As Cinema comes back which classic are you hyped to see on the big screen?

• 71 results
petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By petesix0
Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See a shit movie. You'll have plenty of space to work with.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

As a regular movie-goer, I miss going to the theaters. But man, I just can't bring myself to even attempt that right now.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@petesix0 said:

"PLZ don't open the lesiure facilities so soon there's still a threat - wait - yep someone died." - Jaws

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably not traveling to see my immediate family this Christmas, I'm sure as shit not stepping foot into a movie theatre any time soon.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#58  Edited By isomeri

@efesell said:

Please don't go to theaters yet.

The situation is quite different here in Finland with only one death in the last week and zero patients in intensive care. We just implemented a recommendation to use masks in public transport and a lot of people are working from home, but otherwise society is going on quite normally.

Theaters have thus been open for a couple of months now, but with basically no new movies being released there's a renewed focus on screening older movies. Screenings only have roughly a third of the capacity as normal, so you always have two empty seats on all sides of you. It's really nice to not have anyone sitting in front or next to you.

Through the summer I've gone Color Out of Space, Jojo Rabbit and most recently Sorcerer. I'd actually never seen Sorcerer before, so it was fantastic to see it on a big screen while seeing and hearing other people in the audience gasping and averting their eyes where appropriate. A really fantastic movie worth going to the cinema for. Color Out of Space and Jojo were nice as well, especially when the city was covered in thick pink fog when I went back outside after Color Out of Space.

Also I do understand why this discussion can be frustrating to people who live in places with worse situations, but I don't think it should prevent the rest of the world, where things are better, from enjoying themselves and talking about such things.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MrKlorox

Wow. This thread is fire. Of the garbage variety. It's currently ripping through our discord at breakneck mocking speed. I'm just stupefied.

Some really non-thought through opinions and intentional ignorance here. Shut this thing down. I don't have anything to add right now other than repeating "don't be dumb."

curiosus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By curiosus

@isomeri said:

Also I do understand why this discussion can be frustrating to people who live in places with worse situations, but I don't think it should prevent the rest of the world, where things are better, from enjoying themselves and talking about such things.

There are less than 10 nations that have handled the pandemic so well their second wave isn't coming until 2021. Most nations are expecting a second wave this winter. If you go to an indoors venue with a large number of people for more than 15 mins, your behaviour is directly contributing to worsening that second wave and you should be criticised personally for it. Unless you live in one of the top 10 countries (eg New Zealand), then outdoor socially distanced gatherings are the absolute limit of what you should be doing. Drive-in theatres have been operating and an acceptable alternative to cinemas, as well as outdoor screenings this entire time, theres really no excuse, indoor venues are considerably worse for transmission.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: Your situation makes me feel even more like it’s a bad idea. You’re doing great don’t do things that increase risk unnecessarily. It’s better there until it abruptly isn’t.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

In this thread there's lots of people assuming every country has handled the virus as catastrophically as the US. Don't let your government make you think that.

In my country we've had no deaths for a month, only about 1% of all people tested actually have the virus (unlike certain us states where it's like 25%). We're actually below the average deaths overall for this time of year. The vast majority of public places and businesses are open with mask rules etc. It's not terribly dangerous to go the cinema here. I probably won't rush out to do it but only because I don't like cinemas that much anyway.

I wouldn't leave my house if I was in certain areas of the US!

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deerokus: I think you’re falling into a different fallacy, though. Just because your country is reporting low cases, they are still reporting cases. So there’s a major risk of the outbreak getting worse by easing on gathering restrictions. Now, some of that may be necessary risks (I.e. voting, opening schools, etc), but going into a room with many strangers just to stare at a screen for two hours seems like a frivolous risk anywhere that isn’t reporting 0 cases consistently.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We fucked it up so bad precisely because a bunch of places have been like Oh we only have like a dozen cases there's nothing to worry about here what do you think this is, New York? Ha Ha

Cut to Oh no this is terrible who could have predicted it would get this bad!?

stise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deerokus: I don't think anybody is assuming other countries are doing just as a poorly as the U.S. You're seeing the kinds of posts you see from Americans because we know we have no recourse but to literally beg strangers not to risk killing themselves, each other, and us. There is zero federal leadership, zero institutional safety net to ease the potentially ruinous financial blow of a missed paycheck or hospital stay, and a culture that values blind, tribalistic gut decisions over data-driven consideration. We know we're doing much worse than just about every country, which is exactly why you don't see us trusting each other to properly analyze the risks of public leisure activities. We can't afford to.

insomniak08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenet is out in 6 days, assuming nothing changes, so I will be seeing that as soon as I can. But my theatre has been open for like 2 months at this point and I have gone several times, but Tenet will be the first new movie I have seen since Bloodshot.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not a fucking idiot so I won't be going to a movie theater.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By billmcneal

I'm gonna see The Empire Strikes Back this weekend

insomniak08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billmcneal: Nice! I considered going to see Star Wars and Empire since they are among my favourite movies and I have never seen them on the big screen. But I was trying to limit how often I was going since I tend to want snacks at the movies. I was already seeing the Harry Potter movies which would change every two weeks so a small popcorn and diet pop was a good cheat to have once every 2 weeks as a reward. I was hoping they would keep going with the series but it seems they are mostly going to be playing new releases now :(

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

I'll see Tenet when it comes out

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RobertForster

I want to see Tenet when it is safe to do so. I love 70mm films.