Ark Survival Evolved Gen 2 releases tomorrow.

JyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

June 2 Ark on sale steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/ARK_Survival_Evolved/

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Gundato

So is this any good? Looks like a more structured ark with a storyline?

In theory Ark is one of those ultimate games because you have grappling hooks and pterodactyls. But every time I ever played it it just immediately felt like a more annoying minecraft without the ability to dig a hole when I get scared during newbie time.

Survival games since have done a good job of either making a home base meaningful or exploration worth your time. But ark just felt like it should have been an arma mod.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is this the one with Vin Diesel in it? I want to play the game that trailer showed not actual Ark.

heartl3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is just part 2 of a dlc , this is not Ark2.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ark is one of those games that I refuse to admit I hate. But every few months when I try it again I hate it even more, the terrible looking characters, the bland environments, and just the whole craftiness of it all... And yet I am intrigued by this

HighlanderRi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HighlanderRi

As someone who fell down a DEEP Ark hole awhile back...don't. Ark is a beautiful game that hates you and does not respect your time. The game itself is a mediocre, buggy, laggy, halfbaked mess...that somehow works due to the initial feel of how big the world is how much there is to do and craft and learn....until you get wiped by a single raider or the Clan (Ark's version of guilds) when they notice you. Power balance is not a thing give a thought, generally toxic player-base (it is a game where you can loose everything in a single night), and the dinos, while cool, take so much time and effort that it is not worth it in the end (taming dinos takes multiple real-life hours). The true nature of the game is to join a decent group, get swallowed up by a larger group, join a multi-serve spawning tribe, and then have your server Doxxed for multiple days by rival clans while the devs do nothing since they are busy making extremely shading choices (See; Atlus, the ARK DLC they cut and made into a barley playable game that was just a worse clone if ARK)

I will say as long as you go into with no expectations, find a small server with a couple friends; it can be a blast with the crafting, taming random stuff to ride it around, and finding the various resources around the map.

matsunoshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant Bomb Ark server when?