Avatar image for senorsucks2suck
senorsucks2suck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By senorsucks2suck

Probably getting a Switch since the system has reached crtical mass. Despite being $20/year for online I’ll primarily single player game and local ad hoc (system link) when I can. What are the classic Nintendo disregard for gamers in this scenario? Where have they done us right? Where can I own one copy of the game? Where do I have to own 2 copies? What should obviously not require an internet connection? Etc?

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Options for system link play with 1 copy are inconsistent on a game by game basis. Most games require multiple copies, the 2 that I can remember that can run off 1 copy are Pac Man Vs and Clubhouse Games, both of which require the other players to download a demo version off the Eshop.

That being said, I'd disagree that this is a case of 'classic Nintendo disregard for gamers'. Given what game sizes are on the Switch, doing download play like the DS would obviously be impractical. Ideally all games would provide a separate downloadable option like the two that I mentioned but considering that shared screen multiplayer is an option on so many games and clearly the focus I wouldn't call it too massive a fault.