• 91 results
hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hello fellow Australian Duders!

As promised, here is the Aussie thread so we can all stay in touch and make an effort to hang out more when travelling to each other's cities. The meetup at this year's PAX was great, and a special thanks to those who stopped by the booth during the show to say hello afterwards. We are all awesome people, and we should make an effort to stay in touch.

If any of you are in Melbourne (from memory @orchidaugur was) I host a weekly board game night that you should come to!

Zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Zero_

I didn't even realise there was a PAX AUS GB meet up this year - I went to the first one years ago when Ryan passed away, but would be keen for when it rolls around next year again!

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero_ it was kinda last minute this year. Definitely come to the one next year :D

Cuzza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how many of you guys are from Perth? I know @el_funko and @yavin343 here already. They didn't make it to PAX Aus this year though. Because they are jerks who hate fun. Something we have on the Aussie PA forums is that the OP has a rollcall with where people are so it's easy to ping them when there.

El_Funko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What the fuck man, throwing my name out in the street like that. What's wrong with you? That's how you get monked.

I didn't make it to PAX this year because of money, but then later Gabe couldn't make the show and the panels weren't anything I was interested in, so I think I made a pretty great decision there. I would've liked to mess with Playstation VR, but whatever. Maybe next year.

@loten is a P-Town asshole too.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool idea @cuzza! I'll update the first post with locations if you like

tyashki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There was a meetup at PAX? Damnit!

MetaJohn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt there are many other duders up here in Townsville, but you never know. Should be a few scattered around North Queensland.

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Mel, didn't go to meet but board games sound cool.

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Melbourne Duder here. Didn't get to make it to PAX, but I'm in for any future plans.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't go this year, sometimes Perth to Melbourne is expensive and I've been doing a bunch of travelling this year. Hopefully I can find the cash to go next year.

I am however heading to Melbourne in a week or so to so my GF can see a band.

Avatar image for fissionmailed10
FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo yo!

Mark here from the first one, and the dude wearing the gIANt bomb shirt from a few weeks back.

What are you guys playing!?

Currently still really big on Rocket League, while juggling Fallout 4, CS:GO and NHL 16. I really need to get back into MGS V as I think GOTY stuff will spoil me on some of the later missions and story, but I just can't put Fallout 4 down dammit!

For those that went to PAX, see anything cool?

Got my hands on Super Mutant Alien Assault and played it when I got home back in Sydney, that game is fun as shit, played some with my wife and couldn't put it down for like 3 hours think super crate box but with Co-op and small bite sized missions which really mix up the action definitely recommend.

Desync was also really cool that game has Styyyyyyyyyyle, Hard FPS with neon/glitch style graphics Cool ass synth wave soundtrack and a Bulletstorm style combo system, traps included. Picked up by Adult Swim games who have really been hitting it out of the park lately, look out for that shit next year.

I could go on but I'll leave it at that. Let's keep this thread going!

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fissionmailed10:

Well, I just wrapped up Mad Max, which I enjoyed significantly more than a lot of people seemed to. Fairly boiler-plate open-world shenanigans, but it really nailed the atmosphere and was a gorgeous game.

I'm currently dabbling in some older titles: Shadowgate, Mercenary Kings, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II. I'm probably going to start Wasteland 2 soon, while I wait for Fallout 4 to receive a few decent patches. I want to avoid another save corruption issue this time.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 23

I'm in Melbourne, board games sound fun =D

SKUupin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not in Melbourne, not in Perth, but I guess I might make it to the next PAX Aus? My plans for the first one fell apart at the last minute, and I never did try again.

I'm almost burned out on Fallout 4 at around 30 hours, but the latest Sherlock Holmes game is on sale on PSN at the moment so that seems like a way to go. Or maybe Shadowrun Dragonfall. Or just more GalCiv3.

radaxian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hello from Newcastle!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I'm from Western Sydney.

I have a thread on the GB forums here about Board Games.

Good to see Board Games getting a bit of love.

TGJessie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why I'm posting. Sure, I live in QLD a couple hours out of Brisbane, but I don't attend anything and play very little of the games that are big at any given moment, not to mention am pretty non-social in general anyway.

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Heyo.
From Melbourne, but didn't make it PAX this year.

For some reason I picked up Endless Legend and I'm having the best time gaming in a long while because of it.
It's been fun to play something familiar, yet so very different at the same time. I think the thing that's working for me is the RPG like quests that means you have even more decisions to make then just city building and build order. The design of the races comes into it's own here too as it encourages you to role play a race rather then just min/max your way to a specific victory condition.

Anyway, I'm up for any 40k/AOS/LOTR talk too!

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hey, i was at the meetup with my friend. We came by around your booth the next day, don't think you were around, oh well.

I'm from Melbourne, board games or any other events sounds like a fun thing. In fact i've been trying to get a board game thing going with some friends myself.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fissionmailed10 thanks for the SMAA plug :P Glad you're enjoying it. Don't tell my boss, but it's my favourite game to be working on.

Melbourne folks, will be organising a board game night soon - I'm actually heading over to PlayStation Experience in San Francisco to exhibit next week, so will be out of the country. I saw the GB crew will be there, so hopefully they stop by my booth! I've reached out to Dan to see if we can grab a beer, but he hasn't got back to me yet.

I've been playing Heroes of the Storm on my stream, and then like everyone else, Fallout 4 has consumed my life. I did play some Tomb Raider too, that game seems rad but I've been bitten by the Fallout bug something fierce.

Still need to get back to MGSV and Rebel Galaxy. I just need more time!

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Melbourne-based human here. Super busy with two jobs, but I play what I can. Would be up for board games if schedule allows!

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fram I find that most Melbourne folks are super busy. What I'd give to have a clone of myself!

Board games will probably be happening around Collingwood area. I'm locking down a new venue as our old one (The Cure which is where we held the first Giant Bomb meetup) has changed hands and no longer interested in hosting our board game shenanigans - WHICH SUCKS BECAUSE I NAMED MY BOARD GAME SITE WHISKEY BOARD GAMES BECAUSE WE HAD IT IN A WHISKEY BAR!!!

But yes, I'll keep you posted.

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Signing in from Brisbane - if any of you duders are on PS4, let's get a community going. I need Rocket League buddies!

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FissionMailed10

@macka1080:Yeah I keep meaning to check out Mad Max, loved the new flick as well as the others but stuff just keeps coming out! I'll definitely get it once it drops in price.

@hellerphant: No worries duder, I'll plug anything that is good.

Is it too soon to re-ignite thong beef? ah screw it.

Thongs can go suck it, and whoever wears them with jeans is a wanker!

:p *runs*

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Macka1080

@fissionmailed10: Can we couple this with Crocs-beef? I find those things seriously ugly.

Weeksy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adelaide duder signing in....

FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macka1080: Crocs-beef is forever, seriously how are those things still around and frequently worn around here. A quick trip to the shops up here in Western Sydney and you'll easily see 5 pairs.

yodasears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Missed the meetup... oh well, next time.

@hellerphant Am in Melbourne, and the weekly board game night I run is about to come to an end, so this is of interest to me... and I have a reasonable collection...

Hajitorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Hajitorus

Hello, I am here to rejoice. Spent most of my time in the Indie mega booth blowing smoke up the desync team's asses, unfortunately all that hot air expelled left me a little breathless for the rest of the things there.

I'm Brisbane-based but originally from further north, and I just don't play a hell of a lot anymore, especially not on week nights. At the moment I'm kind of tooling around with Undertale (hoping to finish it before GOTY deliberations) and Xenoblade Chronicles while I await the release of Xenocross.

I also plan to serendipitously meet the rest of the beastcast crew just because they turn up at places I go for holidays.

Oh and thank you to anyone/everyone who organised and turned up for the meet up; I would like to be able to do that every year if possible!

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hellerphant

Sounds good @yodasears! I'll try and get one planned for December if possible, but a lot of places will be booked for holiday shenanigans I bet.

@fissionmailed10 man, seriously the thongs and jeans thing needs to stop. It's an epidemic here in Melbourne. IF IT'S TOO COLD TO WEAR SHORTS, IT'S TOO COLD TO WEAR THONGS!

Seriously, some people are monsters!

@hajitorus was so good to meet you at the event duder, will definitely be happy to organise it again next year :)

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what are you aussie duders up to this weekend? Any cool happenings going on? We should organise to all meetup and play some game online sometime soon?

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellerphant: I'm up for some online meetups, even if I can't make the in-person ones (as you said, Melbourne seems to be an insatiable time-sink!) Not sure what multiplayer games everyone's playing; I've really only jumped into Rocket League and and Marvel Heroes of late.

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellerphant: I'm back on the Bloodborne train to try and see if I can clear the base game before I jump into the DLC - if anyone's around that can help me out with Cainhurst onwards that'd be swell. PSN is D43M0N_au_ !

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Brisbane duder here. PSN is StackboyRoyale and my Xbox account is Stackboy Royale.

hunter456285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hunter456285

Perth duder here, never posted on the forums before but this seemed like a good place to start.

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition so it will be that and football all weekend.
Plus the local school is having a fete which means cake will have to be included as well.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you guys want to setup a Discord server or something we could use that both as a chatroom and a voicechat channel for playing games online. Seems like it could be a good idea.

alphanull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By alphanull

setup a Discord server

Done and done.

http://giantbomb.australia.ai OR https://discordapp.com/invite/0fOlr4QvX6zfLtqX

If you would like to modify/moderate the server, give us a yell and I'll promote you!

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna bum around in the Discord server, seems like a good idea!

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great stuff! I'll try to check in on the Discord server regularly, so say hi!

MrAmbiguous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrAmbiguous

Hey, what's up! I'm in Melbourne. A board game meetup would be cool, I've got a couple games. :)

hunter456285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Discords a good idea, ill be on there every so often to.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some good gaming happening this weekend! I'm squeezing in as much Elite Dangerous as I can before I leave for San Francisco next week - going to be playing Fallout 4 then as I won't have a good enough connection for online games (I need something to keep me awake for the two days before the show!)

Welcome @hunter456285, hope you post and hang out here!

Discord is a great idea, @alphanull can you make me a mod?

@mrambiguous when I get a date locked in you should definitely come along for board games!

As for multiplayer games, I'm thinking a few free-to-play ones could be good (so everyone can be included), but I'm also up for splitting off into groups for other games too! Some of the ones I was thinking about:

Warframe
Team Fortress 2
World of Warships
Guild Wars 2
Star Wars The Old Republic (it's a lot better now that it has some good content :P)

And other games I'm personally keen to play include Elite Dangerous, Rocket League and Vermintide!

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down for some Warframe - haven't played for a while and have heard good things. I've also been toying with the idea of checking out The Old Republic so let me know what everyone's thoughts on that are and I might get around to downloading it.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@D43MON I'd happily start a new character and run through with people. I treat it more as a casual MMO rather than putting in 6 hour sessions.

krushr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Another Brisbane duder here, be cool to play with some of the other Aussies from Giant Bomb. I'm on PS4 and PC these days.

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@D43MON I'd happily start a new character and run through with people. I treat it more as a casual MMO rather than putting in 6 hour sessions.

Sweet, I'm download/installing it now. Keen to check it out at some point.