As a Premium member it's rough seeing 2 shows scheduled for this week

This topic is locked from further discussion.

F1REv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Giant Bombcast 685 - May 11th 2PM

A Relaxed Friday Stream - May 14th 4PM

Come on Rorie, surely you are playing something you could upload? Please?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, I thought they already said all premium subscriptions are being extended one month? So you're basically getting May for free.

dwerkmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a good number of backlog items i never had a chance to watch. I'm happy to look back while they work toward tomorrow.

F1REv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwerkmd:

Nothing wrong with catching up. I've just gone through all of their content already. Even if it's just someone playing through an old game I'll take it.

F1REv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode:

I'm very excited to see what they fill their week with moving forward, but that doesn't mean I'm not depressed that I have 2 things to look forward to content wise.

Hell give me a Jeff Bakalar pinball stream or something in the mean time, or Rorie playing Spelunky 2, or Jan and Jason continuing with Kingdom Hearts. Someone playing through Resident Evil 8? Janturnal?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@f1rev2: Don't get me wrong, this whole thing has been a bummer, but I guess I'm just of the mindset that there is probably a lot going on on a lot of different levels so I'm just happy we're still getting the Bombcast and the Friday stream, to be perfectly honest.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@f1rev2: The entire point is that they don't spend working manhours playing whatever random game for content in order to spend it on forward planning instead.

I get that it sucks not having new content to watch but you're also asking them to do the exact opposite of the thing they've announced that they're doing. It's the entire reason they're giving May as a free month to all subscribers, because by design there just isn't going to be much content put out.

F1REv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By F1REv2

@imhungry:

Then hopefully their forward planning content makes up for the lack of content now.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they were pretty clear on the last several streams that the coming weeks are going to be primarily used for transitioning into what comes next. They were also repeatedly very clear that the act of streaming/recording is itself like 20% of the actual job. If there's limited content, it's almost certainly because there is limited time to produce it. You will probably have to temper your expectations about content output for the next few weeks.

Avatar image for themagicfishman
themagicfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By themagicfishman

I am in the same mindset as I have when a game gets delayed. Please take as much time as you need. I'd rather the team is 100% adjusted from the huge loss before they start trying to make new content. Honestly I couldn't imagine how long it my own job to adjust to losing some many staff members in such a short time. It would take more than a month for sure. On a positive note, I heard somewhere Abby and Ben's valentine's day horse dating game premium feature is the lowest viewed set of videos on the the site. So this means you probably haven't watched them and this is a great chance to watch them! Any content in a drought boys!

crashman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: @sethmode: This is where I am. I didn’t even think we’d be getting a Friday stream so I’m very happy to see it’s on the schedule. Jason has been bringing some weird stuff to the table lately which I am all for.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

This month is free. I had to cancel my subscription, but it's still running now. So any content is free as well, in a sense. Therefore, I don't expect them to do anything but the necessary. It's been A Time, let's start giving these folks some much needed space already.

F1REv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daavpuke: This month is free. I had to cancel my subscription

Basically what I'm saying.

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

I wonder if people who have posted how much they hate every staff member for years are now like "Yes, Giant Bomb is finally good!"

I don't understand people who are so hungry for content. My GB backlog is tremendous not to mention I want to rewatch so much stuff like Metal Drew Scanlon, Demo Derby and so much else.

F1REv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lonelyspacepanda: "I don't understand people who are so hungry for content"

Because I've been a fan of this site for years and seen their past content? It's literally the Xbox Series argument. My main console was the Xbox 360 and One so why would I be excited whenever a game from that generation goes BC when I've already played them?

cheeseholidays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bro

Kunakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems an odd complaint.

Given the circumstances I wasn't expecting anything this week/month.

I'd also suggest you look into common complaints regarding solo streams posted last year. I'd expect these decisions don't cater to a singular persons expectations but to those of everyone. (The staff, you, me, those who want another persona endurance run).

@lonelyspacepanda: I'm not sure those people exist. Granted, there are a lot of comments targeting different staff but I'd expect those who hate the entire staff just don't watch. (That said I did see a comment on the goodbye thread from someone who seemed to be celebrating what they perceived as the downfall of GB. I can only conclude the individual in question leads a questionable life)

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#19 FinalDasa  Moderator

Gonna lock this now.

Jeff explained in a few places what is happening. With three people leaving the site is taking its time to plan for the future and this next month will be light on content, thus the free month of added premium.

Just hang on, enjoy some GB backlog, and let's see where the future takes us.