Are You Participating In Extra Life 2021 This Year? If So, Promote Your Donation Page & Stream HERE!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#1 ZombiePie  Staff
IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN!
IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN!

Hey everyone, Extra Life 2021 is right around the corner with the main event starting on November 6th! As many of you already know Giant Bomb will be having tons of guests including the fine people of Nextlander streaming for the team! That said, a large portion of the donations to Giant Bomb's Team total come from regular users like you and me! The team goal is to raise $223,566 so Giant Bomb can crest an all-time total of $2,000,000 raised for Extra Life! Giant Bomb proper has a personal goal of $100,000.

If this post got you interested in joining the team, here's the link to join! If you join the team and this is your first time streaming for charity, here's a helpful guide from the Extra Life Team with suggestions on how to make everything go well.

With that in mind, if you are a part of Giant Bomb's Extra Life team, feel free to promote your donation page, streaming date and time, and Twitch or streaming service of choice.

As an example, I'll share my Extra Life 2021 plans below!

j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By j_unit2008

thanks for doing this!

EDIT: New this year, I'll be featuring performances from friends at Smart Game Piano during commercial breaks.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#3 riostarwind  Moderator
  • RioStarwind's Donation Page
  • Date: Nov 5,6,7 2021 10:00AM EST to 6:00PM EST each day
  • Twitch
  • Donation Incentives: $25-35 Donations can request me to draw them some artwork of a character they like. I also have a extra incentive that I'm not going to promote at all. So definitely don't look at my page and 100% don't make me do that.
internetpizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By internetpizza
hamsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Trash Squad's Donation Page
  • Date: November 5th-6th, 8:00pm PST, 24-Hours of Party and Party Adjacent Games
  • Twitter Announcement
  • Twitch
  • Plenty of donation incentives and a wheel of activities and punishments just for this stream. Can't wait to show off what we've been planning for this year. See you all soon!
bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

I'm doing it again! 5th year!

• Bonbolati's donation page
  • Nov 5th 6am to Nov 6th 6am (this is what I'm shooting for, if I sleep in I'll adjust accordingly, but going the full 24hrs)
  • Twitch link
  • I did it last year and I'll do it again, any donation gets you a doodle request.
  • Goal to make it to is $500 to at least get around to matching last year.
  • Like the last bunch of years the first half is a single player game and the latter half is multiplayer shenanigans.
meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By meatsofevil

This year I'll be kicking off the stream with 3 hours of Rock Band 4 drumming, and after that we'll be playing a large variety of retro FMV and adventure games, with a 3DO block in the middle. I didn't set too lofty a goal since it's been 6 years since I've done an Extra Life stream, but if I do hit my $250 goal we'll play the 1992 adventure game Dune. Figured it'd be timely with the recent Dune hype.

Excited for this year, and I hope to pop into some of y'alls streams!

LiquidSchwartz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to be attempting a good mix of stuff in hopes that I'll be able to stay awake for the whole thing, so expect some VR stuff or Ring Fit to keep me moving. Apologies in advance that I'm not really chatty on stream, but I hope the gameplay will entertain enough to make up for it!

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

3rd or 4th year with Team GB! This year I've roped in a fellow streamer and GB Fan OKRetroZone to co-hosting over on my channel..

We're going to be doing a ton of co-op stuff, some solo stuff, and a decent amount of games with Twitch Integration (Vermintide 2 and Chef Squad, to name a few). I know the panini has been rough on everyone, so feel free to come and hang out even if you cannot donate.

Bad_Dudes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to attempt the full 24 hours this year. We'll be all over the place in terms of games, but people can expect some N64 rom hacks, Mario Party, Scrap Mechanic, and a few others. My goal is $1000; ridiculously high, I know. However, the first year we did manage to get over $800. So if we pass the $800 mark, I'll play Balan's Wonderworld in VR* (SteamVR with a large cylindrical mapping, but working Oculus controls).

Looking forward to popping into everyone's streams this year. Best of luck!

urban_ryoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The first 8 hours will be very scheduled. Co-streaming some multiplayer madness. I'll also be hosting a one shot of The Green Knight (a ttrpg ruleset they released as a promo for the movie), to which there are a few slots open still so DM me if interested.

Things on the docket include:

It Takes Two

Playing a collection of Sonic games that swap every time you pick up a ring

Hive Time https://cheeseness.itch.io/hive-time

attempting the pacqui 2021 chip challenge

There are also a couple of milestone goals:
Reaching $500 means I'll have a segment where I play as a healer in FFXIV for the first time ever (I haven't been a healer in anything since Overwatch first launched and still the thought of it gives me chills.)
Reaching $800 means I'll be ending my stream doing a session of ring fit adventure with camera on and weighted.
There might be a secret incentive if we meet/exceed my amount raised in 2020 ($1000).

kekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Docket is A lot of different things and complicated to chart out but I've been experimenting with the limitations of my stream.

1. I'm going to be pretty fresh with a new racing wheel so I'm going to be experimenting with both arcade and simulation racers.
  2. We're going to be upkeeping with several games dailies such as Pokemon Unite, Smite, Arknights, World Flipper
  3. At some point we have the idea of playing American Truck Simulator and chatting
  4. Pitched a cooking segment
  5. Fighting Games
  6. Drawing some requests I received some time ago that I'm fulfilling the rewards on
  7. I've Also Had A Speedrun pitched at me but this one might fall through.
  8. There's a lot of SAGE2021 games I've yet to finish checking out and it'll be a shame if I never get to them
  9. I tend to upkeep a YT channel so we might even edit video on stream
  10. OR for the YT channel record a Let's Play over parsec/discord call

I set my goal to $100 so that it's easily reachable and I push for incentives rather than anything else but be sure to check in with me throughout the time since I'll probably need the check ins (i tire out very easily)

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Smooth Wizard Gang will be streaming on 11/13!

Our goal is $1000 this year, so we're shooting for the moon. Have VR Segments, Tabletop Segments, and all the usual bullshittery to be expected. Starting at Noon EST!

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Back at it again for the 9th? year. This year will be playing a ton of FFXIV. Finishing up Shadowbringers and getting ready for Endwalker.

Best of luck to all the duders!

KingRingtail85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A little later than the rest but I have other obligations the first couple weekends of the month. $1,000 goal this year and lots of games new and old at my disposal. Can't wait!

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

emtee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be doing 12 hours this year...turns out 24 hours is a long ass time to stream by yourself!

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm definitely coming back for a 7th year with this team, and I'm looking forward to it!

Last year I did more than 25 games, so I'm going to slow it down and spend more time this year with each. VR will be back again this year though! I hope everyone has good streams! I'll be encouraging people to check out the team list to donate to team members in their area.

For the kids!

TimeGames
10:00am Marathon (1994/Bungie)
1:00pmDeus Ex: Invisible War (2003/Ion Storm)
4:00pmVR TIME w/ Half Life: Alyx/Vanishing Realms
7:00pmPathologic 2 (2019/Ice Pick Lodge)
10:00pmSekiro: Shadows Die Twice (2019/From Software)
1:00amBOOMER SHOOTERS w/ Amid Evil, Mothergunship, & DUSK (Time Change 2:00am)
3:00amReCore (2016/Armature Studios)
6:30amWizardry 8 (2001/Sir-Tech) Finishing at 10:00am!
FeatureCreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First timer here. Gonna be streaming the "Wheel of Roguelikes". This ain't one of those streamlabs garbage wheels you've seen, this is a...better wheel...yeah! Spin the wheel, play the roguelike it lands on. You, the viewer, control the wheel! Not only can you spin it with a chat command but you can donate to increase or decrease the odds of landing on a specific game! You can see a list of the games on the wheel (with links to their respective steam pages) on my Twitch page. Goal is $100. I'm a very small streamer, not even affiliate, so I'm setting expectations low. As should you.

taylorwmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Second time streaming for extra life. I'm not a big streamer so my goal is only a $100. I'll be streaming a variety of wrestling games. Come hang out for a good cause.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

This years Extra Life is special to me because I'm raising money for the hospital I work at, as an RN! I'll be doing consistent variety streams daily in the evenings into the late nights.

Incentives: request (any) games and music, and make me do high rep of exercises!

Plan: We'll typically start with Chess (blitz), DOTA, and Hades speedrunning, but again, donations determine our path! Come hang out in the evenings! Maybe some viewer Multiplayer games!

Kiruvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kiruvi

I'll be streaming for 24 hours starting at 9 CST! It's my 7th year of extra life and I'm trying to reach a lifetime donation total of $3000!

Come on by and visit!

Donation page:

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=451703

Date:

11/6/21, 9AM CST-11/7/21 9AM CST

Twitch:

Twitch.tv/Kiruvi

Thouddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thouddin’s Donation Page

Date: 11/13/2021 3pm Eastern

Twitch Page

It’s my fifth year this year and my goal is $250. I will be checking out some new games (Inscryption, Age of Empires 4, House of Ashes), some multiplayer games with friends, and some really “bad” games too. Hope folks can come and hang out. Thanks for setting this up!

sleeprockss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

sleeprockss' Donation Page

Date: 11/12/2021 at 3:30 PM Eastern

Twitch Page

It's my first year streaming for extra life, but thats not going to stop me from streaming the full 24 hours. I'm going to be playing the new GTA Collection to see if it's a trainwreck or a hilarious trainwreck, and I'm also going to be streaming some horror games this evening. Thanks for setting this up too!

derekthered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My donation page

Date 11/13/2021 and 11/27/2021 at 3pm Pacific

Twitch Page

This will be my second year particifpating in Extra Life. Last year I was able to hit $500 thanks in no small part to some donations from the now famous @bunghole69, and from @zombiepie and @rorie posting my stream in the giant bomb chat, which was a huge rush for me. I'm hoping to be able to hit $500 or more this year, for Childrens Health Orange County, where my cousin's daughter receives care for her cancer. I'll be doing two twelve hour streams, playing some newer stuff, along with some games from my backlog. Who doesn't love a good log stream?? Come by and say hi if you have a chance!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

My donation page

Twitch Page

This will be my second year particifpating in Extra Life. Last year I was able to hit $500 thanks in no small part to some donations from the now famous @bunghole69, and from @zombiepie and @rorie posting my stream in the giant bomb chat, which was a huge rush for me. I'm hoping to be able to hit $500 or more this year, for Childrens Health Orange County, where my cousin's daughter receives care for her cancer. I'll be doing two twelve hour streams, playing some newer stuff, along with some games from my backlog. Who doesn't love a good log stream?? Come by and say hi if you have a chance!

Ah shoot sorry I didn't see this earlier. I would've thrown chat up over the weekend but I was out of town this weekend!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

My friend and I will be kickstarting the GB Discord's relay marathon this Friday, Nov 19th, at 9AM PST. Come watch us play Hunted: The Demon's Forge! It's going to be a bad time! I had to set up a thing on Hamachi to make it work! I had to fuck around with IPv6 settings for the video game to recognize our fake LAN connection! It's like Gears of War, but Fantasy and Bad! Lucy Lawless is in it?

I assume the other folks participating will be playing better games, but if you want eight hours of pure unadulterated 2011 video game, why not tune in?

GB Discord's twitch (might also just be hosting on my channel)

Donation Page.

hightopninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heya gang! Due to real-life issues I couldn't participate on Game Day.

However! I was able to carve out the 24 hours for this upcoming weekend!

My Donation Page

My Twitch Page

I was also able to wrangle some corporate sponsors! So, for every $5 someone donates, they're entered in a raffle to win 1 of 12 Prizes!

No Caption Provided

derekthered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:
@derekthered said:

My donation page

Twitch Page

Ah shoot sorry I didn't see this earlier. I would've thrown chat up over the weekend but I was out of town this weekend!

No worries! I'll be doing my second stream probably a week from this Saturday, so maybe next time.

mufasajones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be joining the effort for the first time this year. I have a very small channel but will be doing my best. I will be streaming with a friend of mine who has not played many game. We play games from my collection and they give their first impressions as well as just talking about random stuff and having fun.

Donation page

Date: 11/21/21 (11AM PST / 2PM MST)

Twitch Channel