Astroneering with Vinny and Brad followup: Bro-Mance Sky

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sweetz

Ok I just wanted to make that pun, I'll see myself out :)

On a serious note, I am curious to see what's up with No Man's Sky these days and I think both Vinny and Brad have threatened to revisit it on several occasions

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last time I tried to play it with friends who were new to the game it was not a good experience. This was only earlier this year.

The tutorial requires everyone to do everything, you can't combine it. If you try, it'll freak out. So you end up building multiples of everything. As people edit things, it can still freak out on the other persons screen and suddenly the building you're in is now full of rock again, but only on your game and not on your friends game.

When we finally got around to be able to fly around in space and get missions, it was a dice roll if we'd end up in the same instance as each other. Then it was a dice roll if the mission would work for us all or not. If someone died on a mission, it would fail for them but not for the others, but the others would be stuck on it because of the failed member.

I know there was a recent patch again, but I looked through the notes and saw nothing that made it sound like these problems are addressed.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I respect this thread. Every few months, I come up with a solid pun and consider making a Giant Bomb thread to share it and then I chicken out. This thread is what could have been.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

First off, excellent pun. Bravo, duder.

I would watch this series. While co-op NMS is a bit hit and miss, you can kinda blaze through the tutorial stuff if one player has the resources. You can just give the player the stuff they need, and it wouldn't take all that long to knock out some of that (either on the series or beforehand) if they were to do it. Hell, if they want a leg up, I'll pop in, hand a bunch of valuable stuff to the duders, and then bounce like some benevolent space sugar daddy.

I did this for my buddy and we had a good time. There's lots of silly fun to be had with NMS, and I'm sure Vinny and Brad would have a good time with it. Here's hoping this happens!

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@htr10 said:

I respect this thread. Every few months, I come up with a solid pun and consider making a Giant Bomb thread to share it and then I chicken out. This thread is what could have been.

Oh no, you have to share those things. Imagine the amount of puns we've missed out as a society by thinking like this. It's upsetting really.

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly took a shot at NMS again after the pandemic hit and it *finally* clicked and felt like a fully-featured experience to me. I was having a lot of fun. I fell off because I started playing Skyrim but I'll be back to it soon.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got NMS after the first update where they added base building to it, but before multiplayer and a whole lot of other stuff.

I put a fast 60 hours into it where I was playing it 2-3 hours every night, mostly driven by the carrot-on-a-stick of ship upgrading. I think I barely advanced what you might consider the major "quest lines" in that game. Then I had the hardest drop off of a game I've ever experienced, where I realized I'd probably have to play the game for hundreds of hours to reach the sort of epitome of the progression and I knew I very much did not want to do that and I immediately stopped playing it.

I'm guessing even with updates it's probably not a great game for Brad and Vinny to stream "until they see credits", but I'd be interested to see them mess around with it for a few sessions until they felt like they've seen enough.