Best Wrestling Game Ever!

Bipedpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bipedpower

Which is your favorite wrestling game. My personal favorite is WWF No Mercy and WWF War Zone

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

Def Jam fight for NY

Bipedpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bipedpower
Black_Rose said:
"Def Jam fight for NY"
those were fun games actually.
Robocop111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Robocop111

I love WWF No Mercy, you want to know what other game is just as great as WWF No Mercy? its my game Robocop vs The Terminator, remember that game? that was a great game, you should buy my game.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Black_Rose
Robocop said:
"I love WWF No Mercy, you want to know what other game is just as great as WWF No Mercy? its my game Robocop vs The Terminator, remember that game? that was a great game, you should buy my game."
You know what's great? Decent posters, remember those? they are great posters, you should become one 
Robocop111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Robocop111
Black_Rose said:
"Robocop said:
"I love WWF No Mercy, you want to know what other game is just as great as WWF No Mercy? its my game Robocop vs The Terminator, remember that game? that was a great game, you should buy my game."
You know what's great? Decent posters, remember those? they are great posters, you should become one "
That it, you are under arrest! dead or alive, your coming with me.
Bipedpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bipedpower
Robocop said:
"Black_Rose said:
"Robocop said:
You know what's great? Decent posters, remember those? they are great posters, you should become one "
That it, you are under arrest! dead or alive, your coming with me."
Robocop prepare to face batman in disguise i cant tell you who i am sorry.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Black_Rose
Robocop said:
"That it, you are under arrest! dead or alive, your coming with me."
Im sorry, i dont touch bad roleplayers
Robocop111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Robocop111
Black_Rose said:
"Robocop said:
"That it, you are under arrest! dead or alive, your coming with me."
Im sorry, i dont touch bad roleplayers"
You won't touch me but your cell mate bubba will be touching you, when I send your ass to prison.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Black_Rose
Robocop said:
"You won't touch me but your cell mate bubba will be touching you, when I send your ass to prison."
right... i'll be just fine in the candy prison next to my good friend harry potter
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By kush

Why is robocop still here? ...I can't remember the name, but there was a Smackdown! game I loved for the PS2 that had a really great story where you could create alliances etc and things you did and said actually mattered.

Robocop111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Robocop111
Black_Rose said:
"Robocop said:
"You won't touch me but your cell mate bubba will be touching you, when I send your ass to prison."
right... i'll be just fine in the candy prison next to my good friend harry potter"
Bubba or Harry Potter or what ever you want to call your 300 pound cell mate that got you bend down and....well you know the rest.
Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jecrell
Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ma7moud

The first Smack down vs Raw, I spent hours playing this game.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By DualReaver
Robocop said:
"Black_Rose said:
"Robocop said:
right... i'll be just fine in the candy prison next to my good friend harry potter"
Bubba or Harry Potter or what ever you want to call your 300 pound cell mate that got you bend down and....well you know the rest."
If you're going to rp, at least be funny.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Black_Rose
DualReaver said:
"If you're going to rp, at least be funny."
Indeed, go look at Hulk or Jesus, get some hints from them
Robocop111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Robocop111

Whether you like it or not, am staying here on GB.

Bipedpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bipedpower
Robocop said:
"Whether you like it or not, am staying here on GB."
your not staying here ill battle you
Robocop111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Robocop111
Bipedpower said:
"Robocop said:
"Whether you like it or not, am staying here on GB."
your not staying here ill battle you"
your move creep.
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By xxNBxx
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm pleased that AKI is getting such a nice turnout in this thread. I'm also saddened that their last contribution to the genre was Def Jam: Fight for New York.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xxNBxx
HandsomeDead said:
"I'm pleased that AKI is getting such a nice turnout in this thread. I'm also saddened that their last contribution to the genre was Def Jam: Fight for New York."

I hear ya,  One thing i wonder is if AKI is even still around,  If so and if WWE can ever get out of their contract with THQ then i would like to see AKI make another WWE game. 
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Randolph

The AKI engine is outdated.  Real wrestling is much more like the Smackdown games, Here Comes The Pain and earlier anyway.  The idea that Stone Cold would have to get an opponent "dizzy" then grapple him, THEN give him the stone cold stunner was kinda, well, stupid.  In a good smackdown game, I could have a finisher saved up, the AI opponent could go for a move, I could reverse it, and immediately hit L1 for a stunner out of nowhere for a victory. (could even have multiple finsihers saved back, enough to reverse a Rock Bottom into a Stunner, which is just awesomely awesome)  Now THAT is how an actual WWE wrestling match can go, and should be reflected in games.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Milkman

Can the mods please ban all the roleplayers?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Black_Rose
Milkman said:
"Can the mods please ban all the roleplayers?"
Nah, Hulk and Jesus are fine. They should ban all the bad roleplayers
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26  Edited By OGCartman

Well i personally loved all the wrestling games.
And i bought every SDVR within its first month it was out, and on my psp XD
Huge fan of wrestling games.

Hmm, the orginal SDVR was phenomenal. And alot of the N64 ones.
Forgot the names atm :P

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HandsomeDead
Randolph said:
"The AKI engine is outdated.  Real wrestling is much more like the Smackdown games, Here Comes The Pain and earlier anyway.  The idea that Stone Cold would have to get an opponent "dizzy" then grapple him, THEN give him the stone cold stunner was kinda, well, stupid.  In a good smackdown game, I could have a finisher saved up, the AI opponent could go for a move, I could reverse it, and immediately hit L1 for a stunner out of nowhere for a victory. (could even have multiple finsihers saved back, enough to reverse a Rock Bottom into a Stunner, which is just awesomely awesome)  Now THAT is how an actual WWE wrestling match can go, and should be reflected in games."
You've never seen Japanese wrestling, have you? The AKI engine is exactly how that plays out. And really, i'd much rather play a game like that where there's plenty of options rather than something WWE style which is utter garbage.
daycru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daycru

Wrestlemania 2000.  No Mercy is remembered more fondly and had more features, but it always felt sluggish to me.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Karmum

I never was able to play WWF No Mercy, so I would have to say WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Randolph
HandsomeDead said:
"Randolph said:
"The AKI engine is outdated.  Real wrestling is much more like the Smackdown games, Here Comes The Pain and earlier anyway.  The idea that Stone Cold would have to get an opponent "dizzy" then grapple him, THEN give him the stone cold stunner was kinda, well, stupid.  In a good smackdown game, I could have a finisher saved up, the AI opponent could go for a move, I could reverse it, and immediately hit L1 for a stunner out of nowhere for a victory. (could even have multiple finsihers saved back, enough to reverse a Rock Bottom into a Stunner, which is just awesomely awesome)  Now THAT is how an actual WWE wrestling match can go, and should be reflected in games."
You've never seen Japanese wrestling, have you? The AKI engine is exactly how that plays out. And really, i'd much rather play a game like that where there's plenty of options rather than something WWE style which is utter garbage."
Well then, you likely shouldn't play any WWE games.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I don't know. From what I recall, WCW vs NWO: World Tour kind of set the stage for wrestling games to follow. I had a lot of fun with it as a kid.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#32  Edited By jeff
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
Jeff said:
"I was always a fan of Tag Team Wrestling."
oh my is teh jeff!!!!

Hi jeff!!! how are you!?
SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SamStrife

WWF No Mercy on the good ol' 64.  It's weird that that game has done more cool things than any wrestling game has after.  Stuff like when you suplex a guy and he (or even you) land on a ladder, you take damage, rather than nowadays when the ladder just moves...  And the special guest refeering matches were the best in No Mercy aswell.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lemegeton

WWF no mercy hands down. and i can understand the argument that aspects of the WWE engine are more relevant today , when it comes to pure fun and challenge the WWE games just dont do it anymore. i do agree though that the Smackdown games have gone downhill since Here comes the pain and after WWF No mercy , HCTP is a close second

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Randolph
Lemegeton said:
"WWF no mercy hands down. and i can understand the argument that aspects of the WWE engine are more relevant today , when it comes to pure fun and challenge the WWE games just dont do it anymore. i do agree though that the Smackdown games have gone downhill since Here comes the pain and after WWF No mercy , HCTP is a close second
"
Yeah, it's like every year, they fix what isn't broken, (which breaks it) don't fix what is broken, and introduce new half assed features that are broken right out of the gate and require fixing in the next game.  I mean seriously, take a year off, reboot, and scrap PS2 development altogether.  We STILL have yet to actually get what looks and plays like a full fledged current gen wrestling game, just PS2 games running in upscaled resolutions.  I mean, come on..... clipping and hit detection issues?  STILL?  Also, this years single player mode focuses on tag team matches, which have never played all too well on any SD game, and you're limited on who you can actually play as in that mode as well.  I mean seriously, what a fucking awful idea.  Take HCTP, update the roster, and give it a brand new current gen only engine.  Bam, you just made the best wrestling game in years.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HandsomeDead
Randolph said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Randolph said:
You've never seen Japanese wrestling, have you? The AKI engine is exactly how that plays out. And really, i'd much rather play a game like that where there's plenty of options rather than something WWE style which is utter garbage."
Well then, you likely shouldn't play any WWE games."
Well, if there were other, better wrestling games on the market, I wouldn't.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38  Edited By OGCartman
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Randolph

Have you tried Fire Pro wrestling?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HandsomeDead

Fire Pro is fun on the GBA but something new, tangable and playable on the 360 is what i'd really like. Just not some shoddy beat 'em up failure like everything released in the past few years.