Second stick would be nice...

Fawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Fawk

I know this is a mock-up but no second stick = No Sale.

I am hoping Sony isn't stupid enough to pull a Nintendo and just do a hardware refresh.

If they pull a new PSP out at E3 that is more powerful and better designed it would bolster their flagging sales exponentially and probably liven up PS3 sales as well.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

Download-only & one analog nub = no go. (Pun intended)

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I still really wish that there is a UMD feature. Because my old psp broke and I dont want to buy another to be able to play my old games.

Blueblur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Blueblur1
PainGod89 said:
"I still really wish that there is a UMD feature. Because my old psp broke and I dont want to buy another to be able to play my old games."
You would have to buy another one regardless. Its not like this will be the only PSP available. You can find PSP-2000s and 3000s quite easily and the 3000s should be readily available well into 2010.
sketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By sketch

What I would like our of digital distribution only type PSP is for them to move away from console style 3D games, and go more towards smaller stuff. Set the PS Store like the iPhone app store, and make it open to anyone to develop stuff, with basic moderation. Make  it a platform indie developers will want to make games for. So it would basically be an iPod Touch... but with decent game controls.

Atta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Atta

i personally prefer this one --> http://kotaku.com/361385/psp2-concept-is-totally-fugtastic

Mcubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By Mcubed

Oh come on! There is no reason that 'backwards compatibility' should hold back a second analog nub. All they have to do is stick in there, and older games just ignore it. It just wouldn't work on older PSP games.

I still have the PSP PHAT, and have been waiting for a decent change. I'd probably still buy it though, because it looks significantly smaller and might actually fit in my pocket.

lordbadr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By lordbadr

I personally on the other hand can't wait till handhelds and consoles in general go all the way through digital downloads.  I think the industry has proven already how these mediums are used widely by gamers.  Steam, Xboxlive, PSN and even iTunes with the iphone are all digital downloads and look how well these devices work.

So I am hoping the new PSP has a hard drive or built in storage flash, and games are bought and downloaded through the internet.

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#110  Edited By Spiritof

I really wish they would do a redesign that helps prevent the screen from potential scratching. It's my biggest peeve about the current PSP models.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#111  Edited By toowalrus

PSP GO!? More like PSP NO! Am I right!

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By jonnyp

how they hell could anyone reach the shoulder buttons when the screen is up?

also, to echo every one's feelings already, add the second analog stick.
ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ShiroMe

Looks like a downgrade to me. How do I get my games in there? Are you saying all my games are worthless on this thing?

PLWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By PLWolf

Just make it PSP2, add the second Nub, and move forward with new software that takes advantage of the hardware.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#115  Edited By Snail

Ha.

Love Photoshop.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#116  Edited By JonathanMoore

Meh, looks OK, wont convince me to buy a PSP still though...

-- God Bless.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By agentboolen

I don't know about this, that mock up doesn't look that comfortable to me, sure I would have to have it in my hand to know for sure but doesn't look like a better design from a visual stand point.  I also think they should think more about moving on and making a more powerful system with 2 nubs and just ditch this half fast no UMD design.  Unless they can make this hand held much cheaper with no UMD I don't see the point.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#118  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, that isn't what I was looking for! I say "no thanks" to this.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Thunder

I want a second analog stick im sick of not having one

alConn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By alConn

I like a physical copy = I like to pirate my games.

Sorry, there is no way Sony is going to release an iterative PSP with a UMD drive from this point forward due to the unbelievable rampant piracy present on the device.  And yes, it should have a second damn stick, which in no way affects backwards capability.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Stevokenevo

As i already own all the other console and handhelds, the psp and the ps3 are the next in line.  So come sometime christmas 2009 i may consider one of these.  Download only doesnt bother me.  Stuff just collects dust in my room as it is.

sage3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By sage3k

"1up... Giving more reasons for fanboys to fight".

again jumping the gun with it's rumors.

did anyone ever notice how the PS1 when it released the dual shock the 2nd analog stick was pretty useless?  I think the new PSP will be the same case. it may have a 2nd nub.. but it will be rendered useless unless the new game that requires it. But then again..  they should just be blowing smoke again.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Afroman269

Wow, they sorta just turned me off on that. I don't see what would hurt about adding a second analog stick. This fails.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Media_Master

they need the other analog stick

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#125  Edited By BigBoss1911

Do some of you actually think thats the real thing?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By maxszy
Rheinmetall said:
"No UMD support? Does this mean, that the UMD games we've bought will be unplayable on the new system? I've seen this before..."
Yep! Zomgz have to buy new system and all new games! Such wonderful ideas!

*cough*Apple*cough*
guzzyla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By guzzyla

at least add a second analog stick, so I can at least  get a bit  excited  !!!

BolognaSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By BolognaSoup

No second analog stick would be the most epic fail in the history of video games. I would think (hope) Sony realizes that...

fwitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By fwitness

Am I the only one who noticed that the shoulder buttons would move up with the screen?  It would be impossible for me to reach those buttons in "slide up" mode.  I sold my gen1 PSP awhile ago but man, seriously.  Buttons.

Oh, and by the way, I signed up  just to make this comment.  Love the bombcast.  

Final note:Drinking is fun.  Especially things like "Belgian Dubbel"
GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#130  Edited By GozerTC

I left behind the PSP a long time ago, and one reason was the lack of a second analog stick.  Made games just chunky without the now completely standard 2nd analog control.  I don't mind the no UMD since I don't have any of those anymore.  I like the idea of it being a couple of gigs of memory, though if everything is download only isn't 16 GB a bit small?  I mean don't UMD's hold 1GB each?  

Also if they do a download service they need to make sure we can REDOWNLOAD a game especially if we can't keep many stored on system with only 16 GB storage. 

Finally in this render the shoulder buttons are way out of position.  Probably, if a slide out, they'd be on the slide out part.  Just a little nitpick. :) 
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ocdog45

pass

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Cheetoman

Cool on paper, not in reality

Sephiroth9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Sephiroth9997

Where is the second analogue?  FAIL

muesli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By muesli

Bollocks, that's not even a mockup... no PSP like that would ever be released. One couldn't use the analog controls sitting almost in the middle of the device.

sanchitxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By sanchitxd

two analogs just means more ports 

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#136  Edited By damnboyadvance

How do they come up with these images?

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By baconbits33

Okay ummm I wasn't impressed with the PSP anyways, I mean come on! The only reason you would by any game console by sony anyways is for graphics! Seriously it's the exact same as the sony PSP only you get ripped off! You have to rebuy your games! And even if there is a second analog stick it's not like it changes anything, the gameplay is still the same, the sound sucks, and the graphics suck, so no thank you, unless they can actually make all those better, I'm sticking to a laptop.

leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#138  Edited By leky1

i can not buy it for a couple reasons! first of all you have to buy games online  which is dumb! second of all it is lacking the second nub which is even dumber!and third of all  PSP 3000 is a lot better!oh yeah and please note that PSP 3000 is NOT the second PSP cuz PSP 2000 is second!!!

No Caption Provided
NL_Buddha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By NL_Buddha

Two things..... they need the second analog. This will make many more types of games much easier to play.
As well, No UMD no problem as long as we get to download a digital copy of our games for free so we don't have any other charges.

If you charge me for a copy of a game I already have then I will be very angry indeed!!!

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#140  Edited By mathewballard

I would be interested in a hard drive based PSP. That really is the one thing now that keeps me from playing with mine. The fact that I can only have one game, for the most part, on me and I don't know which one to take. So I always end up saying, fuck it. But, Sony does need to come up with some kind of system where you do pay for the games you already have on UMD when you go to download them.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#141  Edited By jakob187

Dear Giant Bomb Staff:

Decide what truly IS the worst-kept-secret-in-the-gaming-industry.  Last week, it was Marvel vs. Capcom 2.  The week before that...I don't remember.  Now we have the PSP Go!.  COME ON!  WE NEED A DEFINITIVE CHOICE!!!
gustave154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By gustave154

oh come on sony just give us the second analog nub already i dun give a shit if its uncomfortable.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#143  Edited By Daroki

They DON'T need the second analog stick and it's going to be a huge mistake if they add it.  If they put a second analog stick in, they splinter the market between games that can only be played on the PSP Go! and games that can be played on the previous PSPs.  They need to keep this PSP Go! as compatible with the three other revisions of the PSP they've released as possible so you don't splinter the market.  For the most part, according to rumors, it's just losing the UMD drive, picking up a solid state hard drive, and acquiring games via download.

If you add a second analog stick, you isolate users of the nearly 50 million PSPs already out there, don't you realize that?  Or are you too busy trying to be one of the cool kids going "on 2nd anlog stik, xpic phails!1111!!one" without thinking for a moment.

And for people saying that the picture is turning them off, this is a mockup based off the Mylo 2 that 1UP put together since the Mylo 2 was a (for the most part) failed internet device put out by Sony.  In other words, it's a guess to what it might look like, just like every picture of the PSP Go! we've seen for the last three months. We haven't seen an official picture of this PSP Go! and probably won't until they leak closer to E3.

And for people talking about interaction with the Playstation Store, you can redownload things off the Playstation Store, based on your login.  It'll have a symbol next to things that it recognizes you've already bought and won't recharge you for those items.  It's also supposed to have a Pro Duo slot for the memory sticks currently being used, so you can use those which are dirt cheap now to swap around rather than UMDs.

grifter00020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By grifter00020

Who cares bout UMDs? All I care about is how long it will take to boot isos.

miningguyx360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By miningguyx360

stop spending so much money on making the psp1 better and just make a new psp. When you have the chance to put another analog stick on there do it. I know this isn't the real picture but you need to completely change how the psp works. I have sold and bought a psp about 3 times now and everytime i think they have some good games and a good platform im wrong. Another reason they may not want to change how the psp works is because of the terrible breakdown of the PS3. They have no money to waste and thats about it, they can't take a risk which could destroy Sony as a whole.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Demyx

I need to get a PSP soon, so I guess this'll do.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Al3xand3r