Anybody Good with Remixing VideoGame Music?

ihateyouron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I'm in the process of working on a video involving the classic Sega Genesis game Fatal Labyrinth. I'm aiming for format that is similar to the A Life Well Wasted podcast, except with a focus on one particular game, and a heavy emphasis on video game music. So now that you've heard my basic elevator pitch, here is my dilemma, Fatal Labyrinth's soundtrack is incredibly dull and repetitive. While I do want to showcase the music and poke fun at what I consider to be a charmingly terrible game, I think that with only 7 tracks on the OST it would get kind of monotonous over the course of a 20-25 minute video.

Apparently I'm the only one who finds this game entertaining, there is surprisingly little information about this game on the internet, and there are no remixes available on OCremix.org. So, and I hope this is not considered "soliciting", I was hoping I might find some talented individuals with enough free time on their hands to remix some of the music from this game to add some variety to the audio portion of my video.

Here's a link to a playlist consisting of the game's full soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOLKjPt7e10&list=PL73D27DAED833B586

And if you're the type who refuses to click links here are a few embedded tracks.

Also, I'm really interested in hearing from anybody who has played this game or has memories of playing it as a child. If you have some sweet knowledge you can drop on me, it'd be much appreciated. I would prefer to get some actual soundbites of individuals actually talking about it (so if you're interested please message me), if that's not your jam still feel free to post your experiences here in this thread.

Hopefully this is the appropriate forum for this kind of thing, I've also posted something similar on the OCremix forums. I'm trying to cast as wide a net as possible.