrew
@Jimbo7676 said:
" @Synthballs said:
Why are you here then? That's the best content that GB provides really. You must really like the community or something because this website should suck to you otherwise. "
There are plenty of other totally valid reasons. Content from the editorial staff makes up only a small portion of what this site has to offer.
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zidd
@Gabriel: Thats why i liked the way they did the quake one because it was pretty much a gigantic free for all with no alphabetical discrimination.
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CastroCasper

I never really liked any live stream. I guess I just would rather have a video on Giant Bomb that I can watch whenever, as opposed to during a set time or having to go to Justin Tv or whatever.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Brendan
@LordAndrew said:
" @Jimbo7676 said:
" @Synthballs said:
Why are you here then? That's the best content that GB provides really. You must really like the community or something because this website should suck to you otherwise. "
There are plenty of other totally valid reasons. Content from the editorial staff makes up only a small portion of what this site has to offer. "

Like what?  Other than what was mentioned above, you would only come here for trailers and news from the b-team.  You can find better versions of that stuff on other sites.  If you don't like any staff content, than this site is pointless.
Avatar image for radicalbigdaddy
RadicalBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RadicalBigDaddy

The Screening Room can also be difficult b/c the stream is not always stable and making sure you are sync'ed with the movie can be a challenge.  TNT is always dependent on whether I like the game or not.  Never played Halo and don't plan to start now so I wasn't that interested this week.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JerichoBlyth

I thought this thread was about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but then I realised that I must be dyslexic.

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36  Edited By commandercup
@Meteora said:
This. I usually play the game while watching/listening although I do admit that it can get dry if you're just watching (although it's usually still a blast).
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37  Edited By damnboyadvance

I've never watched it. I just don't care for it, so I guess I don't like it.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BulletproofMonk
@Brendan: Well how about the community and the wiki? Those things are totally pointless now?
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GunnBjorn

I truly like it. Unfortunately, I can't watch it live, because it's broadcasted at 01:00 AM in my timezone (The Netherlands) and I have to work the very next morning at 08:00 AM. I prefer a good night's sleep over sleep deprivation, thank you.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By Hamst3r

Watching live game playing is boring, especially multiplayer shooters as they're incredibly repetitive. I mainly just show up to chat. The best TNT so far has been Starcraft 2. I wanna see more non-shooter TNTs like that. Or, a highlight reel of a TNT put up later.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Djeffers03

Really depends what game they play for example the Mortal kombat one was boring as hell for me but the Bad company 2 TNT was fucking hilarious.

pisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pisk

Halo: Reach TNT was great because Drew is good at Halo and Vinny made me laught with his live editing.

Kiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kiro

I never watch it live, it airs at 1AM and goes on until 3PM here in Europe. Way too late for me. I enjoy watching the replay though

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

To me TNT depends on the game I tend to prefer the non first person shooter ones.

ooochoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ooochoa

Because of the timing I've only seen a couples of TNTs but I really enjoyed the ones i've seen.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HandsomeDead

When it's a game I like or am interested in, I like it. Quake, Starcraft II and Halo were great, but I didn't like MKIII.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Raymayne

Nope it's fun.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By huntad
@Gabriel:  Yes, but don't tell anyone. Shhhh...
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#49  Edited By citizenkane

If you don't like TNT after this week's Halo: Reach, then I don't think I can help you.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By ch13696
@OllyOxenFree said:
" @Synthballs said:
@Prolix said:
" @Synthballs said:
This.  Kinda sad how Giant Bomb and WM guilt's people into paying for subscriptions.  They are worse than Gamespot.  "
WHY ARE YOU GUYS STILL HERE? "
Maybe because they like the community? That's why I'm here. I don't care about anything else Whiskey Media.