Apologies for not taking the riot in the Capitol building seriously last week.

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

My first impression when I heard about it was I felt that a bunch of knuckleheads were making fools of themselves. I think I said I wasn't proud of what I saw. Shortly afterwards I read about the death of a policeman and the possible threat of violence to the #2 and #3 in the line of the Presidency.

That's bad. Really bad.

I just wanted to say I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was taking this lightly.

Moderators - Feel free to lock this up. I just wanted to get this off my chest.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Understood. Thanks for posting.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Good on ya.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

fwiw, this is why I tend to wait for more news to be reported and resist the temptation to give an immediate internet hot take within an hour or two of some current event. Twitter is ruining everyone, you don't need to share your immediate reaction to everything. Initial reporting is usually missing a lot of details.

Similar topic: people are still wildly assuming what the reason is that the mob was able to so easily enter the building, with pretty sparse snippets of amateur video to go on, and again I would wait until more information comes out. Compared to the day of the event, a lot more information has already come out about how much those in command of the police/DC security underestimated the potential threat of the preceding rally and had disagreements over how much extra security to bring in that day. I'd imagine there's a lot of building security footage that isn't available to the press (yet?) that would paint a pretty strong minute-to-minute picture of who broke into the building, who was let into the building, how different officers responded to the mob, etc.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think everyone was a little spicy in that thread because it was a hell of a day. It's good to take a step back and reflect.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AtheistPreacher

I was disappointed when the other thread got locked only because it meant I didn't have a place to post this light-hearted and defusing bit of satire on Jon Ossoff.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/01/jon-ossoff-georgia-senate-twitter-history-exposed.html

I mean, hey, any US Senator who tweets out AMVs, references GTA3 radio stations, and says he's a "n00b 4 lyfe" is fine by me. Plus, he's now the only US Senator who's younger than I am, which means I am legally entitled to refer to him as a "young whippersnapper."

Also, I appreciated this Vogue article for quotes like "Jon Ossoff looks like he smells of whiskey and freshly carved wood" and "We need hot Jews like Jon Ossoff in the Senate."

You're welcome.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Zelyre

@atheistpreacher said:

I was disappointed when the other thread got locked only because it meant I didn't have a place to post this light-hearted and defusing bit of satire on Jon Ossoff.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/01/jon-ossoff-georgia-senate-twitter-history-exposed.html

I mean, hey, any US Senator who tweets out AMVs, references GTA3 radio stations, and says he's a "n00b 4 lyfe" is fine by me.

You're welcome.

Well, thanks to Jon Ossoff, I've spent my work morning watching Les Mis anime music videos...

So, thanks.

Also - Thrawn trilogy? Hell yeah. This dude's all right.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zelyre: Between him and AOC I feel my "nerd" interests are finally getting due representation. 😁

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zelyre said:
@atheistpreacher said:

I mean, hey, any US Senator who tweets out AMVs, references GTA3 radio stations, and says he's a "n00b 4 lyfe" is fine by me.

You're welcome.

Well, thanks to Jon Ossoff, I've spent my work morning watching Les Mis anime music videos...

So, thanks.

Also - Thrawn trilogy? Hell yeah. This dude's all right.

That's all nice but keep in mind he's also directly opposed to just about every progressive policy proposal.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@bwheeeler: This guy is like a discount Mayor Pete.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need more posts like this on the internet, with people actually admitting they make mistakes instead of just doubling down.