#1 Posted by Josh9989 (34 posts) -

Games are no longer split between two or more different platforms in this forum. In a podcast I did recently I said that is the main reason flame wars erupt (FFXIII really sparked it off), like what jeff said about people saying which plaform is better (in his intro to the site post). It was stupid on some boards having  a thousand different sections for the same game, if everyone is playing the same, why can't they all talk about it. Thats why I really like the way this place is set up, much more like a 'community'.

#2 Posted by DirrtyNinja (724 posts) -

Altho what i am about to say does not really pertain to this post i have an overwhelming desire to get this off my chest. I hate the FF series. Wow i feel much better now.

#3 Posted by Batman (1018 posts) -

Yeah it was annoying.  You could maybe miss some new info or cool glitches if you didn't visit each platform's board.

#4 Posted by Schizoid (1121 posts) -

It is pretty nice the way it's set up, but I guarantee some people will decide to make a topic saying "omg (insert platform here) sux!" or something similar.

#5 Posted by PinkElephant (130 posts) -

I like that about the new pages too. All the info's in one centralized location. I wonder how it'll work with reviews when there isn't a simultaneous release. I guess there'll just be two reviews on the page.

#6 Posted by Locke (335 posts) -
DirrtyNinja said:
"Altho what i am about to say does not really pertain to this post i have an overwhelming desire to get this off my chest. I hate the FF series. Wow i feel much better now.
"
lol, Maybe you should write a hate filled review. Or go Wiki-crazy.
#7 Posted by LouChou (491 posts) -

Final Fantasy is funded by Locke said:

"DirrtyNinja said:
"Altho what i am about to say does not really pertain to this post i have an overwhelming desire to get this off my chest. I hate the FF series. Wow i feel much better now.
"
lol, Maybe you should write a hate filled review. Or go Wiki-crazy."
Final Fantasy hates black people.
#8 Posted by SarazinRuin (161 posts) -

I like it better like this.

#9 Posted by coakroach (2498 posts) -

System wars is fun stuff

#10 Posted by Termite (2428 posts) -

Flame wars hurt everyone involved, thus anything meant to prevent them is good.

And good things are good

So Jeff is good.

And I like good people.

Thus I like Jeff.

#11 Posted by Flexiable (105 posts) -

I think it's a much better idea, although people will probably have to flag up what system their playing it on because of any difference in game mechanics...so that could be a bit of a problem?

#12 Posted by Scizorz (80 posts) -

yeah great idea not segrgating via platform, games barely differ from platform and i suppose its fun to compare on the system wars side.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
#13 Posted by deactivated-5b4a512bb9699 (391 posts) -

I'm sure that it wont take long until we get mass flame wars over consoles but the lack of system wars is awesome

#14 Posted by xplodedd (1379 posts) -
Batman said:
"Yeah it was annoying.  You could maybe miss some new info or cool glitches if you didn't visit each platform's board.
"
i agree, it kind of steamlines everything down.
#15 Posted by Caje (139 posts) -

Definately. Most multi-platform games are almost identical on each system, so it makes everything much easier. Plus, the game forums would be more active since you have everyone posting in one spot.

#16 Posted by Funkyhamster (97 posts) -

I think this is better; maybe for big-ticket games it's fine, but for older and lesser known games, having it divided into platforms causes problems.

#17 Posted by Homer (1366 posts) -
Termite said:
"Flame wars hurt everyone involved, thus anything meant to prevent them is good.

And good things are good

So Jeff is good.

And I like good people.

Thus I like Jeff.

"

Lol