Best Mech Games?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pazy

I recently rediscovered my love of Mech games when I happened apun Armored Core: For Answer recently and was wondering what was the best of the genre I should look at next. I want to pick up Chromehounds and Mechwarrior 4 soon but is there anything else I should be looking at? Im mainly looking at the armored core/mech warrior end of the spectrum games like Virtual On and stuff are fun but arent what Im looking for in a Mech game because its way too arcade-like to be a mech game for me. 

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Mech Warrior titles on PC, Shogo M.A.D. on PC, Virtual On 1 & 2 on arcades, Saturn, Dreamcast and soon XBLA, Gun Griffon on Saturn (I don't know if the PS2 titles were decent), Armored Core on PlayStation, PlayStation 2, whatever else, and what's that Xbox game with the massive controller? Lore on instantaction.com (free), Fallen Empire: Legions on instantaction.com (free, much better than Lore, but a little less mechy).

There was an online mech game that you could pick parts like in Armored Core and compete with other dudes for cash for them (I think) but they were more anime style slim and agile mechs than armored core and it was incredible and they could fly and the levels were as vertical as they were horizontal but I can't even remember its name. Sad.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

Stay away from the Gundam stuff.  The animes are pretty good, if you don't mind complicated and convoluted plots.  In fact, most of the games based off of animes are of dubious quality.  Licensed games suck there, too, it seems.

The first two MechAssult games on the original Xbox were pretty good.  The 2nd was better than the first, but the 1st had a more robust online community at the time.  There was a game called Heavy Gear and Heavy Gear II on the PC that was okay.  This is going back quite a few years, of course. It was a competitor of the Mech Warrior titles, but utilized smaller mechs.  I'm not familiar with them, but there was a game called Earthseige (& ES2) on the PC in the 90s and a more recent game called WarWorld that came out on XBL Arcade --- but it didn't get good reviews.

MechAssault II
MechAssault II
Heavy Gear II
Heavy Gear II
EarthSeige II
EarthSeige II
War World
War World

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

Chromehounds may not be worth your time at this point unless you're certain you will be able to find friends to play with.  That game can be considered online only, it's single player component is absolute garbage.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Pazy

PenguinDust said:

There was a game called Heavy Gear and Heavy Gear II on the PC that was okay.  

I actually own that game but I cant really get into it after trying out the Mechwarrior 3 and 4 demos.

And thanks MB, I would have wasted my money on Chromehounds other wise. 

Thanks for giving me a few titles to look into (though some of them sounds hard to track down, especially since I dont really like Ebay). If you guys can think of more Good Mech games please throw them out :)