• 113 results
Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Leafhopper

Didn't even show anything else for DmC? I think they actually still get hatemail from DMC fanboys.

I guess they are waiting for E3 or so to show actual gameplay that Ninja Theory is cooking up for it.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

FUCK THOSE IDIOTS!

DMC, DMC3, and I guess DMC4 are the only ones that exist.  Shame they never made a DMC2.  Oh well.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Warfare

I don't find it funny at all.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By jacksukeru

Now that you mention it, that kinda bums me out. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get an awesome trailer in time for E3.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McGhee

A Dante possibly played by Andy Serkis actually has me interested in the series for the first time.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I never thought of that. I would love to see some DMC gameplay right about now.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho

You mean funny like when milk tastes funny?

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SuperWristBands

It shows how little I am looking forward to that game when I forgot that it even existed. And I really liked past DMC games too.

Oh well, every game they showed off has me excited.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By JJOR64

Ninja Theory did a good job with Enslaved, so my expectations for this game have gone up.  As long as the game is fun to play, I will just get over Dante's new look.

Gameplay > Every other aspect in a game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KaosAngel said:
" FUCK THOSE IDIOTS!DMC, DMC3, and I guess DMC4 are the only ones that exist.  Shame they never made a DMC2.  Oh well. "
Jeez dude, it's just a game.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel

I suspect Asura's Wrath might end up stealing away at least a portion of the DMC audience since it looks DMC crazy and doesn't feature a protagonist redesigned to look like the development lead.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I think after the back lash they want to show gameplay instead of more cutscenes and that would take some time.

Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Leafhopper
@JJOR64 said:

" Ninja Theory did a good job with Enslaved, so my expectations for this game have gone up.  As long as the game is fun to play, I will just get over Dante's new look.Gameplay > Every other aspect in a game. "

Well of course. Thats why I am hoping the next thing they show is game play to shut up the DMC fanboys that are only complaining about Dante's look.

@EveretteScott said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" FUCK THOSE IDIOTS!DMC, DMC3, and I guess DMC4 are the only ones that exist.  Shame they never made a DMC2.  Oh well. "
Jeez dude, it's just a game. "
People get mad.
Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Leafhopper
@ryanwho said:
" You mean funny like when milk tastes funny? "
The same exact kind.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mutha3

Ninja Theory.

Fucking Ninja Theory.

They don't need to show shit -- we already know it is.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel
@mutha3 said:
" Ninja Theory.Fucking Ninja Theory.They don't need to show shit -- we already know it is. "
In all seriousness, after the disappointment of Bionic Commando, Dark Void being rather lackluster, and the general sense that Keiji Inafune's pursuit of western game development backfiring (their only real western-developed success of recent note being a sequel to Dead Rising), I imagine that Capcom is watching Ninja Theory like a hawk at this point.
XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By XenoNick

*Raises hand* I will admit I'm one of the fanboys who hates the new Dante. Plus not liking Heavenly Sword I think this game could be a massive fucking let down. I don't think anything will sway me over into liking this. Even though DMC4 wasn't the best I'd take that over this at the moment.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By DeF
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" A Dante possibly played by Andy Serkis actually has me interested in the series for the first time. "
Ironically, I feel the same. I didn't care one bit about DMC before, but now that Ninja Theory - whose previous two games I love - is making one, I'm interested!
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ryanwho
@DeF said:
" @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" A Dante possibly played by Andy Serkis actually has me interested in the series for the first time. "
Ironically, I feel the same. I didn't care one bit about DMC before, but now that Ninja Theory - whose previous two games I love - is making one, I'm interested! "
That's not irony. Internet, please please learn what irony is.
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Undeadpool

Remember everyone: hair color and coat color matter far more than anything else, evidently 

Apparently a total badass

Apparently
Apparently "emo"
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@XenoNick said:
" *Raises hand* I will admit I'm one of the fanboys who hates the new Dante. Plus not liking Heavenly Sword I think this game could be a massive fucking let down. I don't think anything will sway me over into liking this. Even though DMC4 wasn't the best I'd take that over this at the moment. "
Is it a letdown when your expecting to hate it?
@Undeadpool said:
" Remember everyone:
THIS is, apparently, totally badass 

And THIS is
 And THIS is "emo shit"
"
I like old Dante more because I've actually seen what he has done and I liked him in 3&4.  I have no opinions on the new one yet.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hailinel
@Undeadpool:  That's not what people in this thread are arguing.  The redesign simply isn't necessary.  It's changing something for the sake of changing it.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Meowshi
@Undeadpool said:
" Remember everyone:

And THIS is
 And THIS is "emo shit"
"
This is what gets me.

His ORIGINAL design is fucking stupid.

They just went from one stupid fucking look to another.  Who cares.

There's plenty of cheesy, silver-haired protagonists in anime for you weeaboos to drool over.  
SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SlightConfuse

funny no i was looking forward to see more of this game.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Undeadpool
@Hailinel: Tell that to some of the posters on here. If they were making THAT argument, I'd be ok with it because I too am against silly redesigns, but they're saying this new design is somehow "not as badass" as the original. I just don't see it. Dante is still a dude with goofy hair, a long coat, and a penchant for being bare-chested UNDER that coat.

@Meowshi: Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

@SethPhotopoulos: The trailer intrigued me. It seems like it's going to blend the whole "demon world" and the "real world" a bit better. I never got in the original games whether or not the real world was being affected as even in DMC2, which took place in the middle of a huge metropolis, we never saw any "normal" people.
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@Meowshi said:
" @Undeadpool said:
" Remember everyone:

And THIS is
 And THIS is "emo shit"
"
This is what gets me.

There's plenty of cheesy, silver-haired protagonists in anime for you weeaboos to drool over.  
"
Although I think the fan base overreacted when they were shown the new design I'd have to tell you to politely stuff it if you think that everyone that likes the original Dante is the kind of people that randomly yell japanese quotes and is into loli.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mutha3
@Meowshi said:

" @Undeadpool said:

" Remember everyone:

And THIS is
 And THIS is "emo shit"
"
This is what gets me.

"
I'm not going to argue that old Dante is some shining beacon of good character design, but the one on the right in those pictures really,really,really does look dumber than the one on the left.

I could forgive the redesign, but the developer they've assigned to this has basically dashed all hopes of this being a good game.
XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By XenoNick
@SethPhotopoulos said:

" @XenoNick said:

" *Raises hand* I will admit I'm one of the fanboys who hates the new Dante. Plus not liking Heavenly Sword I think this game could be a massive fucking let down. I don't think anything will sway me over into liking this. Even though DMC4 wasn't the best I'd take that over this at the moment. "
Is it a letdown when your expecting to hate it?

"
I guess not. I'm always up for a game surprising me and being better than I thought so you never know. The game could be a letdown for Capcom if it tanks. I also don't get why we need another prequel *or reboot, forgot which one it was* DMC3 was the prequel and was also amazing. If this is a prequel how would elements like devil trigger fit in?
 If the game fit in between DMC 1-2 or 2-4 I doubt I'd hate so much. True the design also factors in but the series doesn't need another prequel / reboot.

Also if they just kept Dante with WHITE hair that would make this better.
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@Undeadpool: I think that NInja Theory's got it.  I do think that it will be at least decent.  The story stuff will hopefully be better than in the past.  

I think the badassery of Dante comes from the crazy shit he's done not necessarily clothes though.
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Undeadpool
@mutha3: What about it specifically? I'm not trying to be a prick, but you seem like you're into discourse more than you are frothing rage, so tell me what SPECIFICALLY doesn't appeal to you about the redesign VS the original. Because I look at those two pictures and think the guy on the left is using a different styling product and dyed his hair.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hailinel
@Meowshi said:
" weeaboos"
Well, at least now I know your opinion isn't worth the time of day.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mutha3
@Undeadpool said:

" @mutha3: What about it specifically? I'm not trying to be a prick, but you seem like you're into discourse more than you are frothing rage, so tell me what SPECIFICALLY doesn't appeal to you about the redesign VS the original. Because I look at those two pictures and think the guy on the left is using a different styling product and dyed his hair. "

The one on the left is a cheesy anime hero. Unrealistic hair colour, bright red coat and muscular body frame.Nothing much more to say about him, he looks really boring. If you asked me to show you a generic anime character,Dante would be one of the best examples I could immediately come up with.

The one on the right, on the other hand, looks like the lead singer of a British death metal (boy)band. His design is intended to be "dark " and "edgy" when you look at the utter dullness his color scheme represents....brown, grey,black.....yaawwwnnnnn. At least old Dante sticks out from his environment and enemies. And look at all that stupid accessorizing going on in that picture.  He has, like, 20+ necklaces around his neck. Even though there aren't any belts involved, this feels like Nomura's got his grimy hands all over it. I hate excessive accessorizing.
oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By oysteinBrenne

Meh the new dmc is being developed by a shitty developer i could not care less about that game 

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Undeadpool
@mutha3: I don't quite get it. You're saying that the original Dante is totally generic, but the new one doesn't stand out? I think he stands out MORE simply by virtue of being altered. I mean look at how many people are still losing it talking about these very slight changes to a character who wasn't that unique to begin with.

@SethPhotopoulos: True, but we haven't seen any of that and people have still made up their minds that this Dante isn't "bad ass" somehow.

And let's not forget, perhaps most importantly, that Capcom asked for this. So getting mad at Ninja Theory is actually misplacing your rage. Your rage belongs directed at Capcom and even series creator Inafune.
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DeeGee
@Hailinel:  Change is good, stagnation is bad.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KaosAngel
@DeeGee: DMC wasn't stagnating though.  Both DMC games are considered classics now and to this date hold up.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mutha3
@Undeadpool said:

" @mutha3: I don't quite get it. You're saying that the original Dante is totally generic, but the new one doesn't stand out? I think he stands out MORE simply by virtue of being altered. I mean look at how many people are still losing it talking about these very slight changes to a character who wasn't that unique to begin with.
"

I mean that old Dante is boring in that his design is generic and overdone. But he definitely stands out in the games he's in due to his bright colors in the dark world surrounding him. The new Dante looks as washed out as his environment.

Anyway, like I said, I hate the design, but I don't think its worth flipping out over. Its the developer which kills it, I feel.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hailinel
@DeeGee said:
" @Hailinel:  Change is good, stagnation is bad. "
Avoiding stagnation doesn't mean throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By ProfessorEss

I don't care what happens.

I always thought the franchise was mediocre on every level, starring one of the most auto-generated looking characters I've ever seen.

So frankly, given Ninja Theory's history of mediocre gameplay, and both the old and new Dante's looking lame, I'd think the next DMC could be shaping up be another mediocre,  par for the course affair.

...perhaps with a better story and acting.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Undeadpool
@mutha3 said:
" @Undeadpool said:

" @mutha3: I don't quite get it. You're saying that the original Dante is totally generic, but the new one doesn't stand out? I think he stands out MORE simply by virtue of being altered. I mean look at how many people are still losing it talking about these very slight changes to a character who wasn't that unique to begin with.
"

I mean that old Dante is boring in that his design is generic and overdone. But he definitely stands out in the games he's in due to his bright colors in the dark world surrounding him. The new Dante looks as washed out as his environment. Anyway, like I said, I hate the design, but I don't think its worth flipping out over. Its the developer which kills it, I feel. "
Fair enough and well said!
TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TwilitEnd656

I forgot the game existed. That's... Kind of telling for a series I'm interested in.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't care how 'emo' new Dante looks (although he is fucking ugly). What I do care about is that neither of Ninja Theory's previous games were very good in my opinion. I really want to see some gameplay of this because I'm concerned they're going to ruin one of my favorite franchises.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KaosAngel
@SuperfluousMoniker: Let's be honest here, the last real DMC was DMC3.  DMC4 was made by new guys who did a kinda queer job, it wasn't bad...but it was kinda queer, and I don't want them doing it again.  Ninja Theory has yet to make a good game in their history.  However, when they do fuck up...maybe Capcom will give it back to the guys at Platinum for a proper sequel.
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@KaosAngel:  Man, if Platinum did DMC I'd jump for joy, although I might like a sequel to Bayonetta even more... I actually liked DMC4 for the most part; definitely flawed but like you say, not a bad game overall. They got the combat right, which is the most important thing.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KaosAngel: That'd be a good outcome.  Ideally they would send a Star-Wars-esque hologram saying "Help us Platinum, you're our only hope." 

Edit:  Though I must say, DMC4 was still a rad game imo.  Combat was rock-solid.  Level design was a bit lacking though, and the major backtracking was a bit of a disappointment.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sameeeeam

I'm actually not that worked up about the redesign; that's not what's killing it for me. It's the fact that Ninja Theory is developing it. I did not enjoy their last two games at all.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zityz

I love how people are up in arms because the main character isn't a full grown man with white anime hair. 

Oh well, I don't mind the look. It's a re-telling afterall.
DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DeF
@ryanwho said:
" @DeF said:
" @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
Ironically, I feel the same. I didn't care one bit about DMC before, but now that Ninja Theory - whose previous two games I love - is making one, I'm interested! "
That's not irony. Internet, please please learn what irony is. "
my name is not Internet, and I know that the sentence doesn't make sense - that's what happens when you start a sentence, take a break and finish it without looking at the beginning :)
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kingzetta

After playing enslaved I'd have to say I'm actually very much looking forward to DMC.
It might actually be the first Devil May Cry game that has a story or a narrative.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Quacktastic
@Undeadpool said:
" Remember everyone: hair color and coat color matter far more than anything else, evidently 

Apparently
Apparently "emo"
"
This is where I'm at, too.  From the outside looking in, you guys seem crazy.