Anyone else notice the GB editorial is very slow?

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By xplodedd

Hey gus,
I love this website, the forums are cool wiki is awesome.
But  I couldn't help notice that only now a review came out for the DBZ game,
did anyone else notice that the reviews are taking a long time, and by the time they
come out they are outdated?
share your opinions.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HazBazz

They have 3 editors, and they've been busy with the site launch.

MentosEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MentosEater

Yeah I've also noticed how slow they are. worth it though

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xplodedd
HazBazz said:
"They have 3 editors, and they've been busy with the site launch."
first they have 4, then they have the interns they have been talking about from the early days of HTBAB, and DBZ is a 2 months old game..
xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xplodedd
MentosEater said:
"Yeah I've also noticed how slow they are. worth it though"
the review of DBZ was definalty above average, but it looked like something that should have took about a day or 2 to write.
Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Schizoid

They've been busy with submissions and working out kinks in the website.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Between the site launch,then constantly having to approve everyone's contributions,and just getting back from E3 before all of this,they do pretty well. Every other review has been around the same time as a release. Remember as well though,they are only reviewing games that people generally care about,or they care about,not just every random thing that is released.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xplodedd
pause422 said:
"Between the site launch,then constantly having to approve everyone's contributions,and just getting back from E3 before all of this,they do pretty well. Every other review has been around the same time as a release. Remember as well though,they are only reviewing games that people generally care about,or they care about,not just every random thing that is released."
they care about DBZ, yet the review came 2 months after the game.
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap
xplodedd said:
"pause422 said:
"Between the site launch,then constantly having to approve everyone's contributions,and just getting back from E3 before all of this,they do pretty well. Every other review has been around the same time as a release. Remember as well though,they are only reviewing games that people generally care about,or they care about,not just every random thing that is released."
they care about DBZ, yet the review came 2 months after the game.
"
I don't think your getting the point of the site, they are reviewing games that they want to review, this site isn't going to review every single game under the sun and especially not before or on the launch date, expecting that of 4 guys and a few interns is crazy, I get the feeling this site is more about us and what we can contribute back, the stuff they do put it in is just a bonus.

Also, I'm sure there updates will get more regular once the site settles and finds it's place a little better, I get the feeling there spending most of there time at the moment just looking through all the hundreds of thousands of changes and edits we've all been making this past week.
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Hungry_bunny

They'll catch up soon enough. It was expected that the reviews would come slow this month.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I'm sure they are very busy, and will speed up the process of making reviews/articles soon enough.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Well don't forget- it's been busy, E3 just happened.

I'm sure they'll hire new people and it'll go faster soon.  They were very smart to choose a wiki system for games.   I'd say that this site has more games and info on it than gamespot already
might be because half the people copy and paste from other sites, lulz

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By HazBazz
xplodedd said:
"HazBazz said:
"They have 3 editors, and they've been busy with the site launch."
first they have 4, then they have the interns they have been talking about from the early days of HTBAB, and DBZ is a 2 months old game..
"
no, they have 3 editors. Vinny is a video editor, not a reviewer. It just so happened that he wrote a review for DBZ, because he's the only person who likes it.
Secondly, if you think interns review games, you're wrong. The interns are there for database work and fetching Jeff sammiches.