Anyone care to suggest MMO's

GGwellplayed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GGwellplayed

I need some suggestions for MMO's for mobile devices or pc, if you don't mind!

Be like: mobile strike, hearthstone, order & chaos...

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like hearthstone, wouldn't you just play WoW - the game it's based on?

Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Jinoru

Hearthstone isn't an mmo? are you looking for just mobile centric online games or an actual MMO?

The first thing that comes to mind to recommend is Guild Wars 1.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hearthstone is a card game, and mobile strike is tower defense....

In all honesty if you do like mobile tower defense games, the Kingdom Rush games are pretty great.

If you like the characters of Hearthstone, WoW is your game.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Star Wars TOR is pretty decent and you can get started for free (although you'll probably want to pop for a monthly sub to unlock enough stuff to make your gameplay non-aggravating).

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By solidwolf52
@rorie said:

Star Wars TOR is pretty decent and you can get started for free (although you'll probably want to pop for a monthly sub to unlock enough stuff to make your gameplay non-aggravating).

Seconded, been having a lot of fun playing the story in this lately. I started playing again a few weeks ago after not playing since launch. They've done a lot of stream-lining that reduces the grind and makes the game a more enjoyable experience. Amazon has a good bundle that comes with a bunch of game time and monopoly money if you decide to commit to the game.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rorie said:

Seconded, been having a lot of fun playing the story in this lately. I started playing again a few weeks ago after not playing since launch. They've done a lot of stream-lining that reduces the grind and makes the game a more enjoyable experience. Amazon has a good bundle that comes with a bunch of game time and monopoly money if you decide to commit to the game.

Even just dropping five bucks to buy the lowest amount of Cartel Coins (SWTOR's in-game currency used to buy unlocks among other things locked for free-to-play users) will give you a Preferred status which unlocks some stuff that FTP status doesn't get (bank slots, money cap raise, etc). I've been jumping back into SWTOR since The Force Awakens and even without playing the new expansions I'm having a blast playing through the base story mission for each class.

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new expansion in SWTOR is really good

KaDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guild Wars 2 is pretty solid still with more action-ey combat and great class/build design things, with max level progression mainly for looks instead of a gear treadmill.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I go off an on on SWTOR. I always get a bit bummed out by the performance issues the game has. Stuff that should have never been in the game in the first place that'll never get fixed. (My GF used to joke that her Sith Sorcerer used the dark side to make plants grow around her. The draw in is real nasty, even on the highest settings, and the frame rate on a 970 can get a lil chuggy from time to time.)

If you haven't done any of the stories though, it's worth it for that at the very least. I would sub for a month to see if you like it. I'd also suggest playing the Imperial Agent for the story. If you need a glow stick, I enjoyed the Sorcerer story as well.

I'd also look at Guild Wars 2. It's not really free to play, but it is free to demo, and the demo gets you all the way to level cap. If you like what you see, buy it. It also runs all right on my Surface Pro 3. I wouldn't raid or anything on it, but I can do some open world resource gathering.

If you're looking for an iPad game, I'm going to have to also recommend the Kingdom Rush series. It's not an MMO, but I've tried a few MMO's like Order and Chaos and they're just... really gimpy.

ominousbedroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seconding FFXIV. It's much more solid now, and with Heavensward expansion out, things are as active as ever. The community is pretty nice too, coming from someone who doesn't usually interact with them. I'm also not usually into fantasy storylines (they're usually lost on me because I find them kinda trudging) but I haven't felt that with XIV. The visuals/music are very solid too imo.

There's a 14-day trial available on Steam, if I recall correctly. I got pretty far in that time. Doesn't hurt to try if you're shopping around :)

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFXIV is pretty good

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Casepb

I've also been enjoying some SWTOR. If it's not actiony enough for you then maybe The Elder Scrolls Online may interest you.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF14 - good story and a fun world. Can play it with a controller as well (I use keyboard for chat). I'm on PS4 and I appreciate that they allow cross platform with PC players.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFXIV is pretty damn good now. May feel like a little bit of a grind at first, but you can really plow through the levels a 2nd time around. Also the story is pretty good -- especially considering it is mandatory to unlock content and the expansion.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I started playing Albion Online. Supports PCs, and tablets weirdly, if you've got a Runescape itch then this'll do the trick. It's gunna be F2P but is currently in closed beta with paid access starting at around £20.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If you're into martial arts, pretty graphics, boobs, tiny animal people or giant hunk men, then Blade and Soul NA/EU is (finally) releasing the 19th courtesy of NC Soft.

Oh and it's free and filled with hilariously bad English anime-esque dubbing.

Or you know, just play Warframe. It's actually really good, even better now after the Second Dream. The monetizing is real however and you quickly feel the pressure to spend some money.

Now for my succinct MMO list in no specific order:

• 1. WoW: It's old but kinda good. I don't play it anymore, and I have the Time-Lost Protodrake which people want to kill me for.
  • 2. FFXVI ARR: I don't know, couldn't get past the tremendously boring starter areas. I tried in its original release years ago, and I've tried recently due to the 14 day trial. Cute cat people though.
  • 3. TERA: Best combat system in a MMORPG ever. Too bad it's run by idiots who has only ever made it worse since its release.
  • 4. Blade & Soul: Voiced cutscenes, over the top martial arts action, a fluid combat system, Unreal 3 at its best. I've only played the beta and it looks amusing, which is good. I think.
  • 5. SWTOR: So I logged in and couldn't pick the race that looked less boring than the others since it wanted money to unlock it. So I picked one of the human races and jumped around for a bit. Found the jump to be unsatisfactory so I logged out and deleted/removed game.
  • 6. Elder Scrolls Online: Probably the least buggy Elder Scrolls game you'll find. The music is fantastic, the gameplay is unique, and the controller support is sublime.
  • 7. Guild Wars 2: So like, me and my wife logged in when it was released, fed fish to a bear cub.. for an hour.
  • 8. Wildstar: Comically wacky proportions ahoy! Arr, we're a sci-fi MMO like WoW, cept with space stuff and.. oh wait you run around in a desert for 10 hours, or a boring forest and we suck. Nevermind.
  • 9. Where is guest?
  • 10. The Secret World: If you can get past the awkward everything, this game is surprisingly good with lore that's actually cool and kind of unique to MMOs.
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Though the installation process isn't as straight forward as other MMOs: Phantasy Star Online 2.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By TheHT

The Secret World, The Old Republic, and FFXIV are probably the best current MMOs I've played.

Blade & Soul is coming out next week, and the little of the Japanese version I played was great. Actiony combat with smooth as fuck movement and animations and easily one of the best character creators.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The games you listed are not even close to being MMOs, so I have no idea what this post is about, but I will say I started up Lord of the Rings Online last weekend, and so far I have logged 23 hours in that game. It's fun. It feels like a classic MMO (because it IS a classic MMO, I guess). It feels good to play and looks surprisingly decent still.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By monkeyking1969
monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Facebook has this incredible MMO called Cow Clicker. You get to click a button once every five hours, but if you gather a bunch of your "friends" to play together, you can click more often.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

WoW
FF14
SWTOR

PS: The games you listed are not MMOs.

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFXIV!

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...I used to play Ragnarok Online back in the day. Its OLD school for an mmo...but it still exists.

I enjoyed my many years with WoW. FF14 is good too.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

FF14: A Realm Reborn.

It's the only MMO I've played and I really enjoyed it. I play it on my PS4 with a PS4 controller.