Anyone else irked by the lack of a current endurance run?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I don't really care about endurance runs but what I do want is some content that's not a live stream slapped together at last minute

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I don't know how anyone could work their way through all of the content on this site, especially if you claim to be new then you should have plenty of stuff to keep you going. I've been a premium member for about a year now and I still haven't ran out of GB videos to watch. I'm only 30 episodes into the Persona 4 run, nearly finished the VJ Deadly Premonition run but I got kind of burnt out on that after I completed the game for myself, I will watch the Chrono Trigger run eventually and there are still 100's of Quick Looks I haven't seen. I see no need to be "irked" about anything at all, go watch an old Endurance Run, if you have any form of a life/hobbies other than Giant Bomb you can't possibly have watched them all already.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I will watch video content produced by Giant Bomb.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@slaps2 said:

so if this is somehow the wrong section for this type of thread, please call me names and tell me the right place to post it in.

Little do you know there is no right place to post this in!

It's kind've the thing when something gets really popular on GB and there's a clamouring for it, it then becomes heresy to talk about that thing and wanting more of it.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By alwaysbebombing

@yummylee said:

You must be n-

P.S. I'm new to this forum, so if this is somehow the wrong section for this type of thread, please call me names and tell me the right place to post it in.

...Ah, well that explains it then.

There is no correct thread for this topic because we're not supposed to talk about it.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

, but I also thought Chrono Trigger was a bad game for the last ER

Chrono Trigger did not make for a good Endurance Run. I think the other two benefited from the guys reacted to the crazy ideas found in those games, like Funky Student, Mysterious Fox, and whatever the sound guy in Deadly Premonition was trying to do.

I still watched the whole ER, but it didn't have that spark.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yes. Though it's more that I'm irked that there isn't more awesome Jeff/Vinny content. I'd love to see more of Jeff and Vinny riffing on stuff. I'd even love a subscriber feature where Vinny & Jeff play through a game, make it a short one, do a video once a week.

It'll never happen. :(

I really wish for a Vinny/Jeff/Brad Kingdom Hearts Endurance Run, with Vinny at the helm.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all. Forcing the crew to do an endurance run they really aren't interested in is not good for us or them.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather see more content and coverage of news.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Wolfgame

I don't see the real problem with having a least one topic to day dream about an endurance run, the worst thing that could happen in this thread is people speculating and talking about how much they enjoy the ER and want to see another one some day. That line of conversation isn't exactly dangerous, I say leave the thread open and let people talk. I have always been bewildered by "lock topic" mentality of the endurance run threads. It would seem counter productive to silence people who genuinely love the site from promoting its content.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Breaking Brad has been pretty awesome. Especially the Devil May Cry and Demon's Souls stuff. Have you checked that out?

Man, Bioforge was pretty amazing too.

The guys are doing awesome shows. I'm not really sure what people are asking for when they as for a new ER. You want all these awesome shows to stop so they can play through your pet Anime JRPG Game? No thanks

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By afabs515

Jeff and Vinny will play Persona 5 together for us. I know it!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@slaps2 said:

Maybe part of the reason I really want an Endurance Run is because I'm not a paying member and I don't get to watch any of the Bradly May Cry type of videos. I guess I really didn't think of those. But the question still remains to anyone who wants to answer it. What game do you want to see a playthrough of, and who should play it?

We've had this thread fairly often. Less over time, but it still pops up every now and then. Even "for funzies", it has gotten old for a good portion of the forum-posting userbase.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I feel like the P4 Endurance Run was a slightly lucky combination of brilliant and fresh that probably can't be duplicated, and in my opinion wasn't in subsequent ER's. DP and CT were fun but I'm not banking on the magic happening again.

The irony of the many comments in P4 ER videos complaining about the content isn't lost on me.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm not.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

You mean my Katawa Shoujo threads don't count?

championfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@taku128 said:

The 155 best pieces of content on this site are the 155 episodes of the Persona 4 Endurance Run.

I'm slotting "Rider meet horse, horse meet rider" somewhere in the top 5, but otherwise you're correct.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By Aegon

@afabs515 said:

Jeff and Vinny will play Persona 5 together for us. I know it!

Breaking Chief Anime Editor Brad: Persona 5.

Here come the truckloads of $$$.

But on a more serious note. The playthroughs of games they do for premium content are fine, but the fact that Jeff is never a part of any of them (other than occasionally popping up to say "what are you guys doing over there?") is a bummer. It seems like he especially doesn't want to be part of any of that (or is too busy).

I'd also be up for what @meatball has suggested. Watching Jeff and Brad being bewildered and trying to tear down Kingdom Hearts while Vinny tries to enjoy / break the game would be quite entertaining.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@taku128 said:

The 155 best pieces of content on this site are the 155 episodes of the Persona 4 Endurance Run.

I'm slotting "Rider meet horse, horse meet rider" somewhere in the top 5, but otherwise you're correct.

The P4 ER is fantastic and all, but... comon now, there are a lot of episodes in there that are strictly the guys heading through dungeons, which doesn;t really make for the best viewing material, least not compared to how hilarious other segments were.

Honestly I think their TANG series is some of the funniest and most creative content they've ever produced to this day.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Just give them some more time. They're still getting used to the new office.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Clonedzero

I don't know how anyone could work their way through all of the content on this site, especially if you claim to be new then you should have plenty of stuff to keep you going. I've been a premium member for about a year now and I still haven't ran out of GB videos to watch. I'm only 30 episodes into the Persona 4 run, nearly finished the VJ Deadly Premonition run but I got kind of burnt out on that after I completed the game for myself, I will watch the Chrono Trigger run eventually and there are still 100's of Quick Looks I haven't seen. I see no need to be "irked" about anything at all, go watch an old Endurance Run, if you have any form of a life/hobbies other than Giant Bomb you can't possibly have watched them all already.

The problem with this. Yes there is alot of content. Not all of it is good or interesting. Hell alot of it is pretty god awful. The truth is, quicklooks are completely hit or miss. Also having a wealth of past content does not excuse the slow content spewing out of the SF office.

The issue i have, is that a single guy, Patrick is putting out more content than the entire SF crew combined.

Endurance run? I don't care. But put up some meaningful content. I'd really like to know what they do all day. I mean pretty much ALL their content is livestreamed or done in the same style (quicklooks) so theres no real editing required, throw up a bumper and unload the sucker. I'm not accusing them of being lazy, i just honestly have no idea how they spend their time since the stuff they do does not require alot of work or effort.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Endurance run? I don't care. But put up some meaningful content. I'd really like to know what they do all day. I mean pretty much ALL their content is livestreamed or done in the same style (quicklooks) so theres no real editing required, throw up a bumper and unload the sucker. I'm not accusing them of being lazy, i just honestly have no idea how they spend their time since the stuff they do does not require alot of work or effort.

You should probably listen to this:

Loading Video...

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#73  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

If the right opportunity presents itself, I'm sure the staff might do another ER, but until then, these threads continue to serve no purpose aside from riling people up.

Locked.