Anyone Else Would Like To See More Games About Bank Robbers?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

killr0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By killr0y

I'd rather see more games about grave robbers.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By falserelic

For me Payday: The Heist was a good start for a heist game. Though I want to see more games expand on that concept. I would like to see ideas such as this.

(1) Single Player Story- I want to get to know the characters, and see what motivated them into pulling off heists

(2) Deep Customization- I want to have a unique look to my character, and use my money to buy new equipment and items.

(3) Interactivity- It would be cool to interact with stuff in the environment, and maybe activate something that can end up being helpful.

(4) Lots Of Weapons- I want to use melee weapons, grenades, firearms all sorts of aswome weaponry.

(5) Variety Of Missions- I want to steal cargo from ships, hijack planes, have stealth sections. Just alot of different objectives so things won't start to get boring.

In general it would be nice to see more heists games, and see what type of ideas developers have in mind.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By falserelic

There's this one prototype game that's similar to payday.

Its kinda like a counter strike version of a heist game. It seem like it has some interesting ideas.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThePaleKing

@killr0y: Just the other day I was thinking about a game centred on grave robbing. Fuckin historical grave robbing, raiding pyramids and shit. The mummies are the cops!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316
@ThePaleKing Tomb Raider?
AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By AssInAss

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men was some of those things. Not a great game, but the variety of gameplay, characterisation and story was really good.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By falserelic

@AssInAss said:

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men was some of those things. Not a great game, but the variety of gameplay, characterisation and story was really good.

Kane and Lynch could have been a great game. If only it had the right developers.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By penguindust

When I think about the best heist movies, blatant violence and visibly brandishing a weapon means the crime has gone horribly wrong. I'd like to see a bank robbery game based primarily about the planning and gathering of information stage of the operation with the execution being the gauge for success. The first Rainbow Six game on the PC had you plan your team's movements before you even entered the building. Instructions were given to the other team members and while you could jump between units, they largely stuck to the plan even when things went awry. A good bank heist game should be like that with stakeouts, going over floor plans, and practicing the details over and over again. How well the player prepared would determine their success. A moderate amount of control would remain with the player during the heist to see if they can think on their feet, too. Perhaps an AI director could toss in an unexpected event to add a touch of the unpredictable. The kind of heist game I'd love to be play would be a nightmare to assemble, but I think it could be a worthwhile amalgamation of action, puzzle and adventure game genres.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'd like a game based on bank robbing that worked similarly to Hitman. Each bank would require (or not) a certain amount of recon and casing the joint, your tech guy starts off with floor plans, you can walk around as a 'customer' to see the environment and the things you have to watch out for, guard positions and locked doors get added to your map for the real heist. Some banks you might be able to bribe a guard or teller to work on the inside for you, leaving a door unlocked or giving you the signal when the time is best. The ideal heist is you don't fire a shot and get out of there before the police show up, but if you just want to wait for an armored car, crack the securicor guys on the head and peel out, that might be a good option as well.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By falserelic

@Brodehouse: @PenguinDust:

Both of you guys got some good ideas, with the right developers I think they could pull it off.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

@AssInAss said:

Yup, I'm one of the few who enjoyed both K&L games for those very reasons. Though the first one really is just horrendous once you reach the war-torn... wherever. South America I think? I remember how I didn't know what to do during this stealth sequence and for a while I was thinking about just giving up entirely, and besides that the game just gets insanely difficult from that point on.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By falserelic

@Yummylee said:

@AssInAss said:

Yup, I'm one of the few who enjoyed both K&L games for those very reasons. Though the first one really is just horrendous once you reach the war-torn... wherever. South America I think? I remember how I didn't know what to do during this stealth sequence and for a while I was thinking about just giving up entirely, and besides that the game just gets insanely difficult from that point on.

That war level felt very out of place I know how you feel.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By AssInAss

@falserelic said:

@Yummylee said:

@AssInAss said:

It felt like a nod back to Freedom Fighters, but not done well XD

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By zaccheus

Sure. I'd also like to see a burglary/thief game.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By falserelic

@AssInAss said:

@falserelic said:

@Yummylee said:

@AssInAss said:

I was really hoping for Kane and Lynch 2 to be good. But the developers just half assed that game so badly. I remember when I just started playing the game, and after 3 hours it was over. I was so pissed that day the ending was just extraordinary.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#17  Edited By Yummylee

@falserelic said:

@AssInAss said:

@falserelic said:

@Yummylee said:

@AssInAss said:

I was really hoping for Kane and Lynch 2 to be good. But the developers just half assed that game so badly. I remember when I just started playing the game, and after 3 hours it was over. I was so pissed that day the ending was just extraordinary.

K&L2 was weird for how it improved upon certain aspects, but completely removed so much else. Better shooting, better multiplayer - yet no more squad commands and a smaller arsenal of weaponry. Removing grenades in favour of throwing fire extinguishers everywhere was... OK, weird, but I could understand where they were coming from. It frankly still never made any sense from a story perspective, though. Like when, iirc, you actually start going up against the Chinese military, who also apparently have no grenades on hand. It's like, grenades just ceased to exist entirely.

And getting rid of the melee attack for that meat-shield thing wasn't a smart move, since shields were borderline useless, and so should someone manage to get up close, you were boned. The campaign was of course ridiculously short even by shooter standards, and the ending was.... well, Christ, the game didn't even have one. The filters they put over the gameplay were fantastic, though, and the voice acting (Brian Bloom, brah!) was just as good if not better than the originals. I actually kinda felt sorry for Kane & Lynch, and it's easy to see that despite not even liking each other, a bond has still been built over how much shit they've been through and survived together. After all Lynch was there when Kane's wife died, and vice-versa for Lynch's girlfriend.

They're both largely mediocre games, each one for different reasons than the other. And yet I still have a bit of a soft spot for K&L. So much so that, while I doubt it's ever going to happen, I'd like to see a third one be put in the making.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

The game would be nothing if you were unable to plan (script) the heist. That's where a good heist game has to start for me.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By falserelic

@Yummylee said:

@falserelic said:

@AssInAss said:

@falserelic said:

@Yummylee said:

@AssInAss said:

K&L2 was weird for how it improved upon certain aspects, but completely removed so much else. Better shooting, better multiplayer - yet no more squad commands and a smaller arsenal of weaponry. Removing grenades in favour of throwing fire extinguishers everywhere was... OK, weird, but I could understand where they were coming from. It frankly still never made any sense from a story perspective, though. Like when, iirc, you actually start going up against the Chinese military, who also apparently have no grenades on hand. It's like, grenades just ceased to exist entirely.

And getting rid of the melee attack for that meat-shield thing wasn't a smart move, since shields were borderline useless, and so should someone manage to get up close, you were boned. The campaign was of course ridiculously short even by shooter standards, and the ending was.... well, Christ, the game didn't even have one. The filters they put over the gameplay were fantastic, though, and the voice acting (Brian Bloom, brah!) was just as good if not better than the originals. I actually kinda felt sorry for Kane & Lynch, and it's easy to see that despite not even liking each other, a bond has still been built over how much shit they've been through and survived together. After all Lynch was there when Kane's wife died, and vice-versa for Lynch's girlfriend.

They're both largely mediocre games, each one for different reasons than the other. And yet I still have a bit of a soft spot for K&L. So much so that, while I doubt it's ever going to happen, I'd like to see a third one be put in the making.

I agree with everything you said. At this point I think new developers should work on Kane and Lynch 3. The game has potential to become something amazing. But the original developers ain't getting the job done.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Grimluck343
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#21  Edited By Little_Socrates

I would love to see this done right, but I can't imagine it's possible to make it engaging and replayable.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jrad

Subversion by Introversion was shaping up to be my ideal game. It's a pity it's been suspended -- the gameplay videos looked amazing. It was a heist game done right: an absolute simulation and sandbox.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By EpicSteve

Yeah, someone needs to make a really good robbery game. Remember the GTA IV mission?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By falserelic

@EpicSteve said:

Yeah, someone needs to make a really good robbery game. Remember the GTA IV mission?

It would be cool if Rockstar produce a heist game. We all know Rockstar got the skills to make it happen. A realistic 3rd person shooter about bank robbers would be a dream come true.

@Jrad said:

Subversion by Introversion was shaping up to be my ideal game. It's a pity it's been suspended -- the gameplay videos looked amazing. It was a heist game done right: an absolute simulation and sandbox.

First time I heard of this game. For me I'm not to for sure what to think about it.

mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By mewarmo990

Payday is a lot more fun than I had expected. REQUIRES teamwork and voice chat on higher difficulties, though.

I'd like to see something more tactical and complicated. I think the kind of pre-op planning as in Rainbow Six 3 could work in a game like that. Payday does require strategy but it's very game-y once the shooting starts.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SamStrife

Bank Robberies are the coolest things on the planet....so yeah, we need one done right.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By falserelic

@mewarmo990 said:

Payday is a lot more fun than I had expected. REQUIRES teamwork and voice chat on higher difficulties, though.

I'd like to see something more tactical and complicated. I think the kind of pre-op planning as in Rainbow Six 3 could work in a game like that. Payday does require strategy but it's very game-y once the shooting starts.

Yeah Payday is alot of fun. Its one of my favorite PSN games. I'm at rank 174 I've been playing it on Overkill (145). Its been pissing me off to the extreme playing this mode. Holy shit, I almost went insane trying to beat the level Heat Street on Overkill (145). Its almost impossible to get past the shit storm of cops that's coming everywhere

On top of that I was expecting more of the wolfpack DLC. We got 2 new levels, raised level cap, a new skill tree, 3 new weapons and a sentry turret. I was expecting abit more after almost waiting for a year. I hope overkill releases more DLC before payday 2 comes out. Starbreeze is helping them to make the sequel.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Virago

Only if they aren't explicitly "Go bank to bank and steal cash". I dunno, there's just something off about that. Although I guess if you can virtually play war and murder hundreds of "people", robbing a bank sounds pretty blase'.