Bad Steam Support Experience (Frozen Synapse)

• 63 results
BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BobBarker

So I've been going back and forth with Steam Support over an incorrect "refund" that support refuses to reverse. I had purchased the "Complete Edition" to Frozen Synapse when it was on daily sale, at the time I was unaware that it contained a "gift" because in this unusual case it was not specified in the product title. When I went back to my Steam client it informed me that I had a duplicate game and that I was being given a gift voucher instead. I went to Steam Support asking them why this was since I did not believe I had already owned Frozen Synapse and that the website did not inform me like it usually does when purchasing a duplicate. At this point I personally believe support should have done their due diligence and informed me that I had purchased a 2-pack. Instead I was then offered a "one time only" refund in store credit which I accepted under the assumption that I must have accidentally bought the game twice. When I went back to my Steam Client both my game and gift were gone so I asked support why this was only to learn that the "Complete Edition" was in fact a 2-pack. Now knowing this information I requested a reversal of the refund since I hadn't touched my store credit at all. Support replied stating that they do not reverse refunds (no reason given) and that I should purchase the game again at its new price

Sigh, now I'm debating if I should just bite the bullet and buy Frozen Synapse for 2x the price (and just 1 license).

tldr; Steam refunded a game I didn't want refunded, refuses to reverse it.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

Tbh that's your fault for not reading properly, it says right in the description for the complete pack it is a 2 pack.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I am looking at the page and it says in the complete pack it has two games in it.  

Includes two copies of Frozen Synapse - Send the extra copy of the game to a friend. 

Also its only 14 bucks right now. 
49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 49th

It's your fault I'm afraid. Hopefully you can wait for a flash sale and get it cheap again. Just buy the complete edition with your store credit and get all the DLC and stuff back.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By crusader8463

It sucks, but it's your fault. I spend all day telling people what is covered by their warranty, HTC Smart phones, and I can tell you now that you are wasting your time if you try to fight what they are saying. They have systems in place and rules that must be followed, so if they say there is nothing to be done then there is nothing to be done. Contrary to popular opinion support doesn't just sit around going "Neener neener I could help you but I'm not going to!" Every time they say that they can't do anything for you.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@crusader8463 said:

It sucks, but it's your fault. I spend all day telling people what is covered by their warranty, HTC Smart phones, and I can tell you now that you are wasting your time if you try to fight what they are saying. They have systems in place and rules that must be followed, so if they say there is nothing to be done then there is nothing to be done. Contrary to popular opinion support doesn't just sit around going "Neener neener I could help you but I'm not going to!" Every time they say that they can't do anything for you.

Sir. Why wont you refund my phone? You never said it would void my warretny if I threw it into a bon fire. 
BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BobBarker

I understand that I should have fully read the description but as someone who's worked in support as well I understand the requirement for support to do their due diligence when it comes to requests. Invalid or ambiguous requests should be clarified before action is taken. When customer provided information does not match up with your actions then something is wrong and should be investigated. I don't want to say either party is at fault, just that the lack of understanding and compromise on an issue that does not cost them anything at all and that is technically not difficult. As a steam user of over 7 years (since beta basically) and hundreds of dollars spent you'd think they'd take my money back.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BobBarker

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@crusader8463 said:

Sir. Why wont you refund my phone? You never said it would void my warretny if I threw it into a bon fire.

Please don't troll my thread, your sarcasm isn't warranted or applicable.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@BobBarker said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@crusader8463 said:

Im not trolling you at all. You did not read the info right. And the reps did exactly as you asked. They gave you a refund. Just wait and im sure it will go back on flash sale. A few games on my wishlist have gone on it twice so simmer down and wait. 
maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By maginnovision

@BobBarker said:

I understand that I should have fully read the description but as someone who's worked in support as well I understand the requirement for support to do their due diligence when it comes to requests. Invalid or ambiguous requests should be clarified before action is taken. When customer provided information does not match up with your actions then something is wrong and should be investigated. I don't want to say either party is at fault, just that the lack of understanding and compromise on an issue that does not cost them anything at all and that is technically not difficult. As a steam user of over 7 years (since beta basically) and hundreds of dollars spent you'd think they'd take my money back.

They WILL take your money back, sounds like you're trying to decide whether or not to give it to them.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BobBarker

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@BobBarker said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@crusader8463 said:

Im not trolling you at all. You did not read the info right. And the reps did exactly as you asked. They gave you a refund. Just wait and im sure it will go back on flash sale. A few games on my wishlist have gone on it twice so simmer down and wait.

No, I had sent an inquiry to why I had 2 licenses to a product that I had only purchased once. I was offered a refund for what I believed was one of the license while in reality there was only ever 1 license. In essence what I asked to be refunded never existed and that they refunded something that I never asked them to. If I want to go into sarcastic analogy land it's like asking your phone support why you were sent two phones, being offered a refund on one of them and then having both of your phones taken all because of a side-promotion on a plan that otherwise is not labeled as a family/group plan. I've never seen a multi-pack on Steam that was not specifically titled as such until now which I feel is misleading.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@BobBarker said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@BobBarker said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@crusader8463 said:

No, I had sent an inquiry to why I had 2 licenses to a product that I had only purchased once. I was offered a refund for what I believed was one of the license while in reality there was only ever 1 license. In essence what I asked to be refunded never existed and that they refunded something that I never asked them to. If I want to go into sarcastic analogy land it's like asking your phone support why you were sent two phones, being offered a refund on one of them and then having both of your phones taken all because of a side-promotion on a plan that otherwise is not labeled as a family/group plan. I've never seen a multi-pack on Steam that was not specifically titled as such until now which I feel is misleading.

Includes two copies of Frozen Synapse - Send the extra copy of the game to a friend.

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends July 23rd 

Looks pretty blatant to me. 
CommanderZx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CommanderZx2

I'm not really sure what the problem is here... you asked for a refund, they gave you one. Now if you still want the game why not simply buy it again?

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BobBarker

Perhaps there's a misunderstanding. I never asked for a refund, it was presented to me as a solution to a problem that never existed. I don't see how in any world this is consider okay or fair.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By maginnovision

@BobBarker: "I was then offered a "one time only" refund in store credit which I accepted" You accepted a refund. You didn't really read what you were buying so the refund didn't do what you thought it would. This is totally on you. They fixed your problem, you no longer have an extra copy.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Baillie

Oh god, you're an idiot. You fucked up, you accepted the refund. You didn't read it properly, you had a chance to figure out why you had two copies, then you had a chance to accept the refund or not. You screwed up 3 times and now you're passing the blame to customer support.

You're fault.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
No Caption Provided
Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Popogeejo

@BobBarker said:

Perhaps there's a misunderstanding. I never asked for a refund, it was presented to me as a solution to a problem that never existed. I don't see how in any world this is consider okay or fair.

It's not Steams fault you didn't understand the product you bought. You're the one who went to them with your imagined problem.

I'm looking at the store page right now and the complete pack is 60% off. How much did the daily sale take off 75%? Bite the bullet and pay the extra amount and consider it "Failing to read" tax or quit complaining.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Jimbo

I think Frozen Synapse has always been sold as a 2-pack. I'm not sure it's even possible to buy a single copy.

I can understand the confusion, because it is a rare case, but I wouldn't expect them to have systems in place to perform a reverse refund.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By mtcantor

Man, you got what you asked for. They aren't there to hold your hand for you.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BobBarker

If people aren't going to bother to actually read my posts and just jump to conclusions about "what I asked for" then this thread may as well get deleted/locked since it just seems like the trolls are coming out to play. As someone with over 6 years of IT support experience in a variety of positions and tiers I can assure you all that this situation should never have happened and probably would not have happened if Steam Support wasn't being crushed under the sales load and had enough time to do their due diligence instead of automatically offering refunds for something that doesn't exist.

Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Popogeejo

The sale passed. You fucked up. You may as well complain you just missed the flash sale.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mtcantor

YOU made the mistake here. The only mistake that Valve made was trusting that you knew what you were asking for. Again, it's not their role to read your mind.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BobBarker

@Popogeejo said:

The sale passed. You fucked up. You may as well complain you just missed the flash sale.

wtf are you talking about? If you're going to troll at least be relevant.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mrpandaman

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends July 23rd

Under the title it says it includes two copies of Frozen Synapse along with the other stuff such as the soundtrack and the DLC. I don't know what you had said to the support, but they must have thought that you bought the game on accident. The first mistake is on you, because you didn't properly read what you were getting. Own up to that mistake, we all make that mistake.

The second mistake, may partially be your fault and may be Steam support's fault. As I said, I don't what you said to support, but that may have led to the refund and the games no longer being there.

But to be honest and not sound like an asshole or troll, this seems to have started because you didn't properly read what you were getting. The customer first, must do their due diligence before blaming support for not doing theirs.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dezztroy
@mtcantor said:

YOU made the mistake here. The only mistake that Valve made was trusting that you knew what you were asking for. Again, it's not their role to read your mind.

This, pretty much. Had you taken 2 minutes to find out why you had an extra copy of the game (or, god forbid, actually read what you are buying before you buy it) you wouldn't be in this situation.
Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Popogeejo

You bought an item in a sale.

You didn't read what it was, despite it being very clear.

You asked for your money back and got it.

You realised your mistake and want to have the game at the flash sale price but can't because that time has gone.

In short; You want the game at the flash sale price but can't.

You basically missed the sale because you can't read.

I'm not a troll. No one here is a troll. We are not trolls just because we think you are wrong. Buy the game at 60% off and stop whining that Steam trusted your judgement.

Refunds exist (in part) for cases when someone buys something by mistake and want their money back. Now you want a system to fix mistakes based on mistakes. Maybe just don't make mistakes or, if you do since you seem to be human, don't just run for tech support. Check the games shop page. That alone would have solved all your problems. Ask the forums. Ask here.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BobBarker

Sigh,

FACT: There has never been a multi-pack game on Steam that has not specifically stated it in the game title with the exception of this game.

FACT: The Steam client specifically states that you've purchased a DUPLICATE game and did not state anything about it being part of a multipack.

FACT: I never asked for a refund, I asked why I had a gift voucher.

FACT: No one posting in this thread has fully read every description for every game they've ever bought on Steam.

FACT: This is a useless waste of a thread

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mtcantor

@BobBarker said:

Hey! At last we can find common ground!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By The_Nubster

@BobBarker said:

Sigh,

FACT: There has never been a multi-pack game on Steam that has not specifically stated it in the game title with the exception of this game.

FACT: The Steam client specifically states that you've purchased a DUPLICATE game and did not state anything about it being part of a multipack.

FACT: No one posting in this thread has fully read every description for every game they've ever bought on Steam.

FACT: This isn't true.

FACT: You didn't purchase a duplicate, you purchased a two-pack, and the description stated this very clearly.

FACT: You said earlier, quite explicitly, that you "accepted a refund," which implies that you were given the option and made a decision to take it. If that isn't the case, be more clear with your language.

FACT: I do this every time, and guess what? I've never mistakenly purchased anything.

FACT: . . . No, wait, this is correct.

Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Popogeejo

"No one reads every description" is kind of stupid. IN every single form FS is sold it clearly says, right next to "Add to cart" "comes with two copies"

You goofed and that's a shame but deal with it.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mrpandaman

@BobBarker said:

Sigh,

You're complaining about something that started because that first mistake was 100% undeniably your fault. You lay the blame on the Steam Support, because of something you may have said that made them believe you had mistakenly bought the game. They offer the refund and you accepted it probably not fully realizing what that refund was for. As others have said, they're not there to read your mind.

Also I do read what I'm getting especially if in the title it says something like BUNDLE PACK, or COMPLETE PACK , or some other kind of pack. If it is going to include something else in there, I read EXACTLY what I am going to get. So that is not a fact.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mrpandaman
No Caption Provided

I'm going to assume this is what you bought, because you did say complete edition. But it doesn't matter, because as someone else stated, if you buy Frozen Synapse you get a gift copy for a friend.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BobBarker

Woot, half-way to getting the popularity contest achievement.

Atlantus_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Atlantus_Air

Did you even check your card to see if you were double charged? Don't ask for a refund if you weren't even sure. That's just stupid. You misread the product, blatantly assumed you had been double-charged, requested a refund because you weren't even smart enough to check, and when you get your refund you request a reversal of it and blame the entire ordeal on Steam. Do you even understand that everything that happened is directly your fault?

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By maginnovision

@BobBarker: Unfortunately it's for the wrong reasons.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Raethen

@BobBarker:

Frozen Synapse has come with two because it is a predominately multiplayer game, and Mode 7 wanted it to spread around and have as large of a player base as possible. The second gift code isn't advertised because it has been there since it was first released, you cannot buy a single license of the game to my knowledge. It is very easy to miss this text, as it is some of the smallest on the page, but this text is not on every game so it does kind of stick out. However, if you were sure you hadn't purchased the game in the past, your first actions should have been to check your steam receipt, download history(every game you have ever purchased or activated through Steam is listed on an offshoot of your profile page), and checked the Frozen Synapse store page. Even plugging in Frozen Synapse into google will get you to the info you needed, most message boards that have a Frozen Synapse section have threads giving away second copies.

HOWEVER, Steam support did make a mistake in not reading your support claim. More than likely they have a robot that scans through emails looking for key words and when those requirements are filled, they auto send an offer for a refund. This isn't always the case, but with the sales they tend to give out refunds much more readily. Hell I remember when refunds from Steam were nearly unheard of. Had this not been during a sales event, you may have gotten then answers you were looking for.

Overall, both you and Steam support take some of the blame, unfortunately it is mainly on you. As someone who has worked in IT, you should know the steps to take before contacting support. After contacting support and getting the offer for a refund, you did not have to take it and then could have looked into the situation. Even posting of a forum (whether the Steam Boards or here) would have gotten you the answer you were looking for.

Asking for you games back is not possible, as agreeing to the refund exempted you from this. If you want the game, you will have to purchase it again, but i would wait until the end of the sale as it may go back down to that lower price in the final days.

As for calling everyone who disagrees with you or tells you how you screwed up trolls. That is quite despicable. Nearly every post that had more than one line explained their reasons for why Steam wasn't to blame, and did so without attacks towards you. Many people have in this thread have tried to state why this situation was on you, and quite eloquently, and disregarding them and calling them names has not helped your case at all.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I'd agree that customer service should have actually read what the issue was and told you it was a 2-pack, thats a real dumb mistake.

That being said, unfortunately you kinda shit the bed on this one. I can be pretty lackadaisical when it comes to reading stuff and even I picked up that it was a 2-pack immediately. Two silly mistakes compounded I guess. I don't know if you can get too mad at steam support.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BobBarker

@Raethen said:

@BobBarker:

Frozen Synapse has come with two because it is a predominately multiplayer game, and Mode 7 wanted it to spread around and have as large of a player base as possible. The second gift code isn't advertised because it has been there since it was first released, you cannot buy a single license of the game to my knowledge. It is very easy to miss this text, as it is some of the smallest on the page, but this text is not on every game so it does kind of stick out. However, if you were sure you hadn't purchased the game in the past, your first actions should have been to check your steam receipt, download history(every game you have ever purchased or activated through Steam is listed on an offshoot of your profile page), and checked the Frozen Synapse store page. Even plugging in Frozen Synapse into google will get you to the info you needed, most message boards that have a Frozen Synapse section have threads giving away second copies.

HOWEVER, Steam support did make a mistake in not reading your support claim. More than likely they have a robot that scans through emails looking for key words and when those requirements are filled, they auto send an offer for a refund. This isn't always the case, but with the sales they tend to give out refunds much more readily. Hell I remember when refunds from Steam were nearly unheard of. Had this not been during a sales event, you may have gotten then answers you were looking for.

Overall, both you and Steam support take some of the blame, unfortunately it is mainly on you. As someone who has worked in IT, you should know the steps to take before contacting support. After contacting support and getting the offer for a refund, you did not have to take it and then could have looked into the situation. Even posting of a forum (whether the Steam Boards or here) would have gotten you the answer you were looking for.

Asking for you games back is not possible, as agreeing to the refund exempted you from this. If you want the game, you will have to purchase it again, but i would wait until the end of the sale as it may go back down to that lower price in the final days.

As for calling everyone who disagrees with you or tells you how you screwed up trolls. That is quite despicable. Nearly every post that had more than one line explained their reasons for why Steam wasn't to blame, and did so without attacks towards you. Many people have in this thread have tried to state why this situation was on you, and quite eloquently, and disregarding them and calling them names has not helped your case at all.

I first want to thank you for actually bothering to read and understand my situation, you seem to be one of the few (unfortunately). I completely accept that I had made the initial mistake of not understanding that Frozen Synapse always comes with 2 copies and at no point have I said that I was blameless. Although I disagree that I called everyone a troll, I only called two people trolls (for obvious reasons) and mentioned that I felt further trolls would be attracted. I also disagree that people have been eloquent because most replies have involved the name calling you accuse me of. Overall most replies have been highly critical and unhelpful.

EDIT: Eh fuck it, I have to get back to work, I have to get a local repository setup for the end of the day. Do you know if deleting my top post will kill this thread?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ravenlight

@BobBarker said:

EDIT: Eh fuck it, I have to get back to work, I have to get a local repository setup for the end of the day. Do you know if deleting my top post will kill this thread?

If you PM the mods, you can request it be locked. Hopefully your future Steam/Giant Bomb experiences will turn out more positively :/

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By maginnovision

@Ravenlight said:

@BobBarker said:

If you PM the mods, you can request it be locked. Hopefully your future Steam/Giant Bomb experiences will turn out more positively :/

I think that pretty heavily depends on him.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Raethen

@BobBarker:

Okay, I skipped over a few comments and didn't read the few people that called you names. I tend to skip over short posts as they tend not to have anything to add to the conversation. A lot of what is in my post was said by someone else, its just that it's on the internet so the post may seem meaner then they are intended to be. You may have only called out one person specifically as being a troll (which he wasn't, he was joking around with another poster) but you state that people should stop trolling you multiple times, and from my experiences on the net, calling out trolls just makes them push harder.

If it is any consolation, I have a copy of Bastion you could have, it may not be Frozen Synapse, but it is far better in my opinion.

Avatar image for zombie_shakespeare
Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Raethen said:

@BobBarker:

Okay, I skipped over a few comments and didn't read the few people that called you names. I tend to skip over short posts as they tend not to have anything to add to the conversation. A lot of what is in my post was said by someone else, its just that it's on the internet so the post may seem meaner then they are intended to be. You may have only called out one person specifically as being a troll (which he wasn't, he was joking around with another poster) but you state that people should stop trolling you multiple times, and from my experiences on the net, calling out trolls just makes them push harder.

If it is any consolation, I have a copy of Bastion you could have, it may not be Frozen Synapse, but still an excellent game.

I'm sorry, you're offering this guy a free game because he got angry at someone else for a mistake he made?

I don't think that's going to help this situation at all, with respect.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BobBarker

@Raethen said:

@BobBarker:

If it is any consolation, I have a copy of Bastion you could have, it may not be Frozen Synapse, but still an excellent game.

Thanks for the offer but I already have a copy. Honestly from what I've read it seems you're the only one whose really understood the miscommunication factor. Everyone else seems to have skimmed the posts or just decided to make a judgment off of my tldr (my mistake I guess). Although I think I'm pretty correct in my accusations of trolling, I mean... just look at this thread. If I didn't know any better I'd guess this was TOTSE or something. I guess I can understand why the forums have a bad reputation.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Raethen

@Zombie_Shakespeare:

I'm just being kind. He may have made a mistake, but he still missed out on a game, I'm just offering one that I have an extra of, that is a superior experience (IMO). He may not deserve it, but I'm still offering it.

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Raethen said:

@Zombie_Shakespeare:

I'm just being kind. He may have made a mistake, but he still missed out on a game, I'm just offering one that I have an extra of, that is a superior experience (IMO). He may not deserve it, but I'm still offering it.

No, I know, and it's nice to see. Reflects well on you.

@BobBarker said:

@Raethen said:

@BobBarker:

Thanks for the offer but I already have a copy. Honestly from what I've read it seems you're the only one whose really understood the miscommunication factor. Everyone else seems to have skimmed the posts or just decided to make a judgment off of my tldr (my mistake I guess). Although I think I'm pretty correct in my accusations of trolling, I mean... just look at this thread. If I knew any better I'd guess this was TOTSE or something. I guess I can understand why the forums have a bad reputation.

I also don't think playing the victim is going to help.

You lashed out at people because, yes, they mocked your mistake. But you made the mistake and then you made a further mistake of trying to brush people with legitimate points off condescendingly, by calling them trolls and insisting they did not understand the situation, when you were the one who outlined it.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BobBarker

@Zombie_Shakespeare said:

@Raethen said:

@Zombie_Shakespeare:

@BobBarker said:

@Raethen said:

@BobBarker:

Thanks for the offer but I already have a copy. Honestly from what I've read it seems you're the only one whose really understood the miscommunication factor. Everyone else seems to have skimmed the posts or just decided to make a judgment off of my tldr (my mistake I guess). Although I think I'm pretty correct in my accusations of trolling, I mean... just look at this thread. If I knew any better I'd guess this was TOTSE or something. I guess I can understand why the forums have a bad reputation.

You lashed out at people because, yes, they mocked your mistake. But you made the mistake and then you made a further mistake of trying to brush people with legitimate points off condescendingly, by calling them trolls and insisting they did not understand the situation, when you were the one who outlined it.

Thanks for making my point.

PS. Ding! Step 6.

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BobBarker said:

@Zombie_Shakespeare said:

@Raethen said:

@Zombie_Shakespeare:

@BobBarker said:

@Raethen said:

@BobBarker:

Thanks for making my point.

PS. Ding! Step 6.

Whatever you say. I've read and understood every post in the thread. Hopefully, like you said, we can get this locked and move past it.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jams

@BobBarker said:

@Raethen said:

@BobBarker:

Thanks for the offer but I already have a copy. Honestly from what I've read it seems you're the only one whose really understood the miscommunication factor. Everyone else seems to have skimmed the posts or just decided to make a judgment off of my tldr (my mistake I guess). Although I think I'm pretty correct in my accusations of trolling, I mean... just look at this thread. If I didn't know any better I'd guess this was TOTSE or something. I guess I can understand why the forums have a bad reputation.

Sorry about what happened dude. I hear Steam is notorious for having hard ass CSR's. It was your fault, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't accommodate you anyways. I mean, I know WHY they don't, but in the end, they're just voiding their original support. I know Amazon would have helped you out, but I don't know why Steam is always so brutal. Oh yeah and some people on these forums do seem like they're being extra cunt like lately.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BobBarker

@Jams said:

@BobBarker said:

@Raethen said:

@BobBarker:

Sorry about what happened dude. I hear Steam is notorious for having hard ass CSR's. It was your fault, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't accommodate you anyways. I mean, I know WHY they don't, but in the end, they're just voiding their original support. I know Amazon would have helped you out, but I don't know why Steam is always so brutal. Oh yeah and some people on these forums do seem like they're being extra cunt like lately.

Now I feel like I need to personally thank anyone who creates a reasonable reply, so thanks.

PS. Step 7, man, I'm really going to get this aren't I?