Best Game of 08?

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

Edited By LightYagami245

In your opinion, what was the best game of 2008(or worded better, what was your favorite game of 08)? I would choose Chrono Trigger DS. I know it is a remake(I played the original), but the game was just as entertaining playing it again as was the first time I picked it up. Nothing was taken out, but things were added into it(videoclips, a new ending [rumor], a new dungeon, and a monster trainer). Square-Enix made a good move by remaking it. Now, if only they would do that with some of their othe backtitled games(Seiken Denetsu 3, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve series, Xenogears, etc).

If it was an original IP, then I would say LittleBigPlanet. It used the PS3 in a way that no one(at the time) thought about using it as. You would expect a game like that on the PC.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LightYagami245

In your opinion, what was the best game of 2008(or worded better, what was your favorite game of 08)? I would choose Chrono Trigger DS. I know it is a remake(I played the original), but the game was just as entertaining playing it again as was the first time I picked it up. Nothing was taken out, but things were added into it(videoclips, a new ending [rumor], a new dungeon, and a monster trainer). Square-Enix made a good move by remaking it. Now, if only they would do that with some of their othe backtitled games(Seiken Denetsu 3, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve series, Xenogears, etc).

If it was an original IP, then I would say LittleBigPlanet. It used the PS3 in a way that no one(at the time) thought about using it as. You would expect a game like that on the PC.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#2  Edited By citizenkane

I didn't get to play that many games(only 7 in total), but my favorite of the ones I've played will have to be Grand Theft Auto IV.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

its a toss up between 

Fallout 3 and left 4 dead and Nuts and bolts

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LightYagami245

Citizen: I didn't play many 08 released games last year ironically. GTA4 is a good choice though.
Zombie: That is a hard choice to choose from those three.

bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By bartholomew999

For me it goes;
1. MGS4
2. Left 4 Dead
3. Resistance 2
4. Deadspace
5. Little Big Planet
6. Burnout Paradise
7. Motorstorm 2: Pacific Rift
8. No More Heroes
9. Mariokart Wii
10. Fallout 3

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#6  Edited By KillerFly

My favorite game of 08 was Metal Gear Solid 4.

#2 for me was Mirror's Edge.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By zitosilva

It's hard to say which one was my favorite. I'd be between Valkyria Chronicles and Persona 4. And also Dead Space.

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By chronicsmoke

Its a toss up between MGS4, persona 4,or left 4 dead 

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By lightwarrior179
I agree a little with you on LBP being the Best Original IP of 2008 but then it had little competition considering most of the top games this year were sequels of some sort. I haven't played LBP, so my award will go to another VERY good Original IP,Braid.
My favorite game of 2008 would eventually boil down as a fight between GTA IV (revolutionising the entire series in one game is equivalent to WOW) and Gears 2 (quite literally a killer-solo campaign with a killer-new multiplayer mode,Horde).
I too heard there was a new ending (and it was confirmed by my friend as well) in CT DS. 
Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By lightwarrior179
I agree a little with you on LBP being the Best Original IP of 2008 but then it had little competition considering most of the top games this year were sequels of some sort. I haven't played LBP, so my award will go to another VERY good Original IP,Braid.
My favorite game of 2008 would eventually boil down as a fight between GTA IV (revolutionising the entire series in one game is equivalent to WOW) and Gears 2 (quite literally a killer-solo campaign with a killer-new multiplayer mode,Horde).
I too heard there was a new ending (and it was confirmed by my friend as well) in CT DS. 
LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LightYagami245

Lightwarrior: What about Valkeryia Chronicles? It was an original IP that received high scores.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By ThomasP

Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Professor Layton and the Curious Village would be my top two. You need friends to get the complete Brawl experience though.