Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo @ Toys R' Us

MutieLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MutieLover

Today I was at at the local Toys R' Us ( North Riverside, IL) looking for a copy of "Last Odyssey" when I came across a preview of "Arkham"...which was surprising because I didn't know that it was out. Has anyone else come across that?

I was really impressed with the game play. The demo was just wave after wave of attacking lackeys so no stealthing around, but the mechanics are simple but elegant. You can attack, stun nearby foes with a cape flip, do a cool flip/dodge, and when alerted of an oncoming attack you interrupt that attack and reverse it. Once you get use to the mechanics you can leap back and forth through the crowd of attackers, chaining and setting up for combos before they can respond properly. If you focus too much on one enemy though the others get a chance to unload with their guns. The Joker cackling at the minions and offering Harley Quinn to the dude who could kill the bat was a nice touch.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I haven't heard of such a demo existing and my local TRU doesn't even have demo kiosks in their store (besides one DS of course).

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By weltal

Interesting. My local Toys R' Us is a fifteen minute drive away so I'm never there. Damned if this doesn't make me want to take a drive out and see if we've got that setup.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

Guess you're just lucky then, I know for a fact my TRU wouldn't have such a thing, its a piece of garbage.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

My local TRU doesn't have any video game demo machines.  The Wal-mart does, but nothing at the toy store. And they wonder why they're losing business to Wal-mart.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By c1337us

I wish my local Toys R Us had such a setup. The nearest one to me does have some pretty good specials from time to time but it doesnt have a demo setup of any description. There arent too many places that have them at all around where I live mostly just Gametraders and Harvey Norman. Not like the good ol' days when just about every game that sold a game would have a demo display set up somewhere.