Best Game Demos?

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DoctorDanger99

So my girlfriend and i Recently finished the Resident Evil 6 demo and now we are pumped. while im a huge RE fan i was content to wait for it until i had picked up a few other games. now im sold on a day one buy. it was set up perfectly. it gave you just enough story and action and ended at the right point to leave you wanting more. on the other side of the coin,i was let down by the Dragons Dogma demo.it just didnt impress me.neither did the demo for Spec Ops:The Line. but when i did finally play them,i was blown away.

so what are some demos you guys have played that sold you on the game? what are some that turned you off but the game was actually great?

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bell_End

best demo ever for me was the bioshock demo. i had to own that game and played the demo multiple times.

also the Dead Rising demo was great

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve

I think the first Bioshock demo is known for being the demo.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By _Zombie_

The Darkness II had a sick demo.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By 49th

I played the Just Cause 2 demo about 10 times. That's like 5 hours.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

I remember the Arkham Asylum demo selling me on the game.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By hippie_genocide

I remember being blown away by the FFVIII demo. Its kind of funny to say that now, but back then it was pretty incredible looking, especially coming off the heels of FFVII with its more deformed cartoonish characters. I believe it was packed in on an extra disc with Parasite Eve.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By EVO

I played the shit out of the Skate demo.

Kronoz21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kronoz21

The Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine demo was amazing, played it for a total of 10 hours i think. That´s longer than the complete single player campaign. Sad

localhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By localhost

@49th said:

I played the Just Cause 2 demo about 10 times. That's like 5 hours.

This. Had tons of fun with that demo.

jtman54179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jtman54179

I still remember all the PC modders finding ways to pause the Just Cause 2 demo timer, despite constant patching from the developers. That really showed the vastness of the experience. So much to do in so little time.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ViciousReiven

The FEAR/FEAR2 demos, the way they inter-cut different environments with different events from all across the game is just great, a perfect taste of what to expect.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By GunstarRed

Hated both the Bulletstorm and Crackdown demos. I ended up really liking one and loving the other.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SharkEthic

Skate 1. Called in sick the day it came out. Must have played that fucking thing for 20-30 hours total before I got the actual game!

Skrams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skrams

The Darksiders demo was much later than the game if what I remember is correct but it was pretty much the whole first dungeon so you knew what to expect pretty much.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ExplodeMode

Batman Arkham Asylum was a pretty important demo. No one was sure if it was just going to be another shitty super hero game and the demo came out and was pretty great. Sold me on the game.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By topsteer

@EVO said:

@SharkEthic said:

Skate 1. Called in sick the day it came out. Must have played that fucking thing for 20-30 hours total before I got the actual game!

Yep, this is mine as well. I remember playing this over and over again. Probably my best experience with a demo.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SharkEthic

@TopSteer said:

@EVO said:

@SharkEthic said:

Yep, this is mine as well. I remember playing this over and over again. Probably my best experience with a demo.

The thing kicked you after 20 minutes, right? You had to start over and complete the tutorial all over. Got to a point where I could complete the tutorial in under 30 seconds having memorized every trick!

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WarlordPayne

The RE5 demo was great, my brother and I played the hell out of it before the game came out.

There was a demo for one of the PSP Phantasy Stars that had hours of content in it, I never ended up finishing the demo because it just kept going. You could save in the demo and the saves were compatible with the full game, too, which was nice.

And the Darksiders demo. That had an entire dungeon in it, you started just outside it and it ended right at the boss fight. It totally sold me on the game.

raycarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By raycarter

I would probably put my vote in for the Mirror's Edge demo a couple of years ago. There was the tutorial and the jumping puzzles were not as hard, so it's a matter of instinct and reaction time. It showed only the first stage of the game, which was one of my favorites because of its simplicity. Factor in a great first graphical impression and you have yourself a GREAT demo.
BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By BaneFireLord

The Force Unleashed demo was better than the actual game.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By psylah

The F.E.A.R. 2 demo was pretty great, it was a unique map layout that went through multiple areas of the game in one level, parts that were not adjacent in the actual game. It even added in some mech combat towards the end.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Snail

The demo I've went back to the most times up until now is probably the Rock Band: Blitz demo. Since you have three songs in that game (I like one of them by Queen), I've gone back to it and tried beating my high-score. It's a way of training and getting better at the game before I buy it, which I hope will happen soon.

Most other demos that I've played I don't see why I'd play it more than once, since it's a 30-minute experience at the most with no real recorded/saved progression.

The Retro/Grade demo is also pretty complete. Like, half that game is in the demo. It's kind of insane.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#24  Edited By lumley

The annual FIFA demo's. I play those over and over and over.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By zaccheus

I played probably 10 hours of the SSX demo. Just Cause 2 demo was a lot of fun too. I used to get demo disks for PS1 and played the shit out of those. Tony Hawk 1 and 2 comes to mind as examples.

aznjon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By aznjon12

Heavy Rain demo was pretty good. Just investigating crime scenes and shit.

Dragonball Raging Blast is worthy of praise. It demo'd Goku pretty well.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By awesomeusername
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - I played this a bunch of times just because how awesome of a Batman game it was.
  • Bioshock - This demo was probably the best demo ever man.
  • Battlefield 3 - Not exactly the demo but the beta. I put 20 hours into that beta.
  • Mass Effect 2 - I played the demo like 3 times and loved it every time. It's about an hour or so but man, this demo sold me on Mass Effect 2.
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - I loved the demo. Then I loved the game. Then I replayed the game after some time. Then I hated the game.
  • Rayman: Origins - Wasn't that interested when it was announced and stuff. Then I played the demo with my brother and man, it was fantastic.
  • Rochard - I downloaded the demo just because it was there. Never heard of the game or anything but it's a pretty good puzzle game.
  • Red Johnson's Chronicles - Downloaded the demo because it looked interesting and it's a good looking mystery game.
Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mahonay

The Skate 1 demo. Holy shit I played that for hours upon hours. Those first two games were pretty rad.

@SharkEthic said:

@TopSteer said:

@EVO said:

@SharkEthic said:

The thing kicked you after 20 minutes, right? You had to start over and complete the tutorial all over. Got to a point where I could complete the tutorial in under 30 seconds having memorized every trick!

@SharkEthic said:

Hah, glad I am not alone in this. High five bros!

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

Bioshock and FFXIII-2