Beamdog did it

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mrangryface

Those infinity engine game ports on Switch are super playable- nailed the controls

(Though I Still want IWD2)

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Those infinity engine game ports on Switch are super playable- nailed the controls

(Though I Still want IWD2)

I was shocked at how much I was fine with the controls. Feels like they rightly just ripped everything off of Divinity Original Sin 2.

Also, it would be so great to get IWD2 but alas, I guess it truly will never happen. The idea that the source code is just missing is still (and never will not be) mind-blowing to me.

Spice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spice

As much as I want to play it on Switch, there is no way I'm paying $80 dollarydoos.
It's not even that expensive on iOS!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Efesell

Yeah I'm happy they figured out but all that seems pretty pricey and also I don't know that I could play them without mods these days.

Honestly I don't know that I could identify where mod and base game even meet at this point.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

Yeah I'm happy they figured out but all that seems pretty pricey and also I don't know that I could play them without mods these days.

Honestly I don't know that I could identify where mod and base game even meet at this point.

I had a bunch of MS bucks from rewards and whatnot, so I used them on it, and I would say it probably isn't worth the price. I only got the BG games, and despite knowing how much great content is in them, I'm still sort of left feeling like if I didn't have the nostalgia for them they would be kind of terrible? They look pretty rough in general, but especially on a TV.

Also, yes, lacking mods is a real bummer. Especially since most everything Beamdog added to them is...pretty outright bad?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beamdogs original content is pretty hit and miss. Bad in the first BG, though not all that out of place the first game is super corny, but seemed better in the sequel from what I saw.

The interface and mechanical upgrades they made are fine but are kinda just watered down versions of what the mod community had already done.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: plenty of game breaking bugs in BG2:EE as well. Had one instance where a crucial character is supposed to enter an area, initiate conversation with the player, and thus proceed the story. Everything worked except the actual talking part, so my game was completely locked from progressing, say 20-25 hours in.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own the original and enhanced editions of all the Infinity Engine games on PC, and really don't feel like paying for them yet again.

The idea if playing BG2 on a Switch is a bit interesting, but $50? Come on.