Best Games for Streaming

iBushido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iBushido

Hey guys. So I started a Twitch stream a couple of months ago and I chose to start with Dark Souls, cuz it's one of my favorite games ever and I had never played any of the 3 Souls games using magic, so I figured it would be fun to see me try that out. It turned out pretty good, got a bunch of follows, had lots of fun, etc. So after I played it twice on stream, I started switching to other games and I noticed a pretty significant drop-off in viewers. I still get some, but not as much at all. I played through Alien: Isolation on stream and barely anyone watched. I realized that the more popular a game is at the time, the more streamers there are, and if you're not already popular, your stream is found way down near the bottom of what can be a really long page.

So here is what I was hoping to get some help with. I need to find a game that I enjoy of course, but one that is not so popular that I'll be competing with too many other streamers, but also not so obscure that nobody knows of it or wants to watch it. I figured that some other streamers might be running into the same problem, and maybe it could help to figure out out together.

Something to consider is that it should not be a multiplayer game. Anything competitive will have way too many streamers. So no LoL/Dota, CoD/Battlefield, sports games, racing games, etc. It should also not be a story driven game that involves lots of reading, or an exploration game that doesn't involve much gameplay.

Other than that, I'm open to any suggestions. I have a bunch of games on Steam I haven't even played yet, and I do have some money left in my steam wallet if anyone suggests something I don't have. Oh, it also can't be a console exclusive cuz I don't have a capture card. PC only. Let me know if you guys come up with anything that would fit and if you think of any other things to consider when picking a game. Thanks guys.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi

Choose a game you know you will have things to talk about. You will gain a small devoted following just by being entertaining and insightful, no matter what game you are playing. That's the kind of audience you want, not the garbage people that make up 99% of Twitch.

I'm not going to recommend you specific games because I have absolutely no clue what games you like.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

play a game you have fun with, why stream a game if your not gonna have fun with it, but switching games every other day is probably not the best way to build a following.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onarum

Dwarf fortress?a lot of crazy shit can happen so it ends up being entertaining imo, but it's not for everyone of course, very slow going.

Mount & Blade : Warband is a good one, no story to speak of, lots of gameplay, plus you can always try a mod when things start to get a little stale.

Most of the survival shit seem to get a fair number of viewers, kids love that crap, 7 days to die, the forest etc.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There's some streamers that play a lot of the recent "roguelike-likes". I think those kinds of games they lend themselves pretty well to streaming since they're random, easy to understand but have lot of hidden depths. And it's fun to watch someone who's good at them. Examples are Binding of Isaac, Rogue Galaxy, Risk of Rain, FTL.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Corevi

"roguelike-likes" Rogue Galaxy

Umm what. Rogue Galaxy is a JRPG by Level 5 for the PS2 and is not a roguelike in any way.

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By blzzzrrttt

@corevi: Pretty sure he meant Rogue Legacy.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Pretty sure he meant Rogue Legacy.

Oh. That would make significantly more sense.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@corevi said:
@christoffer said:

"roguelike-likes" Rogue Galaxy

Umm what. Rogue Galaxy is a JRPG by Level 5 for the PS2 and is not a roguelike in any way.

Hehe oops, Rogue Legacy of course

iBushido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the replies, guys. I love Rogue Legacy, FTL, Spelunky, Binding of Isaac, and other roguelike games. I have streamed a little of FTL and BoI, but BoI seems to be a little too popular, and FTL not popular enough. So far I've only had viewers with Dark Souls, and RE4. Right now I'm doing a shield-only run in Dark Souls cuz I already beat it on stream twice. I just feel like I'm running out of interesting things to do and I need to mix it up. I also love games and want to play all different kinds so that's another reason to try new stuff on stream.