• 112 results
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Claude

I've always been proud. Sometimes I can be down right arrogant about my gaming habits. I love to meet non-gamers and turn them on to gaming. My Wii is my gateway drug to gaming for friends that don't game and visit my home. I stand proud. I play video games. I love my hobby.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

................What does the username say?

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bigandtasty

Neither proud nor ashamed. It's just a neutral trait to me.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Sabata

No.  I don't define myself by the fact that I play video games.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By ki11tank

could we do more productive things than game? yes, but everyone has their thing(s).  i guess it doesn't bother me either way.  although my gaming habits probably aren't up to par with some users here, i more a casual gamer in this user base id think.

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By unclejohn0525
@Bigandtasty: Same. Video games are just my thing.
Avatar image for deactivated-135098
deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

@Bigandtasty said:
" Neither proud nor ashamed. It's just a neutral trait to me. "
Same, I don't consider video games to be a status symbol of any kind. I play them because I enjoy them, and it's as simple as that.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan
@Sabata said:
No.  I don't define myself by the fact that I play video games.
This.  I am not going to deny my love of games, but I don't define who I am by them
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By auspiciousqueue

I was voted 'biggest video game fan' in high school, along with a guy. That being said, I'm proud of it, but not everyone gets it. I know when to talk about them and when not to. I'm glad I have an interesting hobby, to say the least.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By buzz_clik

I don't go out of my way to tell people, but I certainly don't hide it. I wouldn't say I'm proud per se. Maybe 'unabashed' is a better word.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Claude
@Sabata said:
" No.  I don't define myself by the fact that I play video games. "
I would be lost without them. They are my homage to my youth and the release that I desire. They're cheaper than some peoples' hobbies that I know, so... I feel justified in my dedication. 
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@buzz_clik said:
" I don't go out of my way to tell people, but I certainly don't hide it. I wouldn't say I'm proud per se. Maybe 'unabashed' is a better word. "
Yeah, same here. I don't outright tell people "Hey I like video games a lot." But if someone asks me about it I won't mind telling them.
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sabata
@Claude said:
" @Sabata said:
I would be lost without them. They are my homage to my youth and the release that I desire. They're cheaper than some peoples' hobbies that I know, so... I feel justified in my dedication.  "
That's fine.  I just don't think you should define who you are on only one hobby; you should define yourself by your hobbies, your personality, your skills, your achievements, and your faults. 

But hey, whatever floats your boat.
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stang
@Bigandtasty said:
" Neither proud nor ashamed. It's just a neutral trait to me. "
Exactly. Playing video games is not something to be proud/ashamed of in my opinion. That is like being proud for being a movie buff, loving books, or being a sport fanatic. What exactly is there to be proud of?
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Snipzor

Absolutely, mainly because my other tags are slightly less socially acceptable and illegal (More on that... never).

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Baillie

I love playing games, even though it annoys some people, e.g. girlfriends. I'm trying to find games with compelling stories that can unfold with my current girlfriend. I'm hoping Heavy Rain will do my justice, but even if she doesn't enjoy it, the game comes first. I've been waiting for it for years and I've only been with her 9 months. She ain't got NOTHING on it.

What am I talking about? Er.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By MKHavoc

I wouldn't say I'm proud but I'm certainly not ashamed of it either.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By calidan777

FUCKIN' RIGHT BITCHES!! I PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN IN THE WORDS OF RON WHITE "WELL FUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!!",LOL

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tekmojo

Gaming as a whole has had some dark turns in the past 10 years; one reason I can never go back to casual gaming again. Proud to be a gamer in today's world? Far from it. But there's always a chance that tomorrow's game can bring new hope.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By spankingaddict

Fuck yeah...........

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Claude
@Sabata said:
" @Claude said:
" @Sabata said:
I would be lost without them. They are my homage to my youth and the release that I desire. They're cheaper than some peoples' hobbies that I know, so... I feel justified in my dedication.  "
That's fine.  I just don't think you should define who you are on only one hobby; you should define yourself by your hobbies, your personality, your skills, your achievements, and your faults.  But hey, whatever floats your boat. "
I never said it defined me. I have other outlets, but gaming is great and I speak of it often to others. I like doing theater, but after a play the first thing I do when I get home is play a game. It's not mindless and takes some skill and memorization, much like a play. Hell, like a job if you want to get specific. I stand proud.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@calidan777 said:
" FUCKIN' RIGHT BITCHES!! I PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN IN THE WORDS OF RON WHITE "WELL FUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!!",LOL "
I read that in his voice before I noticed his name was there :D

I guess you could say I'm proud of it. I don't know if I'd use the word "gamer" though. Maybe video game aficionado or interactive entertainment buff :)
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sabata
@Claude: Well in that case keep rockin' in the free world, I guess.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By ZombiePie

Of course I'm proud to be a gamer! Why would I ever want to try and convince myself that playing video games is a socially unacceptable practice? I don't smoke, I don't drink, instead I play video games!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Claude
@Dr_Feelgood38 said:
" @calidan777 said:
" FUCKIN' RIGHT BITCHES!! I PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN IN THE WORDS OF RON WHITE "WELL FUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!!",LOL "
I read that in his voice before I noticed his name was there :D  I guess you could say I'm proud of it. I don't know if I'd use the word "gamer" though. Maybe video game aficionado or interactive entertainment buff :) "
You would not use those terms. Get out of here.
sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sdauz

im a big 'gamer', but still feel ashamed to say so to ppl who dont know that already

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrRedwine

I talk to my students about the fact that I play video games.  I defend the hobby to my parents who thought I would "grow out of it", and I explain to people the power of video games quite often.

I am proud to be a gamer.  In fact, I don't even hate that word the way so many on this site (including the hostmasters) do.  I personally prefer it to "player", which Jeff likes, because I think that has some negative connotations for a happily married man about to have a baby.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#28  Edited By citizenkane

I have always been proud to be a gamer.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@Claude: Aw! You caught me. No, I would never, never, ever use those either terms. But, I'm sure that someone somewhere would. Still, I just don't like the word "gamer".
Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spike94
@Claude said:
"I've always been proud. Sometimes I can be down right arrogant about my gaming habits. I love to meet non-gamers and turn them on to gaming. My Wii is my gateway drug to gaming for friends that don't game and visit my home. I stand proud. I play video games. I love my hobby."

As I love it as well. But as another user said, I don't let it define me. But oh, is gaming ever amazing. :D

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jayge_

I fish, I play airsoft, I read a lot, I hike, and have several other hobbies, but the first one that always comes to mind when people ask me is usually gaming (if I'm being honest and they aren't the "oh my god go outside" type) so I guess, yeah.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32  Edited By zyn

Yes.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I just play them for fun.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By CL60
@Sabata said:
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Diamond

I don't know about pride.  I'm usually prideful about things I've influenced or created, not because I partook in a vastly popular activity.

I believe videogames will only become a more important entertainment medium and tool over time.  So I guess I'm proud that I'm here along with millions of others, one of the first generations to experience something that may last millions of years.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Claude
@Dr_Feelgood38 said:

" @Claude: Aw! You caught me. No, I would never, never, ever use those either terms. But, I'm sure that someone somewhere would. Still, I just don't like the word "gamer". "

What should I call myself then? I've thought about it, but gamer seems appropriate. In Las Vegas, they call gambling... gaming. Man.. I'm at a loss here.
Anarchist4Eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Anarchist4Eva

"It's not who I am that defines me, but what I do." says Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins. 

But seriously the answwer is yes. Ain't no shame in my game!

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ryanwho

Are you proud to be a TV watcher/ internet user/ car driver/shoe wearer? What? That question is asinine? Exactly.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Claude
@ryanwho said:
" Are you proud to be a TV watcher/ internet user/ car driver/shoe wearer? What? That question is asinine? Exactly. "
Really, that simple. Well, I'm not on a website devoted to those exercises in extracurricular activity. I stand proud... I play video games.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dalai

I am proud to be me, and there's a part of me that's a gamer. 

So the answer is yes.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Claude
@Dalai said:
" I am proud to be me, and there's a part of me that's a gamer.  So the answer is yes. "
How many blogs have you written. You're more than proud. Your PC has taken away from your blogging, but that's just my opinion.

Maybe I should break down what it is to be a gamer or interactive media participator.
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jensonb

I don't know how to answer that question...I think because I'm not sure what it's asking...Does the fact I play video games give me a sense of pride in terms of achievement? Not really, but I do it for fun.

On the other hand, if you're asking am I proud to be a part of the gamer community...Hell yeah. Especially proud to be part of the Giant Bomb movement.

Yes, we're a movement now.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By Brendan
@Sabata said:
"No.  I don't define myself by the fact that I play video games. "

This. 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Claude
@Jensonb said:
" I don't know how to answer that question...I think because I'm not sure what it's asking...Does the fact I play video games give me a sense of pride in terms of achievement? Not really, but I do it for fun.  On the other hand, if you're asking am I proud to be a part of the gamer community...Hell yeah. Especially proud to be part of the Giant Bomb movement.  Yes, we're a movement now. "
Wrong, you are a person who likes video games first, this site "Giant Bomb" comes second. Video games are always first and foremost. Without video games, this site and community would not exist. Where would the movement be... without... video games and gamers.
yyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#45  Edited By yyninja

That is a hard question to answer. I guess I'm sort of in the middle-ground. I don't like to talk about games to friends who don't game, but I'm willing to start some small talk with them.  

I don't game like it's a badge of honor, I game to enjoy a good story, I game to be challenged and I game to have fun.

OroYoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OroYoke

Every day when I wake up I am smiling and happy.  That is including being proud at my hobby, gaming.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jensonb
@Claude said:
" @Jensonb said:
" I don't know how to answer that question...I think because I'm not sure what it's asking...Does the fact I play video games give me a sense of pride in terms of achievement? Not really, but I do it for fun.  On the other hand, if you're asking am I proud to be a part of the gamer community...Hell yeah. Especially proud to be part of the Giant Bomb movement.  Yes, we're a movement now. "
Wrong, you are a person who likes video games first, this site "Giant Bomb" comes second. Video games are always first and foremost. Without video games, this site and community would not exist. Where would the movement be... without... video games and gamers. "
What in the wide world of sports are you talking about? I never said anything about Giant Bomb "coming first" or anything like that. It quite obviously wouldn't exist without video games (Or hamburgers, or pancakes, or booze or energy drinks or, yes, bombs). All I'm saying is I'm especially proud that the part of the gaming community I have the strongest ties to is this part right here.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By animateria

I'm a heavy duty gamer.

But I tend to not talk about my hobby to people, because I think most people don't care about the topic much. 

Honestly, it's a great hobby. I really think they are missing out on stuff.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Bigandtasty said:
"Neither proud nor ashamed. It's just a neutral trait to me. "
Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Druminator

Well I'm pretty much playing some kind of game every day at some point so I guess so. I'm not ashamed.