Best of Giantbomb (Community Blogs)

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By Virago

Browsing around this great website, I stumbled on some notable blogs that I'd like to share with you. They are in no particular order, and all fairly biased opinions, so feel free to comment below and tell me what a huge idiot I am, as long as you provide links to blogs you think are better. G'ahead, I dare ya.
<3 V

"HS21's Adventures in Being a Private Eye

" Drops of water assaulted my window, there was a storm raging outside and it was wetter than a teenage girl on the opening night of a Twilight movie. Six months, six goddamn months of sitting behind my desk, waiting for a case that never comes. I'd given up on looking forward to a job landing right on my lap, the only thing I did look forward to anymore was a hot cup of chocolate delivered to my office by my secretary. I can never call her that in person though, mother said that that's "Fucking stupid" and proceeded to splash me in the face with the mug of hot chocolate still in her hand. Shit was hot." (

HS21's pros continue to awe and astound me, and to find such a beautifully written paragraph on this (at times) troll-ridden website gives me hope for the future. If you're looking for low-brow, back-water humor, keep moving. But if it's fine wit and satire you desire, indulge your senses with some blogs by HS21.

Sweep's Keeping it Simple

"I don't know how we made it to Friday. I have lost and regained my faith in humanity on an almost daily basis. But let's not talk of such darkness. Let's keep it simple..."

How can I write a "Best of" without Sweep? Since about a month into GB's budding existence, Sweep has been known as THE Blogger. And perhaps his most endearing quality, is that he constantly tries to shine the light away from him and onto other bloggers. So why did I chose these 4 lines from his hundreds (if not thousands) of blogs? Because in a way, it sums up the GB community. Simple people who with one sentence can betray and humiliate you, and then in the next, validate and befriend you. So while Sweep is on Haitus, go read some of his older blogs, and feel the love.

Rowr's 2008 Goaty Awards

Best Platformer Goat of the Year
Some of you may remember Rowr from back in the good ol' days, when IRC was thriving, and every "How are YOU?" thread was getting spammed and then closed, or maybe you know him from his playful yet informative blogs. Blogs that have been scarcer and scarcer these days. "Why?" you ask, "Why should such talent be ripped from our community? Why the silence, Rowr?" Well I'll tell you why, he went and got some lousy girlfriend and a 12 hour job and now has no time for such frivolities as make believe podcasts and watermelon-head profile pictures. Maybe some day he'll return and grace the blogosphere with his presence. Until then, we can only dream.

Matt Bodega's Kessler Kam

As the creator of GB's first community Podcast (Bomb Should Have a Face), Matt Bodega has been keeping the community informed about the Giant Bomb going-ons. So it's only appropriate that he should intern for Whiskey media and then leak the happenings to the rest of us peons.

Zombie Pie's Community Spotlight

I can't really take an excerpt from this blog. I mean, I COULD, but it would either confuse or bore you. So let me summarize: This is where you go when you want to know what's up in the community. If Matty B is the undercover agent for revealing what the staff is up to, Zombie Pie is the historian who chronicles all the cool stuff that's happening under your nose.

JJWeatherman's Cloudy with a Chance of Gaming

"Welcome to Bright Falls. / Is that a giant deer float? / Where’s it’s lucha mask?"

You've got that essaydue/mathquiz/powerpoint/work in the morning, and you've told yourself NO VIDEOGAMEZ TIL I FINISH. But you find yourself on giantbomb procrastinating anyway. Where do you go? To JJWeatherman, for some good old fashioned critiques and reviews that don't make you want to punch the writer in the face. Maybe you're not like me and have never had the urge to punch a blogwriter in the face, but chances are the thought has crossed your mind. Have no fear, for JJWeatherman's Cloudy with a Chance of Gaming episodes are intriguing and (genearlly) as non-biased as this community gets.

Marino's PAX Guide to PAX

"Don't Be a Dick".

PAX just ended, but it's never too early to start planning for next year, and what better way to get ready than with the internet! Marino lays it all out for you with his PAX Guide to PAX, and the best thing about it, is that it's timeless. With such advice as "Shower Every Day" and "Don't Be a Dick ", one could potentially use this as a "Guide for Doing Anything in Public", not just PAX.

edit:

Video_Game_King's PEOPLE'S CHOICE

TMTDNR.
That's my 2 cents. But the photo of the rocket bear was pretty classy.
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Virago

Browsing around this great website, I stumbled on some notable blogs that I'd like to share with you. They are in no particular order, and all fairly biased opinions, so feel free to comment below and tell me what a huge idiot I am, as long as you provide links to blogs you think are better. G'ahead, I dare ya.
<3 V

"HS21's Adventures in Being a Private Eye

" Drops of water assaulted my window, there was a storm raging outside and it was wetter than a teenage girl on the opening night of a Twilight movie. Six months, six goddamn months of sitting behind my desk, waiting for a case that never comes. I'd given up on looking forward to a job landing right on my lap, the only thing I did look forward to anymore was a hot cup of chocolate delivered to my office by my secretary. I can never call her that in person though, mother said that that's "Fucking stupid" and proceeded to splash me in the face with the mug of hot chocolate still in her hand. Shit was hot." (

HS21's pros continue to awe and astound me, and to find such a beautifully written paragraph on this (at times) troll-ridden website gives me hope for the future. If you're looking for low-brow, back-water humor, keep moving. But if it's fine wit and satire you desire, indulge your senses with some blogs by HS21.

Sweep's Keeping it Simple

"I don't know how we made it to Friday. I have lost and regained my faith in humanity on an almost daily basis. But let's not talk of such darkness. Let's keep it simple..."

How can I write a "Best of" without Sweep? Since about a month into GB's budding existence, Sweep has been known as THE Blogger. And perhaps his most endearing quality, is that he constantly tries to shine the light away from him and onto other bloggers. So why did I chose these 4 lines from his hundreds (if not thousands) of blogs? Because in a way, it sums up the GB community. Simple people who with one sentence can betray and humiliate you, and then in the next, validate and befriend you. So while Sweep is on Haitus, go read some of his older blogs, and feel the love.

Rowr's 2008 Goaty Awards

Some of you may remember Rowr from back in the good ol' days, when IRC was thriving, and every "How are YOU?" thread was getting spammed and then closed, or maybe you know him from his playful yet informative blogs. Blogs that have been scarcer and scarcer these days. "Why?" you ask, "Why should such talent be ripped from our community? Why the silence, Rowr?" Well I'll tell you why, he went and got some lousy girlfriend and a 12 hour job and now has no time for such frivolities as make believe podcasts and watermelon-head profile pictures. Maybe some day he'll return and grace the blogosphere with his presence. Until then, we can only dream.

Matt Bodega's Kessler Kam

As the creator of GB's first community Podcast (Bomb Should Have a Face), Matt Bodega has been keeping the community informed about the Giant Bomb going-ons. So it's only appropriate that he should intern for Whiskey media and then leak the happenings to the rest of us peons.

Zombie Pie's Community Spotlight

I can't really take an excerpt from this blog. I mean, I COULD, but it would either confuse or bore you. So let me summarize: This is where you go when you want to know what's up in the community. If Matty B is the undercover agent for revealing what the staff is up to, Zombie Pie is the historian who chronicles all the cool stuff that's happening under your nose.

JJWeatherman's Cloudy with a Chance of Gaming

"Welcome to Bright Falls. / Is that a giant deer float? / Where’s it’s lucha mask?"

You've got that essaydue/mathquiz/powerpoint/work in the morning, and you've told yourself NO VIDEOGAMEZ TIL I FINISH. But you find yourself on giantbomb procrastinating anyway. Where do you go? To JJWeatherman, for some good old fashioned critiques and reviews that don't make you want to punch the writer in the face. Maybe you're not like me and have never had the urge to punch a blogwriter in the face, but chances are the thought has crossed your mind. Have no fear, for JJWeatherman's Cloudy with a Chance of Gaming episodes are intriguing and (genearlly) as non-biased as this community gets.

Marino's PAX Guide to PAX

"Don't Be a Dick".

PAX just ended, but it's never too early to start planning for next year, and what better way to get ready than with the internet! Marino lays it all out for you with his PAX Guide to PAX, and the best thing about it, is that it's timeless. With such advice as "Shower Every Day" and "Don't Be a Dick ", one could potentially use this as a "Guide for Doing Anything in Public", not just PAX.

edit:

Video_Game_King's PEOPLE'S CHOICE

TMTDNR.
That's my 2 cents. But the photo of the rocket bear was pretty classy.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Now, what could be missing from this blog? Hmm...

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By thordain

Lousy girlfriend, had to steal Rowr away from us. What ever happened to her? 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I don't see Thordain around much, trippin'.

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By WallacetheGreat

Geez, I'm getting all nostalgic over defunct podcasts and all those days in the IRC. Good times.

Guess I'll just scurry back into my hole now and keep being a Giantbomb hipster. This place used to be cool before it got all mainstream.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Daveyo520

I wonder if I should blog. But what to blog about? Then again no one would read it and it would fall on deaf ears. I have hardly the followers to try.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sameeeeam
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Daveyo520
@Underachiever007: I think you accidentally used the word prolific instead of infamous. 
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Red12b

Waxing Nostalgic are we?

I'm feeling it at least, Goaty's were awesome

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@Claude said: 

" I don't see Thordain around much, trippin'. "

He lurks. He's a lurker.

@Underachiever007 said: 

" Nice list, but you missed possibly the most prolific blogger on the site. "

pro·lif·ic /prəˈlifik/ Adjective

1. (of a plant, animal, or person) Producing much fruit or foliage or many offspring.

No, she mentioned me already.    
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#11  Edited By LordAndrew
@Sweep said:
"
@Underachiever007 said: 

1. (of a plant, animal, or person) Producing much fruit or foliage or many offspring."
Video_Game_King is actually sterile.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King
@LordAndrew:

Just because I can't impregnate your women does not make me sterile. You want me to transform into a giant penis and prove you wrong?
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Nice list, I'll have to check out Rowr's blogs, I haven't read them before.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thordain

I think I've realized that I just don't like forums. So I've just dropped looking there almost entirely. 

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@Video_Game_King said:
" @LordAndrew: Just because I can't impregnate your women does not make me sterile. You want me to transform into a giant penis and prove you wrong? "
You don't need to transform for us to know that you are a giant penis :D

Oh no he di-ent!
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sameeeeam
@Sweep said:

" @Claude said: 

" I don't see Thordain around much, trippin'. "

He lurks. He's a lurker.

@Underachiever007

said: 

1. (of a plant, animal, or person) Producing much fruit or foliage or many offspring.
No, she mentioned me already.     "

pro·lif·ic /prəˈlifik/ Adjective

2. (of an artist, author, or composer) Producing many works.

Does this apply to you as well? No it does not!
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@Underachiever007: Well actually, considering I have more Blogs that VGK, it kinda does :/

EDIT: Also, I was totally deliberately picking an alternative meaning for the word "prolific" with humorous intent. 

That was the joke.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sameeeeam
@Sweep said:

" @Underachiever007: Well actually, considering I have more Blogs that VGK, it kinda does :/ "

Then I'm outta here!  
*drops microphone*

EDIT: I got the joke.
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Virago
@Thordain said:

" Lousy girlfriend, had to steal Rowr away from us. What ever happened to her?  "

She moved to Australia to steal all his time and monies. It's truly a shame that he hasn't written more blogs.

@Red12b:
It kinda turned out that way, didn't it? at least there's a few new ones in there....

@WallacetheGreat:
The golden age of Giant Bomb, as I call it. I miss our podcasts and trolling idiots. *sigh*

@Sweep: You win the internet. Even if you never blog again (god forbid), you will forever be known as THE blogger on giant bomb. 
bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By bonbolapti

some of them are good, but not all of them /heckle *chortle*

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Sweep said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" @LordAndrew: Just because I can't impregnate your women does not make me sterile. You want me to transform into a giant penis and prove you wrong? "
You don't need to transform for us to know that you are a giant penis :D

Oh no he di-ent!
"
*grrrrr* *transforms into a giant penis* This thing's loaded! Don't make me do it!
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Virago
@Video_Game_King:  Would you kindly refrain from ejaculating over my blog? I know you're (literally) a dick, but just this once?
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Virago:

Who said anything about your blog? I was gonna ejaculate onto Sweep.
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Virago
@Video_Game_King:

No Caption Provided
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Virago:

I thought you were Virago.
thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thordain
@Virago said:
" @Thordain said:

" Lousy girlfriend, had to steal Rowr away from us. What ever happened to her?  "

She moved to Australia to steal all his time and monies. It's truly a shame that he hasn't written more blogs.

@Red12b:
It kinda turned out that way, didn't it? at least there's a few new ones in there....

@WallacetheGreat:
The golden age of Giant Bomb, as I call it. I miss our podcasts and trolling idiots. *sigh*

@Sweep: You win the internet. Even if you never blog again (god forbid), you will forever be known as THE blogger on giant bomb.  "
Damn, really? Man, people do crazy things when you don't hear word about them for 2 years. How's Australia as an American?
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm glad that I come off as non-biased. Not getting punched in the face is one of my life goals, so I'm happy that I'm successful in that regard. That was really funny reading though that. Great picks all around as well. I feel like I need to step up the quality of my blog a bit; maybe tomorrow's will be a good one.

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Foil1212

Shit. I miss old-timey chat. Mattbodega in there, with BSHAF, and my bullshit outtro thing I did, and all the community nonsense. I loved it, and I miss it.