Anyone use Playnite?

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Hi all, hope you're surviving, safe and feeling a least slightly sane in these times of madness.

Just wondered if anyone on here uses Playnite at all? It's selling itself as a solution to your PC game library, you know, the mystic it's all in one place thing people like me have been asking for. I was put onto it by a friend, and on the surface it seem like just the ticket for some PC game management issues I'd been having - lots of games, lots of launchers and a brain like swiss cheese and not being able to deal with it not all in one place.

But it seems a bit clunky and slow everytime it launches and the UI is really not to my brain's taste. It also seem to randomly lose some of my linked accounts, Epic Store and Ubisoft games just seem to freewheel themselves in and out of being registered.

Anyone had any good use out of it for things like easily picking something to bounce onto next from a massive backlog? I have practically no online friends on any PC platforms/launcher (it's okay, I'm older, grumpy and massively acceptant that I missed the online boat at some point - the GB Minecraft server has been great for example, but it the first time I have ever played that game in an online space) so I wonder if the functionality of Playnite, much like the features of Discord, are mostly wasted on me. So, I am just not seeing what this app is really for or should I just go back to Lorenzo Stanco's Steam filter thingy and my Excel spreadsheet with the played/unplayed column?

Vonner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Have you heard of GOG Galaxy 2.0? 😁

(though caveat any integration with 3rd-parties are liable still for disconnection/issues)

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#3 sgtsphynx  Moderator

A friend of mine uses it, I've only ever interacted with it during Extra Life. Works well enough, but I couldn't give you any more information than that.

GOG Galaxy 2.0 does basically the same thing but, like @vonner said, third party integration is spotty and sometimes unreliable with disconnection. Also, one of the requested features for Galaxy is a random game function and I hope that comes soon.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've got GOG Galaxy set up, and like the idea a lot. It's a very "first world problem", but with so many services and platforms, when someone asks me “Do you own [game]“ I have to search like 10 different platforms.

It's easy (ish) to connect platforms and download a list of games. Things like recommendations based off playtime and having that perform in a reasonably quick manner are much more difficult and at the mercy of various platforms and the APIs they provide third parties.