• 62 results
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By pjacobson21

The main event at my high school is a basketball tournament we host every year known as LIT.  It is the highlight of the year and was especially for me this year as I am a starter on the team this year!  
Anyways the relevance to the Giant Bomb community is that every year the tournament has a theme, and this year's theme was video games.  A big part of the preparation for the tournament is decorating the gym to fit both the theme and basketball, and this is primarily done with huge painted panels that are put on the walls.  I always look forward to the panels because often the chosen theme and basketball are combined in really great ways.  The talent level on display is crazy and keep in mind when looking at the photos that all the art was designed and painted by high school students with very minimal teacher assistance.  Plus my school is pretty small (400 ish students) and to put on a tournament at the high level of LIT each and every year is truly remarkable. 

But without further preamble, here are some pictures of the decorations put up in the gym for the tournament that I think the GB folks will get a kick out of. (just to help make sense of some aspects, the tournament is known as LIT, it is the 59th annual, an my school is commonly abbreviated to LCHS or just LC, so if you see any of those in the art that is why.)

My schools mascot is a lion, hence sackboy lion.  And LIT highlited in
 My schools mascot is a lion, hence sackboy lion.  And LIT highlited in "little" to connect to the tournament.
 A classic atari basketball poster behind the press box.
 Beneath the press box is the
 Beneath the press box is the "Snac-Man" concessions.  The pac pellets are pieces of popcorn!
 A great mario themed one.  Too bad the pipe and fire alarm get in the way.
 Personally a think a basketball brawl needs more Pistons and Pacers players, but it will have to.  (Also not me in the picture.)
 Personally a think a basketball brawl needs more Pistons and Pacers players, but it will have to.  (Also not me in the picture.)
 I only know of this game because of it's quicklook, but apparently an artist of my school knew of it (or is maybe a giantbomber?)  The yellow building thing on the right is a profile view of the gym and is a symbol of the tournament.
 I only know of this game because of it's quicklook, but apparently an artist of my school knew of it (or is maybe a giantbomber?)  The yellow building thing on the right is a profile view of the gym and is a symbol of the tournament.
 Now here is a game I would play!  Absolutely fantastic.
 Chilling out relaxing all cool all shooting some bball.
 I guess no one heard that Nintendo trademarked this phrase...
 You know, given Sonic's recent success this could maybe be a step in the right direction.
 You know, given Sonic's recent success this could maybe be a step in the right direction.
 I love how there is more than one pokemon panel.  This is awesome.
 The second pokemon panel.  Complete and total LOL at run being super effective against Shaq!!!!!!!
 The second pokemon panel.  Complete and total LOL at run being super effective against Shaq!!!!!!!
 Yoshi throwing a basketball = win.  PS3 controller player SNES games = fail.
 A friend of mine worked on this one and it is fantastic!  It is three panels making it one of the biggest in the gym, and the clever play on the BLOPS cover is awesome.  My school's colours are black and gold just so you know, and the 2/10/11 refers to the day the tournament started.
 A friend of mine worked on this one and it is fantastic!  It is three panels making it one of the biggest in the gym, and the clever play on the BLOPS cover is awesome.  My school's colours are black and gold just so you know, and the 2/10/11 refers to the day the tournament started.
 Just awesome.
 Just awesome.
 No NBA Elite 11, but there's always LIT Live 11!!  This is probably my favourite even though I seemed to be the only one to find humour in that it is based on a game that never got released.  The art is fantastic!
 No NBA Elite 11, but there's always LIT Live 11!!  This is probably my favourite even though I seemed to be the only one to find humour in that it is based on a game that never got released.  The art is fantastic!
 Just for context.  These are huge wall panels and the effort put forth into creating them was astounding.
 Just for context.  These are huge wall panels and the effort put forth into creating them was astounding.
 One more for context.  Check the mario sidescrolling going on down on the end wall!  (Also once again not me.)
 One more for context.  Check the mario sidescrolling going on down on the end wall!  (Also once again not me.)
Well that's all I wanted to share.  I have tons more pictures from the tournament of art, basketball, whatever, but these are the only ones that are relevant to the site.  I hope you enjoyed them they can be seen in higher resolution on my profile.

*Note I did not paint any of these, but I did take the pictures myself.
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By pjacobson21

The main event at my high school is a basketball tournament we host every year known as LIT.  It is the highlight of the year and was especially for me this year as I am a starter on the team this year!  
Anyways the relevance to the Giant Bomb community is that every year the tournament has a theme, and this year's theme was video games.  A big part of the preparation for the tournament is decorating the gym to fit both the theme and basketball, and this is primarily done with huge painted panels that are put on the walls.  I always look forward to the panels because often the chosen theme and basketball are combined in really great ways.  The talent level on display is crazy and keep in mind when looking at the photos that all the art was designed and painted by high school students with very minimal teacher assistance.  Plus my school is pretty small (400 ish students) and to put on a tournament at the high level of LIT each and every year is truly remarkable. 

But without further preamble, here are some pictures of the decorations put up in the gym for the tournament that I think the GB folks will get a kick out of. (just to help make sense of some aspects, the tournament is known as LIT, it is the 59th annual, an my school is commonly abbreviated to LCHS or just LC, so if you see any of those in the art that is why.)

My schools mascot is a lion, hence sackboy lion.  And LIT highlited in
 My schools mascot is a lion, hence sackboy lion.  And LIT highlited in "little" to connect to the tournament.
 Beneath the press box is the
 Beneath the press box is the "Snac-Man" concessions.  The pac pellets are pieces of popcorn!
 Just awesome.
 Just awesome.
Well that's all I wanted to share.  I have tons more pictures from the tournament of art, basketball, whatever, but these are the only ones that are relevant to the site.  I hope you enjoyed them they can be seen in higher resolution on my profile.

*Note I did not paint any of these, but I did take the pictures myself.
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pjacobson21

Haha just saw this now and I'll point it out before someone else does.  Shaq's level is indedd OVER 9000!!!!!!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

That's pretty cool.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheGremp

At first I was thinking "Oh, that's kind of cute."  But as I scrolled down I slowly realized the scale of it all.  Really cool stuff duder.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Skald

That's a pretty talented school.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

thats really awesome stuff there. it must have taken a while to do all of those. i didn't know that nintendo copy righted "it's on like donkey kong". i thought somebody just made that up.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By EVO

Wow, these are amazing. For a small school, a lot of people seem to love video games.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By buzz_clik

Awesome work by everyone involved. Also, I'd like to point out that the pipe obscuring the Mario one may be a little disappointing, but wholly appropriate.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By lead_farmer

Man, wish my school did this.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By MistaSparkle

Do you think they like basketball?

___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ___pocalypse

hahah snac man made me lol. The Pokemans Shaq was also great. Very cool!

doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By doejonathan

Holy crap, that NBA Elite panel looks fierce. Thanks for sharing these.

Cvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cvamp

Holy crap that is cool!

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidSwords

"A wild Shaq appears!". They're all great!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman

This is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Great job to all involved!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Ghostiet

The Donkey Kong one is one of the baddest things ever made.

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Reuben

That was awesome, kids in your school are really talented!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Claude

I love basketball. Great School Spirit. Video Games Represent!

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As long as you guys are ACTUALLY playing a form of combat basketball, I approve.

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By eldiax

Amazing! You have a great school!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Once you see a wild Shaq, you must throw a master ball.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By clarke0

Holy shit. I wish I could have went to your high school! The fact that there are this many people actually into games, and willing to represent that to the whole school through these pieces is awesome.

Althox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Althox

Sweet pics man. That LIT Live 11 pic was awesome.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By willin

Fuck. I was my school was that awesome :(

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Mad awesome. Am jealous.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By crusader8463

All that video game stuff all over your school! Are you kids crazy? Everyone in the place will be too busy raping and killing one another to even watch a dam basket ball game! I need to warn fox news about this to make sure they have cameras at the ready.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Holy balls. Are you guys like an art school or something? What gives?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee

Pretty amazing, and some got a few laughs out of me 8)

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By trace

What an amazing collection of art for a high school project. Thanks for sharing it with us - there's some tremendously good effort going into all of that!

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By sparklykiss

Those were all awesome and really good! The Paper Mario hopping on the doors was cute and the Sonic one may be a bit too believable, lol.
Makes me wonder what some of the past themes been.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#31  Edited By SMTDante89

Words can't describe just how awesome I think this is.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Wow, that's amazing stuff. Thank you for sharing.

DallyDoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DallyDoll

These were really cool to see - thanks for posting. Your school is full of talent!
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34  Edited By Yanngc33

Damn

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nintendoeats

That copyright infringement is also over 9000.

Seriously, this is totally awesome and I want some of it. I would totally buy that Snac-Man sign.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Brendan

Man, your high school is intense.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Azteck
@pjacobson21 said:

No Caption Provided
I reaaally like this one. The art is amazing.
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By recroulette

Those were awesome.

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By wubb

Loved checking these out, thanks for sharing them.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By Aaron_G

Some awesome basketball themed video game paintings your school made. Its awesoem that video games were choosen as your theme.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Dany
@Azteck said:
" @pjacobson21 said:

No Caption Provided
I reaaally like this one. The art is amazing. "
That is really great, along with the Shaq one
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By melcene

Those are pretty badass :)

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sameeeeam

You have a pretty rad school.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cookiemonster

Thats fucking unreal.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AlexW00d

Wow.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By fwylo

Wow that is awesome.

WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WJist

Duder, you go to an awesome school! I wish my art classes/basketball tournaments were that badass...

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JCTango

Very cool stuff man! 

You're lucky to be in a school like that :)

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kjellm87

I wouldn't mind going on that school

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Genjai

Dude, those are awesome! And the sheer, raw talent displayed is remarkable, especially for a school that small - I went to a high school about the same size, so I understand. Mad props to your entire school. Clever and skillfully done.