Best VR experiences to show off to someone that have never tried VR?

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By void

Hey duders,

I'm showing VR to some family members that have never tried any VR. I have a Rift with touch controllers. What would be the best games/demos for this? So far I tried the following myself: Medium, The Climb, Quill, Toybox, Dreamdeck, SUPERHOT VR, EVE: Valkyrie, + EarthVR on steam using FakeVive.

Anything else I should acquire to show off ? Could be simple demos. Just something cool.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rec Room

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess what we have already listed is pretty much all of it...

Any good roller coasters or something perhaps? I never got to try the DK1 / DK2 stuff for Rift. Most stuff I found doesn't seem to work for retail version.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I cannot stress this enough- please start them out with stationary (perhaps even seated) demos before allowing them to graduate to larger experiences. Few things have upset me more in the past couple of weeks than videos of first time VR users getting vertigo or freaking out because they started with something too intense. The last thing VR needs is a reputation for being dangerous. Once they adjust to the sensation, they're golden. So maybe start them out in Toybox.

sikdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a blast with Superhot. I tried a roller coaster sim too that was pretty cool but I don't remember what it was called.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Job SImulator is awesome, easy going, and funny.

Do that. Plenty of stuff and physics to mess around with

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Toybox, first and foremost. Give them stuff to bust up. First Contact is a good one too, as long as they don't immediately go for the Oculus floppy. Physics are great to mess around with, especially in a zero-pressure scenario. Avoid anything with teleporting, fighting, killing, or decision-making. What's easy or simple for people who have been playing games for their entire life is completely alien and insane to non-gamers. We know language and cues that won't even register with the average person. Most people can't operate a standard controller, let alone think straight in a totally different world.

Tilt Brush, Medium, and Quill are all good for more artistic people, even if they don't make much of anything, to get a sense of wonder and possibility. It might take a bit of coaching with the controls but it's pretty easy for the potential to shine through, even in a fifteen minute session or so.

Don't do Google Earth VR. Great idea, but really really causes nausea, especially as you get in closer and closer to landmarks. The free-floating nature of the camera is rough for a lot of people. It was making me hot in the face after about twenty minutes, and I know everyone is different, but it's better not to ruin someone's day if you can avoid it.

Also, make sure to really clearly define the difference between "trigger" and "grip button." I've had a few people become totally lost whenever I would mention the grip button.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By void
Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the Resident Evil PC demo have VR support? Just start them with that.