• 87 results
distortedwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By distortedwon

BattleField4 beta confirmed for Medal of Honor Pre-order bonus. Seems a little early to announce this since they only released one expansion for BF3.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Surprised it wasn't BF:BC3...I wonder if that might be dead now?0

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

At first I thought this was just a photoshop or something but The Verge confirms it's legit. What the fuck, EA. Come on.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Wemibelle

I too thought this was fake at first. Guess it still could be some kind of mistake? Very strange.

Also, there have been two expansions for Battlefield 3.

composite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By composite

Yeah, seriously. I thought Bf 3 was going to be supported a long time and be the anti COD as far as yearly release cycles go. This kind of nonsense makes MoH and BF look like just black ops and modern warfare equivalents.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Crackdown sales tactics.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Buy the next BF3 DLC to get into the BF5 beta while you play Warfucker to guarantee a BF4 beta code which grants you BF6 sex 

@Cubical said:

Nobody gives a fuck about that console noob dumb down bad company crap.

Thank god they are making real battlefield games now.

That made me fuzzy inside
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iam3green

is the $69.99 real? i hope that it's not real, i don't want to spend 70 for a new game in the future.

i don't know if i would get the game. 3 was different than 2.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShaggE

I came into this thread thinking "Are we seriously going to start talking about BF4 already?"... you can imagine how I feel after seeing that pic. :/

Also: : Wow. Way to be the worst thing about the gaming community.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Vinny_Says

who the hell is sitting around bored because he wants to play battlefield 4?

Seriously, someone at DICE better be working on Bad Company. I don't care when it is set....WW2, Vietnam, Cold War special ops or in the damn future....I just want my rag tag team of burnouts getting up to no good driving trucks and stealing gold. Or you know, finish that whole "Russians are invading" thing from BC2 if you want....

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By landon

Remember when people thought that Battlefield 3 was the second coming of Christ and would save us from the shitty COD games?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

What?

No.

No, no, no, please DICE, no...

No!

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AthleticShark

Why is the game 69.99?

Edit: Digital Deluxe edition.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grissefar

BF 4 aka BF 1942 11.

@Cubical said:

Nobody gives a fuck about that console noob dumb down bad company crap.

Thank god they are making real battlefield games now.

That's funny, given the fact that those games are pretty fucking similar.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spartanlolz92

its probably gonna be futuristic considering that they had easter eggs in bf3 saying 2143.

they may just not want to announce a specific title yet or changed their mind about the title.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeforgotten

So "Battlefield 4 Beta" suddenly means "Everything is done. Battlefield 4 will come out in 2012" 
You guys do know that Betas can last for a long long time, right? I mean, right now I'm even in Closed Beta for a game that's been in development for a long ass time. So far the beta has been going on for 2 years and the game is looking good. 
That's really all I can say about that game though. But yeah, /out-of-a-bunch-panties

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AthleticShark

@spartanlolz92:

I honestly wouldn't mind a sequel to 2142. I really loved the game and concept of it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

Well, I hope it's not just some entirely new story and it at least adds to what BF3 did. I was a bit surprised by BF3 campaign 'cause I enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting, that's probably only due to the sound and visuals that helped the game along though. It was fun. I just imagine this being a different story since what happened in three was pretty closed up.

Oh yeah, I'm talking about this like someone actually cares. Maybe the game won't even have a campaign! I probably wouldn't buy it then though... Anyways, I hope it continues and expands on the same characters from the first, although I totally forgot all of their names because they're not that memorable other than voice is visual, and the campaign's a little bit longer.

Whatever, just make another Battlefield with a campaign and make it good.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By SpawnMan

I really hope DICE isn't turning Battlefield into Modern Warfare. AKA, release a game every six months with less than a couple of changes. I like my Battlefield because it's well planned and isn't spammed! Gears of War has sold out, don't let BF do it too... :..(

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Grissefar

@ZeForgotten said:

So "Battlefield 4 Beta" suddenly means "Everything is done. Battlefield 4 will come out in 2012" You guys do know that Betas can last for a long long time, right? I mean, right now I'm even in Closed Beta for a game that's been in development for a long ass time. So far the beta has been going on for 2 years and the game is looking good. That's really all I can say about that game though. But yeah, /out-of-a-bunch-panties

Did you know, betas are actually often used for commercial purposes rather than testing purposes? This is especially true when it comes to EA and Ubisoft.

Also, I love how people actually thought BF3 would be some kind of miracle and yet today nobody it playing it. Every time I log into MW3 on PS3, I see the same amount of players or more, as on all BF3 platforms combined. I mean, what happened? There is a real disconnect between the amount of praise and the amount of players, although to be fair, I haven't seen a lot of praise of the game lately. Perhaps people figured it wasn't as fun after all.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#21  Edited By BeachThunder

=( B-b-but Mirror's Edge 2...

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zeforgotten
@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

So "Battlefield 4 Beta" suddenly means "Everything is done. Battlefield 4 will come out in 2012" You guys do know that Betas can last for a long long time, right? I mean, right now I'm even in Closed Beta for a game that's been in development for a long ass time. So far the beta has been going on for 2 years and the game is looking good. That's really all I can say about that game though. But yeah, /out-of-a-bunch-panties

Did you know, betas are actually often used for commercial purposes rather than testing purposes? This is especially true when it comes to EA and Ubisoft.

Also, I love how people actually thought BF3 would be some kind of miracle and yet today nobody it playing it. Every time I log into MW3 on PS3, I see the same amount of players or more, as on all BF3 platforms combined. I mean, what happened? There is a real disconnect between the amount of praise and the amount of players, although to be fair, I haven't seen a lot of praise of the game lately. Perhaps people figured it wasn't as fun after all.

I know they are, but that doesn't change that they can go on forever before a game is coming out. 

Not even gonna get in to the dumb hate-bandwagon for Battlefield 3 with you trolls. 
"Nobody is playing" riiight, 800+ full servers with a player count of 64 just with one search shows that at least someone is playing it :P
Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Grissefar

@ZeForgotten said:

@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I know they are, but that doesn't change that they can go on forever before a game is coming out. Not even gonna get in to the dumb hate-bandwagon for Battlefield 3 with you trolls. "Nobody is playing" riiight, 800+ full servers with a player count of 64 just with one search shows that at least someone is playing it :P

Checked right now.

BF3 online, across all platforms: 104k

MW3 online just on PS3: 340k.

In spite of the fact that they sold around the same. And on Xbox there's probably twice as many online. So what happened? Did the tanks get boring or what? Perhaps going 11-8 in a 30 minute match was boring? I don't know, but something doesn't add up.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Samaritan

Wait, why is MOH:WF $69 now?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zeforgotten
@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I know they are, but that doesn't change that they can go on forever before a game is coming out. Not even gonna get in to the dumb hate-bandwagon for Battlefield 3 with you trolls. "Nobody is playing" riiight, 800+ full servers with a player count of 64 just with one search shows that at least someone is playing it :P

Checked right now.

In spite of the fact that they sold around the same. And on Xbox there's probably twice as many online. So what happened? Did the tanks get boring or what? Perhaps going 11-8 in a 30 minute match was boring? I don't know, but something doesn't add up.

You have some serious issues, man. 
Why are you so mad that a lot of people, despite all your efforts to say otherwise(good effort though! you get an F for that :D) are still playing BF3? 
Can't you just, you know, play the game you seem to enjoy more? 
Carousel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Carousel

Buy this shitty military shooter to get early access to an upcoming military shooter!

trav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By trav

Pricing the sequel to the failed MW3 competitor at higher than any full-priced "premium" game is a terrible strategy. I already wait for price drops on all but one or two games a year, this is really pushing it.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28  Edited By zyn

Coming Soon! Battlefield 5, 2014!

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Grissefar

@ZeForgotten said:

@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Checked right now.

You have some serious issues, man. Why are you so mad that a lot of people, despite all your efforts to say otherwise(good effort though! you get an F for that :D) are still playing BF3? Can't you just, you know, play the game you seem to enjoy more?

Wow good point there, man. I guess I just prefer numbers when comparing two things, as they tend to lie less often. My rant was more directed at BF3 elitists than you but I guess it didn't look that way. Ha ! Ha ! As for MW3, I don't love everything about it, but I still managed to put a good couple hundred hours into it so I guess that says something.

Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Chojin

@Grissefar said:

Wow good point there, man. I guess I just prefer numbers when comparing two things, as they tend to lie less often. My rant was more directed at BF3 elitists than you but I guess it didn't look that way. Ha ! Ha ! As for MW3, I don't love everything about it, but I still managed to put a good couple hundred hours into it so I guess that says something.

So have the five guys at my work who buys 3 games a year. FIFA, Need for speed and CoD. They were also obsessed with Angry Birds and Farmville when those games came. CoD have become so mainstream that you should know that many, many people playing that game are people like these guys. They`re not really interested in games like you and I. The ones I`m talking about here don’t even know what BF3 is, except “it’s probably a shitty CoD copy” (their words).

If you subtract all these “semi casuals”, I wouldn’t be surprised if we, the core gamers, are split pretty much equally between the two. After all, they`re both great games but offer very different experiences:)

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By ChadMasterFlash
@BeachThunder said:

Pretty much sums it up
willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By willin

@BeachThunder said:

YOU WILL BUY BATTLEFIELD 4 AT FULL PRICE AND YOU. WILL. LIKE IT.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sasnake

just because it has beta access, dosent mean the beta will even be this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Battlefield 4 will probably be late 2013 or early 2014, which isn't a horrible timeframe from BF3 to BF4. If people expected the time from BF3 to BF4 to be similar to BF2 to BF3 then it's their own damn fault for being upset about this.

Personally I'm fairly interested in MOH:Warfighter and would like to see a Bad Company 3 instead... OR Mirror's Edge 2 PLEASE!

I could be interested in BF4, but right now, BF3 didn't make me interested in any sequels - especially not so soon - maybe if they go all future, with flying bases and mechs and all that shit.

I want crazy future weapons and vehicles, more interesting / dynamic maps/gamemodes, and I would like people to be more resilient, taking more hits before going down.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By alternate

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Surprised it wasn't BF:BC3...I wonder if that might be dead now?0

I suspect BC will be back in some form but BF3 sold well so the instructions from on high will be to milk it while it is hot.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By Humanity

I got bored with BF3 pretty quick and I played the hell out of both BF2 and Bad Company 2. I think the maps just weren't very good, for me anyway.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vodun

Ok I love me some BF, but fuck you EA for making DICE do this. Let them do something else for a while. This is too soon.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CheapPoison

@composite said:

Yeah, seriously. I thought Bf 3 was going to be supported a long time and be the anti COD as far as yearly release cycles go. This kind of nonsense makes MoH and BF look like just black ops and modern warfare equivalents.

you should of know it wasn't that when they started that premium stuff.

Besides at that rate they support it but at those prices you might aswell have a new full priced game every year.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vodun

@ZeForgotten said:

Then that's not a beta. The use of the word "beta" has been twisted beyond recognition, it is supposed to be the final testing phase where you do acceptance testing with people outside the team, right before you go live with your product...not some kind of demo or like you describe a 2 year fiddle-with-the-knobs-fest.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40  Edited By GS_Dan

BF3 is getting DLC support until next March. I see no problem with this.

The beta for BF4, if like last time, won't be until about 2/3 through 2013 with the game itself launching in autumn/ winter. That's 2 years since the last game. That is fine.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By YoThatLimp

@ZeForgotten said:

@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Checked right now.

You have some serious issues, man. Why are you so mad that a lot of people, despite all your efforts to say otherwise(good effort though! you get an F for that :D) are still playing BF3? Can't you just, you know, play the game you seem to enjoy more?

I think you're overreacting a bit. He is just providing statistics to your claims of tons of people playing it, and this coming from a Battlefield player.

BF3 was really fun for me the first two or so months then just go very stale. I had way more fun on the PC and Console release of BC2.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zeforgotten
@YoThatLimp said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Checked right now.

I think you're overreacting a bit. He is just providing statistics to your claims of tons of people playing it, and this coming from a Battlefield player.

BF3 was really fun for me the first two or so months then just go very stale. I had way more fun on the PC and Console release of BC2.

Dang it, if only there were some good games coming out so I had to sit at work and write about them! 
But no, I would rather keep talking about something that got resolved almost 4 hours ago :P 
GJ
blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By blueduck

Why is the game 70 dollars? 

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FilipHolm

If this is actually Battlefield 2143 I'd be cool with it

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Grissefar

@Chojin said:

@Grissefar said:

So have the five guys at my work who buys 3 games a year. FIFA, Need for speed and CoD. They were also obsessed with Angry Birds and Farmville when those games came. CoD have become so mainstream that you should know that many, many people playing that game are people like these guys. They`re not really interested in games like you and I. The ones I`m talking about here don’t even know what BF3 is, except “it’s probably a shitty CoD copy” (their words).

If you subtract all these “semi casuals”, I wouldn’t be surprised if we, the core gamers, are split pretty much equally between the two. After all, they`re both great games but offer very different experiences:)

Wow interesting point, man. Did they really buy The Run? I guess they'll have a pleasant surprise this holiday with Criterion. I still think a lot of internet people like to be ignorant about CoD because Activision are dicks.

composite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By composite

@CheapPoison: Good point. Still, I think its the ridiculousness to even mention BF4 when there is still TWO expansions scheduled for BF3. How 'bout let a game breathe a while! Greedy publishers, getting greedier.

Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Chojin

@Grissefar:

I really wasn’t trying to be ignorant about anything:) But since CoD is one of the biggest pop culture phenomenons in recent memory, it also means that it has a huuuge fan base among people who doesn’t play or even care about other games.

As I said before, where I work, I`m outnumbered 1 to 5 against people who has no interest whatsoever to even try anything else. And it’s the same thing at all my friends’ workplaces as well. I`m really not trying to be ignorant about your favorite game here, but this could be a reason why that statistic looks the way it does. Of course I also could be way off, but it’s as good a theory as any:P

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SAC

@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Grissefar said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Checked right now.

COOL GUY ALERT

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By benspyda

I'm a wizard and that's fucked up!

theslothking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points