Big Live LIVE Show: Live! 2015 (Wed April 29th!) Discussion

ejc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I doubt this will have much at all to do with the original goal of attracting new subscribers - that'll be a cool bonus, but I doubt it'll take priority.

GameSpot had a presence last time with the Scrub League, and that's when we barely knew any of them.

climax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Time to rewatch all of the BLLS:L again. Let the hype begin.

Can I get Dan doing wrestling lessons to Vinny and Brad?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As others have said, they shouldn't have the event in the actual CBSi office floor that they're on. Not really conducive to a party atmosphere. Maybe there is an open lot in the CBSi parking lot where they can set up shop and have an actual block party.

As far as what to show... let Lang, Drake, Pope, and someone from Microsoft and Nintendo that the GB crew are friends with to show off some new games. Let the Tested crew have a guest spot to talk about VR and coffee. Give a segment to the Bunch of Dads podcast. Bring over some of the Gamespot crew to show off a few games as well. Maybe invite friend of the site Stardust to make an appearance? Oh man... if Dan can set up a video-game oriented wrestling match featuring the guys from Hoodslam, that would be great.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

1. I'm happy as hell to see that they are bringing back the BLLSL.

2. I don't know what the hell they make this show at this point.

3. I don't know many of the personalities outside of Giant Bomb and Danny O'Dwyer to feel nearly as invested as I used to, but whatever.

4. If Will, Norm, Jamie, and Adam don't have a segment there...and there isn't a Big Red Phone with Gary Whitta manning it again, I might be goddamn sad as fuck.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

In BLLSLs past we've had some fighting game action with Seth Killian and Noah Solis playing pre-release UMvC3, I wonder if we can get some MKX action this time around.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

All this sounds like total madness. I'm hyped time to get that vacation request in!!!

dudeglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ideas for BLLSL 2015. Jeff wanders around CBSi office with the family fortune mic to find:

- Dan sitting in a room playing Mario Party on his own for the entire duration of the BLLSL against three AI controlled players. If he beats all 50 rounds in the time it takes for all of BLLSL, Dan gets, like, I dunno, a 40 of mickeys for winning. or he has to eat mayonnaise with some hippies if he loses. Subscribers get to see the Dan Cam.

- Drew showing off his climbing gear at CBSi's newly-installed climbing wall (I don't know if this exists). GoPros abound.

- Jason is literally moving boxes of cables from one room to another, thinking it's just another day at the office.

- Brad has turned into an entrepreneur and announces the successful series A funding round of his guineau pig startup (name pending)

- Vinny somehow manages to hook up several twitch chat channels into Velvet Sundown.

- O'Dwyer literally stumbles in drunk, thinking it's just another day at the office.

- Alex is just standing around and no one notices or cares.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will announce the new hire at this thing, probably.

Marmaladebrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Might call in sick for this.

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Probably going to try to have the day off for this, been way too long since the last one almost 3 years ago. That's like the WWE not having a Wrestlemania for 3 years. I'm confident the guys will pull out all the stops for this and that there will be awesome guests! So hyped for this! #teambrad

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

This thing has to have a Scrub League segment. Nidhogg or Sports Friends: Super Pole Riders would be cool.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In honour of Ryan, some one should at least attempt the 100 nugs in 100mins challenge, maybe Dan? Also Alexis, Dave and Karen should be in attendance, and maybe Ian Kelly behind the scenes. The Oestreicher family should have something fun to do, maybe an arts and crafts corner for Lisa? Anyway I'm just glad they're doing one of these again, I caught the last one live and it was magical, wasn't that also the first instalment of spooking with scoops? Patrick should probably drop by too.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Teddie

I hope they bring Insomniac back to play Fuse some more.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By Blackout62
@dudeglove said:

This video came to my attention recently. I was not aware of Drew's HR violations at CBSi.

Loading Video...

Also, for me - well, it can't notbe this.

I can tell just from this angle that Drew has great aiming technique... And I would kill for that bow.

And there will never be as good a Big Live LIVE Show as that block party.

Ideas for BLLSL 2015. Jeff wanders around CBSi office with the family fortune mic to find:

- Dan sitting in a room playing Mario Party on his own for the entire duration of the BLLSL against three AI controlled players. If he beats all 50 rounds in the time it takes for all of BLLSL, Dan gets, like, I dunno, a 40 of mickeys for winning. or he has to eat mayonnaise with some hippies if he loses. Subscribers get to see the Dan Cam.

- Drew showing off his climbing gear at CBSi's newly-installed climbing wall (I don't know if this exists). GoPros abound.

- Jason is literally moving boxes of cables from one room to another, thinking it's just another day at the office.

- Brad has turned into an entrepreneur and announces the successful series A funding round of his guineau pig startup (name pending)

- Vinny somehow manages to hook up several twitch chat channels into Velvet Sundown.

- O'Dwyer literally stumbles in drunk, thinking it's just another day at the office.

- Alex is just standing around and no one notices or cares.

Dave's sister is drunk coming on and off camera. BLLSL people.

TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burgavo said:

In honour of Ryan, some one should at least attempt the 100 nugs in 100mins challenge, maybe Dan?

Dan should totally try this.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So excited this falls between semesters. And 4 days after my bday! Would be awesome if they could do a block party like the first one. That was legendary.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burgavo said:

In honour of Ryan, some one should at least attempt the 100 nugs in 100mins challenge, maybe Dan?

Dan also would totally try this.

I cannot wait! As March draws to a close I'm super excited that I can finally request 29th April off. Also got some less intense games lined up to play as it goes on.

TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tournamentofhate said:

@burgavo said:

I cannot wait! As March draws to a close I'm super excited that I can finally request 29th April off. Also got some less intense games lined up to play as it goes on.

Games, that's a good idea. I've also been planning what I'm gonna eat and stuff. Pizza & wings 4 life.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy84 said:

@tournamentofhate said:

@burgavo said:

Games, that's a good idea. I've also been planning what I'm gonna eat and stuff. Pizza & wings 4 life.

Yeah just good to have something else to do in the background something I can pick up and put down as and when I'm gripped by the show that I don't mind putting down....like Microsoft Bingo haha. Now I hadn't thought about food. I've got pizza hut, harveys, pita king and KFC within walking distance MMMMMMM.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tournamentofhate said:

@burgavo said:

As a person who has once seen 100 chicken nuggets in one place, this is a bad idea. Nothing good can come of it.

bondfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I hope they can get Benjamin Peezy to perform Money for them since Jeff and Alex were in his music video

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RonGalaxy

too bad Im already subbed up for the year already. I remember they had a feature during the third one where if you subscribed you got to write a dumb message that would appear on the bottom of the page for everyone to see.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Does that include for people simply adding more time to their existing sub as well?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy84: its not confirmed that they are doing the same thing this year, just that they did it the last time. And I'm not sure

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Checked the coming up on Giant Bomb section of the home page lately?

HibikiRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Any guesses as to how long this might be?

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By NegativeCero

Man, the first one was goddamn magical. I know that a block party thing would be crazy again, but it would be the most entertaining thing.

Also, is there really not an archive of the first one anywhere? The one archive was on justin.tv, which has long since been lost.

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By WalterCrunkFite

John Drake's face in the GIF on the first page is MAGICAL

davidfox1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be my first BLLSL. If Dave Lang is there, I'll freak out. That would be epic.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By onarum

@hibikirush: they run for like 12 hours.. No joke

First one I managed to watch in it's entirety live somehow, and I'm damn glad I did it :p

I'll say that this one they'll do the same, I mean why else call it bllsl

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only caught most of tbe last one while at work, helped pass the time quite well.

Hoping brad conquers another major gaming challenge (quitting dota cold turkey)

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated the OP with some Making of videos from the 1st BLLSL!

Marokai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83  Edited By Marokai

@artisanbreads said:

I guess a lot of guests on it?

I have different tastes from most on here though. I thought the previous shows had moments (yes Mile High ruled) but mostly weren't worth the effort on their end or the build up. But I feel the same way about a lot of their live show type stuff, like UPF. Fun, but I'd rather have them doing something else, like pre recorded videos, which I enjoy much more and find to be a way better product. The live shows are a bit aimless.

Not that a live show like that is easy to do, it's not. I've just always found UPF, TNT, Happy Hour, and these shows to be the weakest content on this site.

I really liked TNT, because it was more focused on something specific decided in advance, but otherwise I generally agree with you that I've always been part of the minority of people, it seems, that don't enjoy their variety live shows all that much compared to their other content. I actually feel a similar way to their E3 podcasts, where I'm always far more interested in the podcasts where they have as few guests as possible. 2009-2010 E3 podcasts are my preferred casts, and ever since then I've felt like it's just gotten more and more up its own ass. I don't listen to many guest-Bombcasts either, now that I think about it. I've never bothered to watch much of any of the BLLSLs.

Stuck in my ways, I guess.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Just wanted to chime in and say hi AND DAMN YOU BECAUSE I SPENT THE WHOLE DAY WATCHING BLLS:L VIDEOS, and share the youtube links to the archives I'm watching:

BLLS:L 2

part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZsA8mqpTrc

part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr_RuWbk9to

part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCwK-hzY1ls

BLLS:L 3

whole thing in one video part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zAfKa6gFDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWtLcHezbOY

or

part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtBQtU7cBEE

part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRkW09Tnm00

part 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1667fPhbX20

part 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVKq60_QDu0

You sir, are a saint. I've never seen any of the old BLLSL stuff.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

watching that Drew/Ryan video, Ryan was a fucking star man.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The first 2 were both about 7 hours long, I think.

Is it assumed that they are announcing the new hire at BLLS, or did Jeff announce that?

I'll probably have to watch the archive, being in a bunk timezone.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stackboy said:

@hibikirush said:

Is it assumed that they are announcing the new hire at BLLS, or did Jeff announce that?

Jeff's stance on the new hire is that when there's something to announce they'll announce it. No time frame has been given, could be tomorrow, could be in 3 months time.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I was just planning on taking a flex day from work for the 29th April....now I've had a meeting rescheduled from 22nd to 29th plus apparently teachers are striking here (due to be announced a week on Friday and Starting Monday 27th). Which for me (I work within special needs community in charge of crisis response) is the worst thing that could possibly happen. I'll be receiving a lot of calls from desperate parents wanting support from our staff.

So do;

• Suck it up and go to work and watch the archives.
  • Ask for the day off and try to work around it (likely won't happen)
  • Call in sick the day of (feels a bit low to even be considering that)

My meeting starts at 3pm and I see that the show is due to start at 2.00pm my time so in reality I may only miss 2 hours of stuff that I could go back watching later.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy84: I was in the same work situation for the past BLLSLs, I worked it and watched what missed in the archive. If you can get out of it go for it but if they're desperate then it's probably the right thing to do to do the time this once. We're not sure exactly what this BLLSL entails yet so maybe once we know it's up to the standard of the past 3 then get next year's booked off.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90  Edited By stackboy

Living in Australia and being on an entirely different timeline, I am forced to watch the archives and I am ok with that.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@flameboy84: I was in the same work situation for the past BLLSLs, I worked it and watched what missed in the archive. If you can get out of it go for it but if they're desperate then it's probably the right thing to do to do the time this once. We're not sure exactly what this BLLSL entails yet so maybe once we know it's up to the standard of the past 3 then get next year's booked off.

Yeah....I should have got it in properly I kind of informally asked my boss and he agreed in principle now all this has happened and it's not gonna happen. Thanks for the insight on how you managed it!

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By flameboy84

Well all my Christmas' came on one day. Teachers Strike isn't happening until 4th May and my colleague said she wanted to go to meeting I had scheduled in place of me as she has concerns about child that she wants to raise. Got that request in woohoo!

Musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

I used 8 hours of personal time at work to take off so I can catch this dumb thing live. I hope its appropriately crazy.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well all my Christmas' came on one day. Teachers Strike isn't happening until 4th May and my colleague said she wanted to go to meeting I had scheduled in place of me as she has concerns about child that she wants to raise. Got that request in woohoo!

That's great news! All worked out in the end.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LANG ZONE

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be great if they didn't let him in :D

Need some more drake and pope too, miss those guys.

I don't see why this would not be a good occasion to fly vinny/alex out too, but i doubt that's happening. Hope they're up to their own special breed of antics.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: I'm pretty sure Alex has already said he's flying out for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I was never here for any of the past ones and every time I search for them only the 3rd one appears. Can someone point me in the direction of the first two? And I'm just hoping for some hot Vinny action, and if they could get Scoops on top of that it would be pretty rad.

*edit I found The Second Annual Big Live Live Show Live! but I still can't find the archive for the first one, kind of annoying they are all under different search criteria

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be great if they didn't let him in :D

Need some more drake and pope too, miss those guys.

I don't see why this would not be a good occasion to fly vinny/alex out too, but i doubt that's happening. Hope they're up to their own special breed of antics.

I wonder if it may be better chance for them to continue testing their setup with their own features. From looking back at older shows it has been used as a showcase for new premium content so perhaps if they have something in mind they will show that off from there rather than fly over.

I'm psyched now! A Week away! I've got my plans all ready for the day! May as well take advantage of a spare day off with an empty place! Between 10am-1pm I'll be back on with some Dark Souls (perhaps streaming) then go get some food and nestle in. Got Sniper Elite 3 and Monopoly Plus that I'm going to play on the side as I watch.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to be emigrating the day this is on, hopefully I can catch parts of it in the airport(s) and then watch the archive :( Will be the first BLLSL I have not watched live :(