Beneath a Steel Sky 2

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jost1

Revolution Studios mentioned in 2004 that they were working on the sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky.

Now, we can assume that it's been either delayed or cancelled. Hopefully the former. The first game was a fantastic adventure game. 

I don't care if it's not a triple-A bugdet game, it could be a DS exclusive for all I care. I want this game to happen! Along with Gabriel Knight 1 it's probably my favourite non-Lucasarts adventure game. I much prefer it to to the Broken Sword series, for example. 

Now that adventure games CAN be profitable again, I really  hope they're working on it.

Tomat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tomat

That is one of the free games on Good Old Gamers isn't it? I may have to check it out, I'm interested in cyberpunk themed games. Speaking of adventure games, I recently tried Sanitarium out and put a few hours into it, but I'm starting to lose interested in it so I may replace it with Beneath a Steel Sky.

Also, I think you mean to say "former" when you said "Hopefully the latter."

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mosdl

The game is free and on GOG.com

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jost1
@Tomat said:
" That is one of the free games on Good Old Gamers isn't it? I may have to check it out, I'm interested in cyberpunk themed games. Speaking of adventure games, I recently tried Sanitarium out and put a few hours into it, but I'm starting to lose interested in it so I may replace it with Beneath a Steel Sky.  Also, I think you mean to say "former" when you said "Hopefully the latter." "

Oops! Right you are, and I fixed it.

Yes, Beneath a Steel Sky is VERY cyberpunky, and it's just a fantastic game with a great story. Bit on the short side but who cares, it's freeware now and easy to play with the SCUMMVM software. Check it out.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Emilio
@Tomat said:
" That is one of the free games on Good Old Gamers isn't it? I may have to check it out, I'm interested in cyberpunk themed games. Speaking of adventure games, I recently tried Sanitarium out and put a few hours into it, but I'm starting to lose interested in it so I may replace it with Beneath a Steel Sky.  Also, I think you mean to say "former" when you said "Hopefully the latter." "
How deep are you in Sanitarium?
takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By takua108

Seconded! I hope this comes out. I played this game on the PC a few years back and didn't finish it, and then a few months ago I bought the iPhone version and played through it, start-to-finish. As far as adventure games go, it's pretty good, and as far as free games go, it's excellent.

SteveVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By SteveVice

This would be awesome. I replayed the game dozens of times when I was younger, would really love to revisit the world.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I've never played Beneath a Steel Sky. I'm a huge fan of the Broken Sword series, and I really should play it sometime.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jost1
@MattyFTM: I like it better than Broken Sword mostly because of the really cool setting. And the ending is really something.
Tomat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Tomat
@Emilio said:
" @Tomat said:
How deep are you in Sanitarium? "
I'm not far in, but Im currently in the Circus of Fools portion of the game (towards the end of that section.). It could just be that part of the game, but compared to the first few parts of the game I haven't enjoyed the Circus portion.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By BeachThunder

Not 100% sure if I would want a sequel, but Beneath a Steel Sky is probably my all-time favourite adventure game. May as well get it if you haven't already, it's freeware and awesome.