Are you planning on changing your primary gaming platform for this new generation?

Leopold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you planning on changing your primary gaming platform for this new generation? (100 votes)

Moving to PlayStation 2%
Moving to Xbox 12%
Moving to PC 4%
Staying Put 66%
Not Sure Yet 16%

Ever since the super positive feedback came out for the new DuelSense PS5 controller, it made me really curious to check in on where heads are at regarding which platform is more enticing and if anyone is even planning on making a move to a new platform.

Definitely feel free to discuss if you wish to offer further details about your poll choice!

• 
frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing the PS5 in action has definitely made me more curious, but at best it's now slightly more likely I'll get a PS5 earlier than I planned. My primary platform will stay PC for the foreseeable future, and PS5 will be the same as PS4 in my world - mostly a Sony exclusives box.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Staying PC, but I will have a Playstation for exclusives like last gen.

camitalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I play mainly JRPGS, meaning Xbox is out (theyve been doing ok, but still really missing stuff), and i prefer physical games (as I consider myself a collector somewhat), so PC isnt really the option, so im sticking with my PlayStation as my main. Although ti be fair in the last few years my Switch was my main platform of choice when it came to most games, (for example the Atelier Games, Platformers like Celeste and Shantae etc). Im excited to move to the PS5 being my main platform

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Well, I am getting a new Xbox and will be using it for anything a Switch can't run good so... yes and no? The Switch still gotta be number 1, but for anything that requires power yes.

Oshjoshlax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm planning on sticking with Sony for this next generation. But I'm also getting close to making the jump and building a PC. But the Sony exclusives are too good to pass up for me. Most of my favorite games from the current gen are PS4 exclusives.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Nope. Between controller format (and, increasingly, controller features) first party exclusives and now backwards compatibility to a large extent it's never been more clear that Playstation is the only gaming device I need. If a Dualshock-like controller worked for XBox I'd consider the S with Games Pass, but even then I feel like I'd rather just keep my PSN account rolling and put that money towards a Switch/Switch 2 or whatever and finally get back into Nintendo for the first time since the N64. I've missed a lot of good stuff other than Wind Waker over the years.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To some extent I've already switched, since the only console available was Series X pre-order. Microsoft has kind of gradually won me over with the idea of Gamepass and just generally better messaging on backwards compatibility that PS5. Plus, a lot of the exclusive titles I was looking forward to on PS5, like Spiderman and Horizon, are also being released on PS4, so outside of the Demon Souls remake, there's sort of not a lot of reason to spring for one right now.

I do wish there was a PS4 style controller than would work with the Series X, though. Offset sticks are an abomination that should be destroyed and the very concept thrown into the memory hole.

badseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Staying put on PC as my main gaming device, a switch as the main console, and at some point i will pick up an Xbox to migrate my Rock Band library to

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope. Not that intended this to be the case, but I'm pretty sure that my 9900K 2080 Ti build will get me though at least half of the next generation, maybe longer of 4K ultrawide doesn't become much of a thing within the next five years.

And I'll just leave this here:

Loading Video...

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m going Series X to start, which I suppose will be my primary just given Gamepass. But I’ll eventually get a PS5, whatever Switch successor comes out, and will upgrade my PC eventually. So if the grass ends up greener elsewhere, I’m happy to move my primary gaming there.

prolurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over the years I've tried xbox 360, ps4, nintendo 3DS, switch, and I finally decided to go PC this gen. Customization and mod support is important to me. I've played many titles on consoles that disable personal preference in favor of ease of use and access. Which is fine, but as I get older I find myself getting more and more picky.

I already upgraded the CPU fan, and while difficult, was a great experience in the end. I'm now trying to use kb+m after only using a gamepad for decades. Starting off with halo mcc and making my way to black mesa soon.

I like consoles, I'll miss the "fun" and excitement around next gen hardware, but I just enjoy my time much more when I can specifically do what I want on a PC instead of being told how to do it in a walled garden ecosystem.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sticking with PlayStation and Nintendo.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Staying PC, granted I'll have to do a total rebuild sometime soon, but it just makes no sense to move back to consoles with a steam library of over 2k games and with only a couple of console exclusives I want to play(and at launch pretty much zero).

miserywizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started with the Xbone when it launched, ditched that and moved to the PS4 at the very end of this generation, and now moving back to the Xbox Series X for the new generation.

It's been a wild ride.

Tempted to return to PC and get a machine that can render like a dream, but I'm not sure I can throw down that much. These new consoles seem like a lotta bang for my buck compared.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC for most games including Microsoft exclusives, PS4/Switch for everything else. Probably will go to a PS5 at some point.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Sticking with Xbox. I like the controller better, have generally been happy with my One, and I like the moves MS is making with Game Pass.

insomniak08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not consider myself to have a primary gaming console. Currently have a PC, PS4, Xbox One X, and Switch. I plan on getting a Xbox Series X for Gamepass and to be used as a 4K Bluray player, and a PS5 discless for PS exclusives.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently built a new PC, so I may end up playing on PC more than I ever have, but it's not any active attempt to move away from consoles. I'll play whatever has the games I want to play.

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS5 + PC, staying put.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By apewins

I've been flip-flopping between platforms all my life, and I assume that lifestyle will continue. The PS4 was my console of choice last generation, and the PS5 is definitely so far the more attractive of the offerings. Yet the Xbox Series S is so cute and cheap enough that I may buy it just for the backwards-compatibility and Xbox achievements as I have over 100 Xbox 360 games on my account that I'd like to revisit, if only for the nostalgia.

But I think now more than ever the PC is becoming my choice for multiplatforms. Now that I have a 144hz monitor and a powerful enough graphics card to utilize it, it's hard to go back to consoles. It's what Jeff has been saying, it's really disappointing that already at console launch, when these systems are supposed to wow us, they're already making games like "you can choose the performance mode for 60fps but weaker graphics, or you can choose quality mode at 30fps but better graphics, you can't have both". Well, on PC I can have both and beyond.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so? I tried ordering a Series X and a PS5, but could only get a Series X at launch, so I'm going for that at the moment.
I'm also waiting to see if the slightly better specs on the Series X will make any kind of difference with multiplatform games.

RoyalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With backwards compatibility I feel like switching to the other one would be a bad idea. They both seem fine but I'm gonna go with the one I have a library on already

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

My PC is still going strong, and I've primarily been a PC guy for a good ten years now. I did end up getting a PS4 and I don't regret it, but I actually didn't end up playing many exclusives on it. I could afford a new console, but there isn't anything that I've seen that's made me really want to jump onboard the new generation from the start and I've usually been a later adopter (got my 360 Elite in 2007, and got my PS4 sometime in 2015/16 because I thought RDR2 would be console-exclusive). I haven't even been playing many games on my Switch lately, it's almost exclusively been PC games this year.

The only thing that's made me think about a console is I've been thinking about signing up for Game Pass, which might end up being a good excuse to get a Series S (not sure there's any point getting a Series X because I don't have a TV that can do 4K). Them announcing Horizon: Forbidden West as also launching on PS4 did a lot to kill my interest in getting a PS5.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wasn't even that interested in picking up a PS5 for the first year or so. Then they announced the Demon's Souls remake. Now I wish I had at least taken a shot at preordering one.