Best ending gameplay-wise

aznan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By aznan

So I'm wondering which game has your favourite ending. I'm not talking about the best story ending, neither do I mean the best final boss fight. Instead I want to know about gameplay elements that occur after the final boss, or as buildup toward the end.

As an example I love the ending of God of War. There's a bit where you're walking up some stairs to your new throne, and all you ever do is just walk, but it is so awesome! Of course, this wouldn't have worked nearly as well without the story supporting it, but as long as your answer doesn't solely depend on the story it qualifies.

So gimme your favourite endings!

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Drebin_893

Prince of Persia (2008)

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Twilight Princess had the best ending in a game that I saw in a long time, it actually felt epic. In this case, the gameplay complimented the story.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Snipzor

The original fallout had an amazing ending, just the whole impact that the one man had to which it was destroyed in an instant. Brilliant.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By granderojo

Left4Dead, the final stage on Expert of any of the movies with some buddies is always the most challenging, while fun experience you will have.  It only works if you act as a team cooperatively with precision.  Since every time is different, if you fail, you can't just remember how the zombies are going to hit you, they change there route constantly.  Different power ups each time.

Blinck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Blinck
aznan is talking about a kinda of "playable ending", not a normal "just view" ending.

From what I have played I would also probably go for God of War or the latest prince of persia... it felt very good to go and take over the throne, very powerful!
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By atejas

Shadow of The Colossus. The very last bit before you're sucked into the pool, where you're hanging onto the steps with your fingertips.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By End_Boss
atejas said:
"Shadow of The Colossus. The very last bit before you're sucked into the pool, where you're hanging onto the steps with your fingertips."
I hadn't even considered this one, but yes.
This.

EDIT: I tried so hard to not get sucked in.
Thecookiejar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Thecookiejar

Cant think of my favourite but i did like the ending in COD:WAW

aznan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By aznan

All good picks. Keep em coming!

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By matthew
atejas said:
"Shadow of The Colossus. The very last bit before you're sucked into the pool, where you're hanging onto the steps with your fingertips."
Yes.  Totally.
lodar011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lodar011

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  You kill Gannondorf at the top of his tower, then escape the entire thing as it's crumbling down.  Safe right?  Wrong, he morphs into Gannon and you get to end it by jabbing the Master Sword through his head.  Epic.

cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By cabelhigh

The end of Fable 2 was awesome. Walking through your life and then seeing how you've transformed was great.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Black_Rose
Bullet_Jr said:
"Twilight Princess had the best ending in a game that I saw in a long time, it actually felt epic. In this case, the gameplay complimented the story."
This.