Beast in the East watitng room.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Retris

Since this is becoming a weekly thing of Beast in the East mysteriously not showing up on time or showing up in coming up bar; I think we need a thread for us antsy addicts.

I'm not even kidding about the addiction part, the feature's become so integral to starting my week that it feels strange to not have it on time.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retris: I'm not an addict but I've got the day off so I was looking forward to starting my morning with this. Oh well it'll be up eventually.

lasse_momme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to see Majima give the thumbs up again. Don't feel like that is too much to ask.

Dark_Twist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sitting here in front of my tv with some snacks and i am hitting refresh for 50min now.. :-(

come on guys , daddy needs his fix!! ;-)

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By winsord

I guess we'll see if there were upload issues, or if it just never got scheduled. Seems like it usually goes up around 9-10am EDT if it's a scheduling issue, and 12pm EDT if it's an upload issue. My window to watch it is 6am-8am, so I'll be waiting 'till the evening either way.

Edit: Forgot today's a holiday there too, so it might not be until tomorrow.

Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently nobody watches Beast in the East, or at least it's doing very bad viewing numbers. I wonder if they'll finish the playthrough or let it just peter out.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

@pilgore: based on what?

GB don't seem to strike me as beholden to their 'ratings'

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

@pilgore said:

Apparently nobody watches Beast in the East, or at least it's doing very bad viewing numbers. I wonder if they'll finish the playthrough or let it just peter out.

Citation needed. Parts 9 and 10 appeared on the list of most watched videos in April Jeff posted on Twitter:

No Caption Provided

Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pilgore
@captain_insano said:

@pilgore: based on what?

GB don't seem to strike me as beholden to their 'ratings'

No, that's why I think they'll keep doing it, as it's a premium series so it's already being payed for. This is the reason why King of Fighters isn't a regular series.

@stordoff Yeah, at 14 and 15. For a weekly premium series that's pretty low. Two GBE playdates, This is the Run and a few Quick Looks all did better than Beast in the East that month (UPF is obvious as it's their most watched show).

roytheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They seem to REALLY like the game so I don't think there is any chance they will stop doing them.

mjhwwbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well done on spelling watitng correctly, so many get it wrong!

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first Monday I have off in a while and there's no Beast in the East :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I fell off of it about 6 episodes in. Does the back seat fighting calm down later?

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pilgore:I wouldn't say it's low, given how damn popular all the features over it are. It's got UPFs and GBE playdates which are the main premium features of the site, first part of Soulcalibur that had immense hype, Persona 5 which needs no explanation, and Beat Cop? I must've missed something with Beat Cop.

@mjhwwbg: Thanks, I try my best.

retsugavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

had a rough start of the week today, was looking forward to Beast in the East today to tide me over.... :(
unfortunately no Beast in the East today.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just working under the thought since last week that Memorial Day would make the possibility of an upload shaky, at best. Granted they aren't typical office workers necessarily, but it's still a holiday.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I really enjoy Beast in the East, but I gotta admit since I use almost all Giant Bomb content as a podcast, even video, it's been really hard to follow with all the Japanese and what not. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what's going on but part of the fun of this particular series for me is trying to remember what the hell is going on with the game every Monday.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retris said:

@pilgore:I wouldn't say it's low, given how damn popular all the features over it are. It's got UPFs and GBE playdates which are the main premium features of the site, first part of Soulcalibur that had immense hype, Persona 5 which needs no explanation, and Beat Cop? I must've missed something with Beat Cop.

I definitely agree and will add to this that if Giantbomb videos are similar to LPs the first episode of a series is always has a lot more views than subsequent parts as people check it out and decide if they like it or not. Since only the first episode of This is the run: SC is on the list I am guessing that is why it`s over Beast in the East. Which also means that BITE which is a series that had been going on for a couple of months and have 90-120 min long episodes was also still more popular than the more bite sized episodes of a newer series like This is the run: SC.

I am not completely sure about why Beat Cop is so high up, but I remember the video sparking a large debate in the comments about the games use of racial slurs, so that might have contributed to more people clicking on the video.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Usually they say something if a series isn't happening.

As for ratings, I am very surprised. I watch this faithfully, it's been in my opinion an excellent show with a great game in depth and story. Graphics and gameplay are good. I even enjoy all the side stuff...to moderation.

I thought it was doing well, not that it will stop GB. Dan, Alex and Vinny all seem to be liking the game also, though Dan gets a bit frustrated with the fighting.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I do enjoy the series but to me it's just too damn long with not enough to carry it through it's duration (I feel that way about the game playing it myself as well, it didn't quite live up to the hype for me).

I would much prefer a shorter Shenmue 2 series or some other FMV game that can be done in a few episodes. Long games are fine too but personally I am not that interested in more Yakuza on GB after the 0 playthrough.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watch/watched every Yakuza episode. The too many cooks in the kitchen aspect is borderline unbearable. Let the one holding the controller do whatever they want. The micromanaging of every button press is insufferable, especially for a game this big in scope and length.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zeik

Beast in the East is almost the entire reason I'm premium right now. There have been some other good premium features lately, but if you took them all away I'd still sub just for BitE. (And I hate to say it, but the reverse is also true. Once BitE is gone I don't know if I can justify staying subbed. At least not as consistently as now.)

@corwag: Dan doesn't know what the fuck he's doing half the time. (Part of that is simply the long periods between each session.) Without the occasional input from Vinny and Alex it would actually be unbearable. Alex has done so much to keep things on track.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's up! The happy days are here again!

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New episode is up!

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@corwag: Dan doesn't know what the fuck he's doing half the time. (Part of that is simply the long periods between each session.) Without the occasional input from Vinny and Alex it would actually be unbearable. Alex has done so much to keep things on track.

This has always seemed to be Alex's baby, so why put Dan in the drivers seat at all?