Anyone know of a Duder who has a "Must play SNES Games" list

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By EightBitShik

After finally watching the SNES marathon video on the site it got me thinking someone on the site must have a bad ass list of all the games worth playing for SNES. Don't get me wrong I can think of at least 20 but I was hoping to look through someones list and find some hidden gems. If anyone knows of a list or this inspires someone to create the list even better.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ley_Lines
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Icil

A hidden gem I used to play in high school but eventually lost is a DBZ fighting game (#2). All I know is that it's the second game in a three game series (1 and 3 weren't as good as 2). Otherwise, if you've got 20 games on your mind you're probably on the same page as me.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By YI_Orange

@Rey_Leone: That list is pretty good, granted a bit long. It has all the ones I would strongly suggest though. Super Mario RPG. Super Mario World. Kirby Superstar. Yoshi's Island. Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Turtles in Time. Earthbound(even if I barely played it), Diddy's Kong Quest, Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past, Act Raiser, Megaman X, and Super Bomberman.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EightBitShik

Thanks

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By phrali

BLACKTHORNE

otherwise good list. i would strongly recommend seiken dentetsu 3. one of my favorites of all time.

Neeshka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Neeshka

That list is amazing; I see 4chan has updated it considerably since I checked it last.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Hizang

Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose is one of my favourites.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EightBitShik

@Hizang: Are you being serious with that? because I wouldn't of believed anyone about Aladdin had I not played that myself as a kid and loved the shit out of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Maybe this will help. These are original review scores as given by my favorite Nintendo magazine in the 90s (called Total!), They are sorted from best to worst.

http://total.bee-ware.ch/wertungen/snes_note.htm 

EDIT: Someone obviously was in a hurry writing that, quite a few typos in there.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By JCTango

@Icil said:

A hidden gem I used to play in high school but eventually lost is a DBZ fighting game (#2). All I know is that it's the second game in a three game series (1 and 3 weren't as good as 2). Otherwise, if you've got 20 games on your mind you're probably on the same page as me.

Yeah, I actually have this fighting game =D. Back when I was a kid, I went on a trip to HK and bought the 2nd DBZ fighting game after reading a guide for the first one in a GamePro magazine. It's a fun game! I didn't understand a word of it though, since it was all in Japanese.

Neeshka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Neeshka

heft = issue; wetrungen = rating i think

I think I still have a few total magazine issues locked away somewhere. They had a competition on one issue where you had to guess the video game from a distorted screenshot; i won a snes from that one lolz.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Hizang

@EightBitShik: Tiny Toons for the SNES is an amazing game, I really really love that game. Such a great graphics and soundtrack!

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EightBitShik

@atomic_dumpling: Thanks that is quite helpful. I started compiling a list on the site from the list someone posted earlier if there are any on that list I'll check them out too :)

@Hizang: I'll check it out then sometime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh, and of course one game that isn't mentioned very often: Tales of Phantasia. There are fan-translated ROMs floating about the interwebs.

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By helios1337

@YI_Orange said:

@Rey_Leone: That list is pretty good, granted a bit long. It has all the ones I would strongly suggest though. Super Mario RPG. Super Mario World. Kirby Superstar. Yoshi's Island. Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Turtles in Time. Earthbound(even if I barely played it), Diddy's Kong Quest, Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past, Act Raiser, Megaman X, and Super Bomberman.

This is a really good list of recommendations. I remember playing a game called Cybernator and liking it (not as good as anything already listed though). I didn't play much of it, but I believe Super Castlevania was well received. I highly recommend Earthbound, it really stuck out for me back then, probably because every other SNES RPG was dragons and some alternative fantasy settings. Earthbound (Mother 2 in Japan) was a game set in the 90s, used baseball bats and yo-yos to attack. Of course, you also used hamburgers and pizza to heal.

moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By moncole

Earthbound

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BoG
@Rey_Leone said:

I've always enjoyed looking on v's recommended games. http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/SNES hope that's what you're looking for.

I've never seen that before, but it's an excellent list. I'm actually now planning to go back and try and play some of those games I've missed based on his recommendations. 
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Karl_Boss

Super Metroid

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By destruktive
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By EpicSteve

You man, have you played Smash TV? That game is pretty rad.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By falling_fast
ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers