Are you going to be a Day 1 "Next Gen" console owner?? If so which console is your next endeavor.

• 119 results
coilcloudvaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By coilcloudvaper

Also, My wallet will take a beating. Im expecting to spend at least

$800

with all launch titles (Speculated "Alan Wake 2, New Rare Game" New launch Games in general.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Stete

Hell no, the people who get their console on launch day are the ones who pay the most and get the least.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By gaminghooligan

just bought a new graphics card so I'll wait awhile :)

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By AngriGhandi

Assuming nothing horrible happens between now and then, I'll be totally on board for the next gen of consoles! Been ready for like, two years now.

That stuff about locking game discs to system with RFID would probably count as "something horrible," though.

In that case, fuck video games; I take up whittling.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By jay_ray

Depends on the tech, if it is far superior to the current gen and my PC (which puts out slightly better graphics then current consoles) then I will buy one or both (depends on exclusive releases on launch day) within a 2 month period and most likely one of them at launch.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By Time_Lord

I have just finished my new pc so I'm going to wait epically after getting by microft because of the RROD.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By JohnLocke

It depends, I want to see what Sony and Microsoft are doing next system wise before deciding. I picked up an Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 this cycle and perhaps regret it because one system does get used a lot less than the other. Thus I am thinking I want to see what both these manufacturers offer and what they have learn't from this generation. For example if PSN comes out in the exact state it is in at the moment I would find that disappointing (I like PSN is free, but there needs to be a more universal system offered with it such as ability to party chat, invite friends from the dashboard on all games unlike in games such as Unreal Tournament 3 where it's hidden away in sub menu's). If Microsoft release the next Xbox and it is very much Kinect 2.0 and low ammounts of unique titles (i.e. I want to see games coming from Rare but sadly they seem to have become Kinect developer for Microsoft, which may not be bad but the technology does not seem ready or do what it is intended to) then I think that would turn me off from that.

Honestly, I like the PC at the moment (bar some issues with my PC technical wise, broken memory causing some headaches thus not able to run games at a solid frame rate as halved my memory at the moment) and I think that feels like the way to go for me. It has the range of games and I feel like console gaming is moving away from what I want with Kinect, touch screen controls, etc. However, I want to see what is going to happen (if at all, I guess there is no garuntee that the next generation systems will get shown this E3 but last year definatly had that "we have no games to show because we are working on other things" vibe to it).

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Maybe. It depends, but if I were to choose I'd get the PS4. I feel like Microsoft is taking the Xbox in the wrong direction, and I feel like Xbox Live is an awful service and their exclusive games aren't very interesting.

That said, I already have a comfortably good PC with a nice, thick Steam library.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC but I'm going to have to upgrade or get a new one probably next year.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Quarters

I'd go with PS4, easily.

colubroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By colubroid

Unless Sony or Microsoft pull out some crazy, ground-breaking tech that is proprietary to their system then no. Curious to see what the Steam Box is. My radeon 6650 is doing ok, but wouldn't mind building a new machine this summer. Already have a slim mATX case that would fit nicely under the TV.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan to build a gaming PC by the end of the year so no i will not be getting a next gen console. unless valve releases the steam box(or whatever they are calling it) but i doubt they will.

Wipeout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#113  Edited By Wipeout

I'm not sure why I'd get a console any more other than

A) hardware lust

B) some sort of exclusive "must-have"

Just put it on steam and they will get my dollars.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#114  Edited By Mnemoidian

Not sure. If PC gaming takes a dip again, I'll probably be an early adopter... but considering how strong PC gaming has been the last year, I'm not sure I need to go the console route.

But I'll probably pick up at least one of the consoles. As for which... I don't know at this point. The Xbox360's gamepads and me have a really troubling past (ie: I've got 3 pads, none of them work very well), while the Dualshock 3 has been working perfectly since they were released. Though I do like the Xbox a bit better at this point (except for the gamepads, which I loathe), I think that Microsoft has a terrible track record with user interface on the Xbox (and GFWL) - and has been making the Xbox UI worse and worse over time.

Also, Microsoft has a really shitty tendency to arbitrarily disabling features for no apparent reason. Like how I can't use Kinect voice control (despite them yammering on about it for a good 10 minutes at E3!) IN ENGLISH... because of my locale (Sweden). WTF?! I realize I'm not missing out on much, but it's a feature I've really wanted to test. In English.

So, yeah. Despite liking my Xbox better than my Playstation (at this point), I'm leaning towards Playstation, because it's not as offensive to me. On the other hand, while the Xbox store is bad, the Playstation store is a terrible mess where I can never find anything that I'm interested in... hmm, maybe I'll just stick to PC? Consoles are pretty messed up.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

No way. Gonna wait for a least a handful of games I want are out for one of them. Which ever system gets those games first will be the one I get.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#116  Edited By KaneRobot

I know I'm going to be really tempted to buy an Xbox on day 1, but I won't do it. Between hardware issues last time and not liking where consoles have gone in general over the last few years (everyone doing motion control, online passes, companies nickel and diming us with DLC, Live charging for stuff that should be free, and everyone trying to kill used games, among other things), I feel like I'm going to wait at least 6 months, and probably a year or more to see how things shake out.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By OGred

Most microsoft exclusives have gone to shit (IMO), so i might jump ship because PS+ looks a lot better that xbl gold.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#118  Edited By hermes

No. This generation I was a pretty early Sony adopter and then I kicked myself in the balls for years because of that.

New consoles are full of support issues, bad decisions and poor support from developers. After a couple years, things will get more stable and that will be the right time to get into the next generation.

Besides, my backlog is so full I could use some time without thinking about new releases.

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#119  Edited By morkaithewolf

I was a rather early adopter of the 360 and I kind of regret it looking back on it. I'll probably try and wait until they do their first hardware overalls (the slim systems ideally) before I purchase one. Until then I can enjoy my recently completed gaming PC hooked up to my tv. Plus, my backlog needs some love too.