#1  Edited By artofwar420
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By artofwar420

So what do you say? Would you buy a new console? Barely got a PS3/Xbox 360? Or maybe you're still sporting a PS2?

No Caption Provided

Please dismiss the bottom options, for some reason I couldn't edit them out. If a mod can do this, then awesome.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ninjakiller

Are you high?

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I'd be OK if the next Xbox was released later this year, but the PS3 got released in '07 here, so it's a bit soon for that.

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShiroMe

Ya!! I would love to throw away $800 on a new system that does the exact same thing as my current console.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By weltal

I voted for E because I enjoy the infinite possibilities contained in an choice that is both nothing and possibly everything.

As for the question, I'd rather just focusing on this generation of gaming. I don't believe Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo are ready to move on either.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By penguindust

No new consoles before the next Presidential election (well, maybe an HD Wii).

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Hell no. It's way too soon. And in this economic climate, they'd be stupid to release a new console now.

sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sociald1077

Too soon. The current gen still has lots of power to be tapped into. And if you think that these systems have reached their maximum potential, I have to ask just what your looking for in a game.

Saerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saerg

Waay too soon. Hell, I'm still playing my PS2 quite frequently as it is.

Avatar image for conkerandberri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ConkerAndBerri2

Hell Fucking NO! Theres still no curse filter on GB right? its been a while since i was last on.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By meteora

As much as I'd like to see how the next generation console (Xbox 720 for myself) could go with graphics and crap, it's not the time to put out a new console. This console lifespan is probably going to be a little bit more longer; thanks to the economic recession and a few other things. Though the Wii could use a upgrade for a Wii HD, it's pretty much stuck between the 6th and 7th generation in terms of graphics. Otherwise, I'd wait until 2011 or beyond before a new console will come out.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

Yeah... no.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iamjohn

Hell no! >:|

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422

No, and I hope we aren't ready for another 2-3 years at least.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Nay , we can enjoy great games on current generation of consoles for years to come .

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By raven_squad

Absolutely not. Neither is my wallet. 

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#18  Edited By Dimsey

I don't think I'd buy a new console right away, at the very least not right a launch. Aside from my 360 dying every six months or so I'm pretty happy with my current consoles.
I'm pretty sure I could do without new ones for quite some time.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iamjohn

I really can't wrap my head around why someone would want a new console now, or better yet why they would think that any of the manufacturers would be ready to put a new one out in the market.

liquidsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By liquidsol

Absolutely no significant reason right now.  360 and PS3 have a lot of life left in them.  With focus on gameplay, online play, and less on improving graphics, I think both systems will last longer than the standard 5 years.  Yes, I'd like a 360 that plays Blu Ray, or a Wii that has a Hard Drive and HDMI, but it would be the same system.

In the 90s, everyone wanted better and better graphics, so companies were obsessed with making the next best thing.  Now, games have evolved past that (like movies have evolved past CGI showcases), and gamers want new ideas, good stories, and originality).  Those can all be achieved with these systems.

There is really no reason to upgrade because with connection to a network and updating, these systems naturally have a longer life than past systems.  I think it's a really good thing.  No reason to spend close to $1000 on another system and tons of peripherals, when these systems are doing great, and have a longer life because they are connected to WWW and can be expanded.  Plus, it's even less desirable in this economy, to have to worry about upgrading. 

Even if an upgrade did become available, it would have less games, less features, and most importantly, less users and therefore less community, right off the bat!  Mix that with the fact that less people would be buying due to a bad economy, and it could be a real disaster.  In previous generations I always found mystelf asking for more, this is the first generation I can honestly say I'm pretty satisfied.  I think this generation will probably last as long as the NES did, if not longer.  Mainly because, again, the fact that they are connected to the net allows for more room for expansion, and a much longer life.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By BiggerBomb
pause422 said:
"No, and I hope we aren't ready for another 2-3 years at least."

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By MKHavoc

No, it's still way too early.  I think releasing the 360 only 4 years after the original xbox has gotten a lot of people worried that we're due for another one soon.