Are we getting a hitsmas this year?

tahnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I haven’t seen it mentioned at all but are we getting a hitsmas this year? I don’t see it in the upcoming videos and its the thing I look forward to every single year.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shiftygism

They seriously should make Hitsmas and Rockband a priority, those are the videos I (and I would assume many fans) look forward to the most, and last year was sadly not the same without any GB Rockband goodness.

Do we really need over twenty hours of GoTY coverage? I say it every year, it's gotta be annoying as hell for the Beast crew to fly cross country and be stuffed in that tiny room for as long as they are for something that doesn't matter all that much outside some tired industry expectation of creating an annual list.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 14

I don't think so

silversaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By silversaint

I think people are waaay too obsessed with Hitman with a ton of people expecting "Hitmas". One of the reasons people seemed to like the Hitman video was the content was fresh and the staff was excited over a new game for that year as seen by it being worse the next year. Instead of expecting a yearly return to a game you should want new videos involving the game released this year.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 15

@silversaint: Well we are not getting either one. Unless they have some surprising group video saved for the very last day.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The East crew only came over for one week this year (rather then two). Which is why there is a lack of group videos.

The UPF when the crew were over was essentially the rockband stream and while I do enjoy things like Hitsmas, I think the GOTY podcasts should remain the priority.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OMGFather

I don't think we'll get a new Hitsmas until Hitman 3 comes out. Seems like the crew is done with the current game - they didn't do a Quick Look for the Maldives level (despite doing one for everything else), the crew seem to be playing other games, and you have to get everyone to remember how to play it for the content to be decent.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

The East crew only came over for one week this year (rather then two). Which is why there is a lack of group videos.

The UPF when the crew were over was essentially the rockband stream and while I do enjoy things like Hitsmas, I think the GOTY podcasts should remain the priority.

Could not disagree more. I don’t particularly mind if they do repeats of formats from the past or not, so it doesn’t matter to me if there’s no Hitsmas specifically, but the Specialtacular stuff is a much better use of getting the entire crew together than 12 hours worth of very limited discussions on dozens and dozens of games, where most of the crew is silent for extended periods. Game of the Year ultimately isn’t that important. If it’s one or the other, I think their time would be better spent playing to their strengths and leaving the GOTY stuff to individual lists. Does there really need to be a site-wide GOTY? I would argue it’s never really made sense for a site whose editorial policy on reviews is that they are individual opinions rather than “the site’s [collective] verdict” to turn around and try to create a consensus “best of” ranking at the end of the year, especially since they refuse to use any system like voting to bring structure to the proceedings. I don’t mind them doing it, because ultimately I can just ignore it, but if it’s coming at the expense of the stuff they’re actually better at, I think it’s the wrong approach.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shiftygism

@alternate: the UPF shouldn't count, it's not available to us (non-subscriber) peasants!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silversaint: I would honestly watch competitive Hitmas all the time. I watched Boiler league for a long time, which is Binding Of Issac competitive racing where both players run the same seed. The spin of the wheel element to Hitmas coupled with a race element makes for some great viewing.

Unreal_Ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if we dont get the hitsmas, the group gaming that usually happens over xmas is by far my favorite content GB puts out. I feel somewhat cheated with these little single person videos.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@shiftygism: sign up for your free trial, offer code ...

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HoM3R

Didn't want to be negative in any of the GOTY 2019 content but really disappointed that we dont have a daily group video. Doesn't have to be Hitmas or Rockband, the Family Feud video I enjoyed by far the most out of GOTY 2019 and hoped we would get something daily. With East only being over 1 week and the length of the podcast I doubt any group videos are inc.

Understand that historically the podcast is the most important for most GB people but I just can't find the time to listen to 20 hours and end up skipping through the final top 10 around February. Also understand that the holidays are about looking back and making lists. For me GB GOTY was getting together with the family for the holidays and playing games.

*edit we got a Winter Games video today turns out it is the most wonderfull time of the year. Thanks for the crew for doing so much in just the one week.

theotherbruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not having any major holiday group gaming videos is disappointing as I’ve come to really enjoy those yearly. I would have even been more than happy with East//West doing their own due to the full group time constraints. Yes we had that upf and gb feud, but those didn't seem terribly holiday’ish.

Like many other people Hitsmas has become my favorite, so not having an installment this year is pretty depressing as I was really looking forward to it...

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By PhilipDuck

Looks as though it's a bunch of short individual videos recorded post their meet up is all we're getting.

The podcast content is the bulk of what was done the week East met West.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm guessing they're going with shorter videos and one week vs. two because it was personally draining for the crew.

If their approach this year is better for them as individuals, I'm all for it.

silens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand the reasoning behind prioritising the podcast, and am happy that the Beasts aren't away from their homes and families for as long this year.

That said, the daily group videos were always the highlight of GB holiday content for me. Sad to see less of them this year, as I don't generally listen to the GOTY podcasts.

Still, appreciate the effort by everyone, and hoping the crew is having a great, well-deserved break!

Temg99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So today’s video is Winter Games. Hopefully Hitsmas will be part of that (or uploaded to CMS later today), but at least we are getting something of the whole crew!